Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM
Master

Yes I also remember freedom of speech.
But now you're not allowed to open your mouth about anything .
You do right Native saying your piece.
I used to be so timid to say anything to anyone most of my life , but not any more.
I'm afraid I keep getting into trouble and fall out with people because I can't keep my gob shut .
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
Master
My mouth loves to 'run' and also causes trouble at times. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
My mouth loves to 'run' and also causes trouble at times. LOL!
I have seriously never known you to cause bother with your mouth running away with you !!
At least not here , can't vouch for you in real life !!!
LOL...
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Master
I have a tendency to talk and write on some subjects some do not want to hear.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old Today, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Yes I also remember freedom of speech.
But now you're not allowed to open your mouth about anything.
You're absolutely allowed to say what you want, that freedom hasn't changed at all. What has changed is you'll risk offending a lot more people today than you were years ago.

We can argue the good and bad of that and if society has become too sensitive. But that's a different issue entirely from the assertion that we've somehow have lost our freedom of speech, which we have not.

Unless we're talking hate speech. Yes, we aren't allowed to use some words that society found okay in the past, and doing so can result in being jailed in the more extreme cases. But I would call that common sense, as well as consciousness progress and evolution.
Old Today, 08:08 AM
Master

And yes I agree , we still CAN say what we want but our vocabulary has indeed become somewhat limited.
I spent many decades being afraid to say absolutely anything , afraid to stick up for myself or talk in general because of my sensitivity .
As a result I was severely bullied for several decades because of it.
But not now.
I swear I wish I could go back and deal with all the bullying differently !
But now I just say what I want and I don't care anymore .... Trouble is I've gone the complete other way and it's almost as if my filter has packed it's bags and left .
I even alarm myself sometimes with my own verbal outbursts .
I suppose being a fire sign is a good enough excuse ?....
No ! Thought not LOL....
Although , and in my own defence none of my outbursts are related to racial abuse or abuse towards anyone in a nasty evil way.
I could never ever do that.
So anyway .... You've been warned...
So be careful where I chuck that tin of spam you gave me... Can do a lot of damage on the bonce LOL....( Only joking )...
Old Today, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
So anyway .... You've been warned...
AngelBlue, with me you can say anything you care to. I seldom get offended because I learned a long time ago that people can't hurt me. (Unless they're throwing cans of Spam, in which case I'd duck for sure.) 

I choose whether or not I decide to feel hurt. Feeling offended is on me, not the person saying the so-called offensive thing. This is what overly-sensitive people on what's called the political left do not understand and/or take responsibility for.

At the same time, it's proper and good as a society that we're becoming more aware of potentially offending others with our speech and behaviour. That's taking self-responsibility, which is a spiritual act and which indicates spiritual progression as a collective. Generally speaking, that's what people on the so-called political right don't want to recognize and admit. And so they create overly-reactionary narratives about their freedoms being taken away and so forth.

In all honesty, I preferred the way life was decades ago, back when things were tediously slow and dull like a European football match, waiting forever for something to happen, just one goal, please someone, anyone. Whereas life today is like a frenetic ping-pong game, with everyone swinging away wildly and scoring points left and right (pun intended) or at least trying to. 

Speaking of which, I don't think European footballers are actually trying to score, otherwise matches would end 17-11 and stuff. I mean, have you seen the size of those goals? FIFA is a marketing corp that selects handsome and beautiful runway models, sticks them in skin-tight kits, then pays them to run around on a pitch for 90 minutes, just show off the latest hairstyles, tattoos, shoes, and gear for consumers to rush out and purchase. 

I will say though that the wonderful thing about life today is that I can think any crazy thing I like and then announce it to the world as fact. Although I am spot on about those scores at least plus those GK nets ARE ridiculous. 

Getting ready to duck in 3...2...1... 

Also, J/K!! (just in case)
Old Today, 10:21 AM
Master

....for pities sake man... Stop going around the houses and get yourself on my world cup thread .
And yes , it's an order ( remember the can of spam?)....
Well on this occasion you're lucky ...
I'm keeping in in reserve for the ref that disallows an England goal in the Euros in a few weeks ....
And trust me , during that tournament the air will be blue as I munch on my hot chilli chicken skewers LOL....
Old Today, 04:26 PM
Master

Hi Pod and yes, the press/ media have a lot to answer to .

I can remember quite a few years ago in Leeds , my husband worked front of house security for a big building society head offices .
There were hundreds of staff of all races and religions that worked there and all really really nice people.
Every Christmas, there was a beautiful large Christmas tree in reception adorned with gorgeous blue lights.
But one year they were sent a memo saying no more Christmas trees ever again in reception.
Reason being it may offend the Muslim staff because they did not celebrate Christmas like the Christians do .
Seriously , everyone was up in arms and the Muslim staff were the FIRST to say how upset they were and that they really loved to see the tree.

Red tape gone mad.
Old Today, 04:31 PM
Master

....Do you remember when you went for fish and chips and they were wrapped in newspaper ?..
They were the best .