Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Lorelyen

JustBe, about your original post. I tend to do that if someone has just one or two things. Nothing overtly spiritual about it. It's just that I'm a nice person !
(Well, there isn't an icon for :smirk:).

I'm rarely in a hurry with supermarket shopping. I usually pop in other shops of interest 'on the round'.

Old 25-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Master
It's a good idea to be aware of people around you, and if they only have a few items, let them go first. Makes life better for everyone (by now you'll have realised that it is I that only has a few items) teehee.
Old 25-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Master
But what really gets my goat is those self-service machines which say 'Card Only'. There's like 2 empty machines when I want to pay cash!!! Why the hell would anyone make a machine like that???
Old 25-05-2019, 08:53 PM
Master
I don't like self service machines. I avoid them. I'd rather wait on a long line and interact with a person even if they are not friendly.

Mutual admiration in sameness and differences. This can go deeper. Internally as well as externally. Poverty and Richness. The criminal and the good samaritan. War and peace. Admiring the darkest parts of yourself as well as the best in you. Can't say i'm there yet. Rather slowly becoming more indifferent to both. Indifference in sameness and differences.
Old 25-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
JustBe, about your original post. I tend to do that if someone has just one or two things. Nothing overtly spiritual about it. It's just that I'm a nice person !
(Well, there isn't an icon for :smirk:).

I'm rarely in a hurry with supermarket shopping. I usually pop in other shops of interest 'on the round'.

Your right, behind kind or nice isn’t really a spiritual attribute as such. I suppose though there are those who struggle with being nice to reactive people. As an example, I was sharing with my niece this story and gee wiz, she had all her cannons ready to fire when I mentioned the more aggressive fellow. The red hot steam coming out of her nostrils, almost blew me off my chair.. haha.

There was a lot moving through this whole experience for me at least. Seeing the many differences and sameness playing out in people. I was aware more profoundly how the younger man behind me was taken aback at receiving. For some people on my travels, I’ve noticed this a lot. Whether a small gesture or larger one, it can be a struggle to drop that guard and let in others support. So that’s why next time I thought the more aggressive man might like to experience another level of support.

It doesn’t surprise me you are nice and let others move before you. 💖
Old 25-05-2019, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I don't like self service machines. I avoid them. I'd rather wait on a long line and interact with a person even if they are not friendly.

Mutual admiration in sameness and differences. This can go deeper. Internally as well as externally. Poverty and Richness. The criminal and the good samaritan. War and peace. Admiring the darkest parts of yourself as well as the best in you. Can't say i'm there yet. Rather slowly becoming more indifferent to both. Indifference in sameness and differences.

Self serve, being served, it’s all the same to me. I move as things are available to me.

Yes the depth is where I am looking from into all this. I’m glad you’ve noticed more through my opening header. Sometimes the surface nature of things, can take us much deeper into these kind of experiences and ourselves as one. I think it can be a natural movement to understand yourself in this, when you understand yourself as all these people in the game of life. My dark side (where I have rainbow cookies..��) understands herself as everything she rejects, resists, admires, separates out, struggles with, add to the mix the dark side of others and I’m looking at myself through it all. Attaining neutral stance, non reaction is one aspect, understanding through loving kindness is another.

There I be.
Old 25-05-2019, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
But what really gets my goat is those self-service machines which say 'Card Only'. There's like 2 empty machines when I want to pay cash!!! Why the hell would anyone make a machine like that???

Get over it gem!!!😁
Old 25-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Master
I like the emoji use on this thread, especially the Can I just use this one as I don't know when I'll get a chance to use it and I can wait no longer
Old 25-05-2019, 10:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's a good idea to be aware of people around you, and if they only have a few items, let them go first. Makes life better for everyone (by now you'll have realised that it is I that only has a few items) teehee.

He had one pale green bar of soap, in clear plastic too.

Nothing like a good cleanse all round! Hehe

(I used to work in a supermarket as the main checkout operator around the age of 18. I resented my boss saying he wanted me as that person all day every day, because I managed people well) I just wAnted to get out on the floor like everyone else. In hindsight I got to witness the many ways of people and staff from this vantage point)
Old 25-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Ha ha. But in all seriousness, i know what its like being in that service lady's position. I worked at a very busy bank. All the other employees are busy as we were short staff. There is a long line. A customer comes in with 5 or more different transactions to do, the guy at the drive-thru is honking his horn waiting to be taken care of, the phone rings, i have ask a supervisor for an override, etc. Like you're one person trying to do many different things at once. Can't really blame some people for being mad or impatient. Sometimes you get yelled at or talked down to.

Yep. Some of the nice ones may be really mean and some of the ones that come of as rude may be really nice. Sometimes people also change as times goes by. Probably because they are more use to you. This my experience when working with customers.

But i do feel people pick up on each others energies knowingly or unknowingly which can cause that ripple effect mentioned in the OP.

I think peoples reactions, are just what is moving through them, when a group come together as such, it then ripples through what you are moving through in yourself. Then boom it all unfolds as each one is. Our reactions cause reactions of some type. What kind of reaction it causes is really each persons responsibility, but sadly the external perceptions that believe another is their cause, tarnish that idea at times.

It’s very easy on a spiritual forum to move through showing likes and admiration for others in line with what we admire, in line with our agreeable self that aligns to our understanding. It’s much harder to be accepting or even kind to that which rubs us up the wrong way.

Discernment is a handy tool of course, your not going to mess with the wild and aggressive types of your incapable in your reactions. You could fake it, but often those strong reactive types smell those kind of games, so they might provoke you to reveal more of what’s really going on in you. Then your in trouble!!��