Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Deactivated Account
The root of all longings

All my life I've wanted to travel to the US, Canada or Alaska and was fortunate to go to New York in the late 90's. It's such a big dream of mine to travel to those places that I'm often moved to tears when I think about it for long! For the last few months I've been dreaming vividly of travelling abroad, usually to America and Canada (where I'd most love to go) but once I dreamed of Australia. I've been abroad to plenty of countries in the past but haven't been since 2001 due to having my son and then serious health issues. These dreams are so wonderful because I want to go so badly it's impossible to express in words, but of course I wake up feeling sad to the point of tears.

Today I gave these dreams some thought because they seemed to be telling me something rather than just a mere expression of my adventurous streak. I decided to ask myself what I really wanted from going to America and Canada, because it goes beyond simply wanting to see those places, although of course I do.

This is what I came up with:

Freedom
Joy
Adventure
Passion
Beauty
Happiness
Love
Growth
Creativity

I looked at my list...and realised all those things are callings of the soul. I don't have to necessarily jump on a plane and go somewhere (although I would and wish I could) but it's about looking inside at what my soul is saying and wants to express through my life no matter where I am. There is a fab quote about beauty being within, but I can't remember what it is.

It struck me today that if we really look deeply at what is underneath our complex deepest desires and needs, under the stuff that matters most to us, it is always for the same thing: expression of the soul. Its that deepest calling for joy and love.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
It struck me today that if we really look deeply at what is underneath our complex deepest desires and needs, under the stuff that matters most to us, it is always for the same thing: expression of the soul. Its that deepest calling for joy and love.
So true Starbuck. I've traveled coast to coast across the North American continent close to a dozen times in my lifetime. Travelling was always something that my soul longed for. I was drawn to the road as it were.

And now that I own a comfy home by the ocean, my soul is drawn to staying put!

Also, I always had a great longing to travel to Scotland and the UK (my grandparents were from there, and I finally got there a few years back). I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the ocean.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Master
Very Awesome post Starbuck............I hear you.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks both of you. It's a real revelation for me because it gets right down to what it is I truly crave.

I've remembered the quote I was referring to:

"Though you may travel the world to find the beautiful, you must have it within you or you will find it not."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 13-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Ciqala

You are an adventurer at heart and in soul, I am the same way, though can't really fulfill my soul calling to explore and travel, sort of stuck in one place... due to financial issues and other things.
Old 13-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Thanks both of you. It's a real revelation for me because it gets right down to what it is I truly crave.

I've remembered the quote I was referring to:

"Though you may travel the world to find the beautiful, you must have it within you or you will find it not."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

So now that you found it within you..............I hope you also get to experience your dreams in every other way possible.
nice quote...........