Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-04-2016, 03:26 PM

Feeling disoriented during meditation?

During the process of acknowledging bodily sensations and my physical presence, or however you want to label it, I often feel disoriented, kind of like when you don't eat and sleep enough and feel suddenly disoriented and faint-like.

Any clue what's wrong?
Old 11-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Master
my gut feeling:
you're describing symptoms that might be associated with
breathing the high mountain air... when unaccustomed.
the pressure differential causes light-headedness.
your body may be attuning to lighter vibrations of thought.
steady the pace and move a bit slower perhaps.
move into the meditation more gradually.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Master

you are just feeling different from what is 'normal' for you. As you learn to meditate you sense of 'normal' changes. Meditation does change the feelings in your body.

Most go slowly enough to become gradually adjusted to any changes that occur. Although you don't *have* to if you don't want
Old 12-04-2016, 01:13 AM
Guide

Whatever your doing, don't stare at the tip of your nose. I fell for that one a while back and it caused me to have fainting spells.

If your not meditating with your eyes closed; you might want to try and do it that way. Also, if you burn some incense, that will make it easier for you to enter into a meditative state.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:53 AM

Thank you H:O:R:A:C:E and FallingLeaves!

If it's only a matter of maladjustment, and that I need to ease into meditation more gradually, then I have nothing to worry for. Some lightheaded sensation won't slow me down unless it were necessary.

Thanks again a whole lot for your input!
Old 12-04-2016, 01:57 AM

Mystic Mark,

I had never considered staring there before. And I occasionally open my eyes during meditation, but only when I feel comfortable and focused enough, otherwise my eyes wander and keep me distracted. Also, I do indeed burn incense when meditating at home, thank you. However, I typically feel disoriented when I briefly meditate in other settings, like at school (most recently, today), where I'm least in sync with the right frequencies (as opposed to when I am calmly sitting at home). That may be an additional factor.

Thank you for your help!
Old 13-04-2016, 01:19 AM
Guide

Your very Welcome! :)

I'm glad to hear that your burning incense. Creating an enviroment which is supportive of meditation is extremely important. I won't even chant a mantra (silently) without burning incense. If you just sit in the same location every day, and do these things, in time, what you might discover is that the moment that you enter into that space, you'll begin to feel meditative without even trying.

OM Namah Shivaya

... Signing Out!!!