Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-07-2012, 03:14 AM
korryn92

Question Amethyst bracelet and rash in wrist???

OK First I want to say I know not everything is caused by crystals and other "odd" (as some people may think) things I do, and some things are from usual things but this is the only thing I have done different. Two days ago I started wearing my silver bracelet with Amethyst crystals on it all the time unless getting in the shower or washing stuff that could get it wet. So it was during the night I first started wearing it so today was the first time I took it off for a shower. Plus yesterday it was storming really bad all day and I won't take showers when it is lightening out. So I took my bracelet of at about 2 this afternoon to get a shower before I went grocery shopping and forgot to put it back on afterwards. At about 3:30 I noticed my wrist that I wear the bracelet on kept itching so after a while I looked down to see what was up. Come to find out I have these red speckles that are raised and itchy. I can't think of ANYTHING that I have touched or eaten that is out of the ordinary or that is known to cause skin irritation.
I was wondering if my body was getting used to the energy of the crystals being there constantly and this might of happened because of the absence of the energy. If anyone has any idea please let me know because I have no clue what it is from.
Old 28-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by korryn92
Plus yesterday it was storming really bad all day and I won't take showers when it is lightening out.

Very good to hear !

Ok, wondering about the silver in the bracelet, is it real silver or an artificial type metal ? Sometimes one can get a reaction, rash or skin turning green, from certain metals touching the skin.

I don't think it is because of you taking the amethyst's energy away ~

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 28-07-2012, 03:47 AM
korryn92

ok just was thinking of things it might be :)
and I got it as a gift for Easter from my boyfriend's mother and she said it is real silver. But she could have gotten lied too i have put the bracelet back on, just 30 minutes ago, and it hasn't gotten any worse, but weirdly better.
Old 28-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Deactivated Account

it was just an idea about the silver, if she said it was real silver then I would believe her...

great to hear it is better now ! It might just be a mystery, lol.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 28-07-2012, 04:01 PM
iolite

Maybe it's sterling silver and not pure silver. Is the metal really shiny or kind of a flat silver color? Sterling silver doesn't tarnish as easily as pure silver.
Old 28-07-2012, 09:20 PM
korryn92

Its more shiny than flat, but I wear silver all the time and this has never happened before.
I might have just bumped into something not knowing it and it might have caused irritation on my skin. I am known for my clumsiness. LOL
Old 28-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Lulu

This happens to me all of the time. I can only wear certain metals... 'pure(er)' gold and silver, surgical steel, and so on. If I wear a 'cheap' (there's probably a better word to describe them, but most people refer to them as 'cheap') type of metal I will have the worst skin reaction... itchy, burning, red, peeling skin. My friends joke with me that I just claim to have bad reactions to certain metals so I can weasel more expensive pieces of jewellery... that is, until they see the horrible reactions I have to some metals. They usually shut up after that lol.

I think a lot of the bad reactions people have are because of the nickel in some metals (including gold and silver)... a lot of people are more sensitive to nickel, which is in higher concentrations in a lot of the 'cheaper' jewellery out there.
Old 28-07-2012, 10:06 PM
korryn92

Lulu,
This happens to me a lot with certain metals as well, except my skin turns green and it just itches like crazy. So I need to pay attention with earrings especially because the cheap ones will make my ear piercings infected and swollen. I just thought it was weird this time because I had worn this bracelet so many times before this. And I never got these bumps with jewelry before, but I have gotten them when my skin came into contact with something I'm allergic to or certain medications I can't take too.
Old 28-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Lulu

You sound a lot like me... I'm fairly 'sensitive' to a lot of things, as well... Aside from two separate occasions, I actually haven't taken any medicine at all in several years because of this. I'm not sensitive to all medications, but I've developed a mild fear of them due to the terrible reactions I've had to a few. The only times I have had any medication in the past several years were because of nasty spider bites (whose bites aren't even considered medically significant lol)... I had to take pretty potent antibiotics for secondary infections.

I know what you mean about the earrings... they're the worst! I've mistakenly put not-so-good earrings in a few times in my life... ouch!

Honestly, it could have been anything... maybe even a bug bite... some insects bite multiple times. It could also have been Miliaria (not Malaria lol)... it's a common 'sweat rash.'

But, in reality, a lot of times when we have bad reactions we never find the cause... it could have been anything, really. You could have brushed up against something without even realizing you came into contact with it. It is pretty odd that this is the only time you have had such a reaction to this particular bracelet. I know that sometimes my 'reactions' have been delayed (taken several hours to a day to produce a rash)... but yeah, this one might forever be 'unexplained.' There are just too many variables lol.

Stay strong, my (fellow) sensitive friend... it can be an 'irritating' world out there for folks like us lol.
Old 29-07-2012, 05:44 AM
korryn92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu
Stay strong, my (fellow) sensitive friend... it can be an 'irritating' world out there for folks like us lol.

LOL This just made my day by the way
I believe this will be an unsolved mystery a swell.

Thank you all for your help!