Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by good day
Dear lady
You have been brainwashed.
You can recite all you want, it does not compare to a good Judeo Christian meditation.
Jesus said :Be still and know". "Judeo Christian meditation".
He said nothing about repeating a rosary.
How is Judeo Christian meditation any different than praying by repeating the rosary? You're doing the same thing Pete has been doing for pages now: you're invalidating StaroftheSea's Christian religious convictions, and asserting your own Christian religious convictions as valid and worthwhile. That's just hypocritical, to say nothing of the attack aspect of it. Let the lady share her opinion in peace for goodness sake.
Old 29-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
How is Judeo Christian meditation any different than praying by repeating the rosary? You're doing the same thing Pete has been doing for pages now: you're invalidating StaroftheSea's Christian religious convictions, and asserting your own Christian religious convictions as valid and worthwhile. That's just hypocritical, to say nothing of the attack aspect of it. Let the lady share her opinion in peace for goodness sake.

Baile,

Thank you. These discourses can have a way of degenerating into attacks on the practices and methods of others. The implication is always that a superior method or practice should be employed. This serves to raise the anxiety level of the ones under attack and also the anxiety level of all of us that witness these exchanges. It leads us to question any discipline that uses a practice of regularity. This same principle can be observed in other areas of life also. Diets, relationships and changing faiths come to mind. People have a way of not staying with any of these long enough to experience the ultimate benefit of what these various practices are intended to achieve.

I am suggesting that any regular discipline can be of great benefit simply by the fact that it introduces a period of calm into the turmoil of daily life. For example: if someone on this list shared that they pray at every meal would someone castigate them for such a mindless practice ? This particular practice, for example, can have the effect of providing a regular moment of "truce" in our communal lives and must surely have an effect on the time, moments and conversation that follow during the meal. I would say that the same effect is observable after other and similar practices.....e.g. reciting the Lord's Prayer......sharing communion or Eucharist, etc. For people that are uncomfortable with such religious practices what would a regular hour every night with the television being off create ? Any practice or discipline that provides a regular time for de-programming from our normal hectic routine is time well spent in my opinion.

At some point we have to learn to trust ourselves. To do otherwise can make us vulnerable to abandoning worthwhile practices for something that is touted by others as being superior and preferable. Leaders of cults understand these dynamics and are able to prey on those who allow themselves to weaken and become vulnerable.
Old 29-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Hmm..Not needed at all - it is a LIVING PRESENCE WITHIN YOU - ALWAYS it is there - not JUST when you pray a rosary,repeat a chaplet or read the good book - ALWAYS - I and the Father ARE one..The mroe you focus on the task - the beads,the chaplets,the droning voice of a priest - the LESS you wil turn inwards - and so,you WILL miss the communion,perhaps entirely - it will be drowned out,swamped by your EXTERNAL focus - precisley OPPOSITE to that which Christ advised..

"prayer" is not just the act of "saying the words" - to be effective,first you must COMMUNE,join,PAY ATTENTION to the Father,the aim and recipient of your communication..And this is to be the LIVING PROCESS,always there,not just special times,church services or "just on sunday" like most poeple do - but an always present internal ONENESS - available with every breath you take..

Instead of repeating the words of others,I will instead attempt to show how this actualy progresses from a "one time event" such as a special time and place for communion such as a church service for instance,or time and place set aside for meditation,quiet internal reflection - I wil show how it is to become ever present,invoked instantly,and not at all a long or drawn out "ritual" endeavour,but the living presence here and now..

I pray CONSTANTLY - yet I dont UTTER A WORD most of the time..And I tell you I SPEAK to the Father as Christ advised,in the secret silence of the internal mind,and HE speaks back,most clearly..You speak of prayers answered by using these "tools" and I tell you clearly,not even needed...If you come to rely on the TOOL so heavily,then what will you do when the tool is not available..?..You will be hindered,just as He warned..

If though you cultivate the living presence,then this communion is ALWAYS available,regardless of what you are doing - even in the midst of turmoil,confusion,calamity,hostilty,STILL the presence will be there..THAT is something that your rosaries and chaplets can NEVER accomplish..

Place your Self in a real world situation - a calamity unfolding right before your eyes - imagine somethng you really are not prepared to deal with,and your only chance to have any hope is to somehow access this Divine wisdom you seek,to come to KNOW what to do about this situation unfolding right NOW..Well look and see - YOU need to stop everything - you need to go fetch your beads and say your 50 hail marys or however many,and your "stations" and recite your chaplets and never ending suplications,begging and pleading for this god to hear you,and all that malarky - and after some hours of this hard effort,you may IF you are successful,get a little glimpse of knowledge,wisdom,understanding HELP - and all the while you do this,your calamity that caused you to pray,has gone on unchecked,and now it maybe TOO LATE anyway,because the problem was IMMEDIATE,and you needed some hours and time to prepare before you was EVEN READY to BEGIN to tackle the problem..

But see in my life - such an immediate situation occurs,and Christ is here with me NOW,literally just a slight shift in awareness,and He is close..IMMEDIATELY,without thinking,it becomes intuitively clear what is needed is always given promptly..And I would dispute the claim that such rosary prayers and the like actually work at all - because see there are numerous numerous examples of MASS PRAYERS,all doing the rituals together even,amplifying the efforts - and yet time and agan NO RESULTS at all..

And I have to compare that to MY life - where I simply acknowldge what is needed,and it dutifuly appeares in my life time and time again..I give examples from personal experience here - see how it actualy works - the very first time I saw this comunion bare external and obvious results - my job - without going in to too much detail,it became absolutely vital that I stay at home,was always needed here,and yet I must also make a living,have an income..One of the frst things I ever surrendered to this communion,was this dilemma - seek within and asked what am I to do - and IMMEDIATELY,the very same day,my life just rearranged itself totally..came out of that meditation fully confident,a plan already known and formed,delivered whole to my mind,results guaranteed - thats wht it FELT like - absolute assurety - like He said DO IT,Iam here..I phoned my boss in total confidence,handed in my notice - then phoned my local newspaper,placed an advert there offering computer repairs for a reasonable price - within a month,I was making more money fom my HOBBY than I had been at my old job,and I was working from home all the while - and my "prayer" had been answered fully,most efficiently,to the bettermment of ALL concerned - thats the key - I can do nothng for my Self,only works for others..

I could offer the example of my dogs,and how they joined my family..A similar thing,it is vital here,to have a guard dog..I live in a rough hood,surrounded by all manner of people who are vry much on the edge of your society..Those who know me from other forums,have heard me share some pretty nasty,scarey things that have happened in my life..Protection is essential,else you will be vitimised here..So,I offer this dilemma also to this communion - how to protect the family when Im not about..The next day,I was literally adopted by a big old german shepherd dog..Found her begigng at the shops,homelss,she latched onto me as soon as she saw me,like she wouldnt leave my side..of course I took her home,and as she adopted us,we adopted her..Again,the dilemma answered fully,for here was this guard dog - and she was very good at it..I soon felt quite safe to leave even the youngsters home alone,they were protected..

That may not seem much to any of you - but to me this issue of protection was VITAL,just as the issue of needing to be home a lot,likewise VITAL - both times,the universe just simply rearranged everything perfectly,imediately - and all I did was express my fears during that internal meditation..It WORKS..

And as this process unfolded,became the livng process,I find I dont even need to go and specifically meditate - for the presence so invoked,is just as I say,ever present,with just a slight shift needed to acknowldge it..I soon found that things were falling into place even BEFORE I realsised what was happenng before I asked or acknowldged,the situation was forseen and taken care of..Again I will use example of my dogs and how they came to me,to try to show the living process..

That first stray - sheba we called her - I mated her with my friends shepherd,kept a male puppy named Max..Born in my arms - would die in my arms - my most dear companion always..So we had him taking the gurad dog role that still remained vital always..He was needed..When he was about ten or so,my family went through a real trying time - and again without details,my wife having a very real spiritual crisis all her own,basically,forgot how to love - became so sad,so depressed,that they ruined everyone around them..Try as I may,I couldnt help at all,and ended up I must part company for the sake of all concerned..

I needed something to get through to her,but nothing was working..She hit rock bottom,booze,drugs,attempts at suicide..well listen to prayer at work - I asked in my way for the Father,just take care of it,return her to how she had been,give her the love she needed that I was unable at that time to provide.Again,immediately,the next day,I almost ran over a gorgeous little spaniel puppy..Like 6 weeks old..Turned out actually that some junkies had stolen him,was going to sell him for drugs no doubt - but it just so happened,he ran out right in front of me..I knew the men,asked how they had the pup - didnt like thier answers,so took him home with me..I couldnt believe nobody claimed him..Police had no records of a stolen pup,though he is pedigree English springer,perhaps a £400 pet..

This dog,Scampy,absolutely was the perfect tonic for my wife..The bond was immdeiate and complete..Within weeks,she began to open herself again,and pretty soon had handle on her troubles..Scampy gives his love freely,perfectly,and you have no option but to love him back - exactly just what was needed - the universe yet again rearranged by my simple request for aid for another..Indeed,so affective was this,that my wife of her own accord,started to take Scamp to work with her,old folks home where she is a carer..She realised the affect he had had on her and knew it would benefit the residents..Perfect result to a devastating situation,answered immediately by one simple heartfelt acknowledgement..

Things like this,make it becme a livng process..I look back,I see definate foot steps on the path - until now,my guide is here with me always..In their turn,Max and Scampy grew side by side,and as Max got older,he couldnt keep up with the youngster..One day,running flat out playing,he fell very awkward,so severe I thought he had broke his spine he made such a god awful noise..Running to him,I ws very fearful I would have to end his suffering there and then,full yprepared I may have to kill him,and I actualy shouted at the sky "NO,not like this !! " - immediately I was calm,and it really did feel like someone was actually there - I even stopped running,turned around completly WHAT was this..?..Very tangeable..

Nobody..So I look at Max,and hes getting up shaking,trembling violently - but after a minute,he seems ok,can walk..The presence is fading a bit now,but out loud I simply said "Thanks mate..When its his time,he is to die at home,in peace,quietly,for that is what he deserves"..I smiled as I said it,truly thankful,truly comforted by this presence growing ever more real..Again out loud I said "this means of course,I will need anew guard dog"..( Scamp is not a gurard dog,he is the clown of the house bringing joy)..

May seem like hocus pocus to some of you here - but watch..About a month later,my niece,living in a high rise block,takes on a young rottweiler puppy..Soon becomes very clear she can t cope in a flat,2 kids big boisterous puppy - so its Uncle Pete,can you find a home for Saha please..Of ocurse I say,and I take her in..So for a while I got the three dogs,and it seems to me now,the universe,my Father ,is providing all thes things I vitally need,even before I knew I need them..

A year or so later,just as Sasha is really coming into her own,gaining her confidence and is fast becoming "top dog",Max dies,and my prayer from before was granted completly..We went out for a walk,all of us,an hour or so,no signs anything wrong..We go home,he feeds,drinks,has a little play with the other two,then they all lay down for a sleep - perfectly normal..A while later,little Scamp comes in,gets my attention,so I follow him out,to find Max,barely alive..No discomfirt it seems,but his breathng is laboured,very slow,and I cant quite rouse him..I knew what was happening - just knew it,clearly recalled my request..Took his head in my lap,he opened his eyes a bit,I thanked him,said goodbye,see you soon,and let him go - very peaceful,very quiet,just as I asked..Perfect..

The LIVING PROCESS - not stopping to make a contact first - not relying on tools or accessores - it comes from WITHIN...

A final proof I will share here - and a bold and daring claim..I once,using this same method of communion and nothing more,gave LIFE itself and perfect health,to a near dead kitten..The mother got cat flu,and of a whole litter of new born kittens,perhaps 4 weeks old,they all caught it - died most distressingly one after the other.Broke our hearts..And see this time was a dreadful year..Max passed,we missed him severly..My wifes mother died of cancer,and this broke her again almost..Then to top it all,on Xmas eve,my nephew hung himself,suicide,after years of xoming to terms with a near death experience,he ended his life to go back Home..Terrible disatrous year - even I was having doubts,great confusion...

And then these kittens - just too much to take..My wife nursed them though we knew the outtcome already..Always had cats,seen flu devastate litters before,too young for a vet to help..NOT this time though..I was not having any more death around me - enough !!..I took the last kitten from my sobbing wfie,begging me if my god is real make him help..I was unsure,but took him,fuly expectig just to ease HER suffering,so the kitten would die with me instead of her..I fully expected him to die soon,couldnt even lift his head...So I take him,usher my wife out..I was meditating,she disturbed me,barged in,demanded I try this..As I say,unsure,doubtful even - I just held him and again relaxed into my communion..Honestly,I just thought to ease HER mind,give HER relief,thought that was al I was capable of..

No sooner did I relax though - began to feel that Kundalini stirring as ALWAYS do - only it was differnent..In my hands,it felt like strong forceful waves..I thought it was the kitten squirming,so I break out and look,but no - still near lifeless body,no signs of anyting...This happened a fw times - each time,the energy was very insistant,and the movment in my hand felt like the kitten - but I check,no movement,no nothing,near dead still...So anyway,I must ahve fell asleep,for some hours later,i was rudely roused by this little ball of fur,FULL OF LIFE - I mean ABSOLUTLEY - you would never beieve it wa the same kitten frm just a few hours before nearly dead..we seen this time and agan - young kittens get flu,they die,invariably,they die..The whole litter died,except this one kiten.There he was,miracuously,demanding food immediately,playing,purring,acting like never even been ill at all..I called him Leo,lionheart for sure..

For a while I wouldnt even admit to that event..My wife told everyone of course - look what Pete did - but for me,I didnt want to take that credit..I couldnt take credit directly,because I never INTENDED to heal the kitten - I merely intended to EASE SUFFERING for ALL concerned..My Father once agan,immediately bought about the perfect outcome,fullfilled the needs of the many,even when I didnt ask for it or expect it,and even when I didnt realise it was possible..My MORTAL mind didnt realise that - but deep nside that communion,all thngs are possible..My energy - Kundalini - quite literally,nurtured and gave sustanance to ,that near dead kitten,and I know for sure now,can state it confidently now that I know my Self,without my intervention,that kitten would have died as his siblings did..

To tell me then that this internal communion is wrong evil or nefarious - or to tell me that Kundalinin is bogus,or even somehow "evil" - and to tell me that we MUST use such tools you decribe,roasries,chaplets and the rest - all these things go directly against my DIRECT EXPERIENCE...I KNOW it works,because I live the process,can see it very clearly now...

I have to ask - Do you hear of CHRIST carrying beads..?..NO...Do you hear of Him making endless repeated statements..?..NO..And if I add that to my own living experiences,then I can see your religion is in error..It doesnt seem to work at all out in the public arena - the church congregation pray for all manner of requests that go totally unheeded - and yet here Iam,never go to yur churchs at al,shun them comletly,speaking to Christ like Hes my mate,literally as if we are brothers,equals,and that level of acceptance brings to me,tangeable and immediate results..Enough said really..I will jus close by sayng ACCEPTANCE is the key - I and the Father are ONE - accept it and allow it,the more we do this,the easier it gets,the more tangeable it all becomes..Prayer works,but first you must commune directly - no priest,no tool,no aid,no intermediary - living process - Kingdom within - always accessable..Follow always Christs advise,see such tangeable results in your own lives..

EDIT ; Baile - you could hardly say I advocate ANY religous view at all - a spiritual view that will include all religious understanding - yes,I would admit to that - but to say it is akin to what comes before,as in a structured religon or doctrine,is somewhat of an error I feel..Heres why..

Molearner; "These discourses can have a way of degenerating into attacks on the practices and methods of others. The implication is always that a superior method or practice should be employed."

Ok - but do you not see - this is PRECISLELY WHAT CHRIST ACTUALLY DID !!!

I insist no more strongly,than HE HIMSELF DID - told us ,and them to ther faces,that their methods and religous practices were for social standing,egoic concerns,power,status in the mortal world, and had nothing to do with communing with the Father..I woud like you all to share the absolute assurety that I feel,the safety of it,the comfort of it - as I know such experiences bring a base joy to life,that many will not find elsewhere..Im not INSISTING or FORCING,such as a church would do - hence I dont think its religious at all what I do - Im just offering alternatives,explanations for the things others either dont understand,or refuse to reveal for thir own agendas..I have no agenda,iI guess Im saying,except to ALLOW you all,to explore this for YOUR SELF,by showing you how it comes about..
Old 29-07-2014, 05:25 PM
good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaroftheSea
Dear GD,

No brainwashing in relation to myself - Jesus and my Heavenly Mother Mary have 'answered' each and every Holy Rosary that I personally have prayed from my heart, while focussing on Jesus' Stations of His Cross and His Passion for the past 3 years daily in which Our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, speaks to my heart daily x 2 years GD.

In relation to millions of other people around the world of whom pray The Holy Rosary - and have prayed The Holy Rosary - the testimonies of having had all of their prayers answered - far too many to post! Every person I have met of whom has prayed The Holy Rosary devoutly and from their heart while focussing on Jesus - have all of their causes including world causes - answered by Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God.

"Trust in Jesus and our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God" and you, too, may have all of your prayers answered GD.

Kindest wishes

You are too religious lady.

Good luck.
Old 29-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaroftheSea
Dear GD,

No brainwashing in relation to myself - Jesus and my Heavenly Mother Mary have 'answered' each and every Holy Rosary that I personally have prayed from my heart, while focussing on Jesus' Stations of His Cross and His Passion for the past 3 years daily in which Our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, speaks to my heart daily x 2 years GD.

In relation to millions of other people around the world of whom pray The Holy Rosary - and have prayed The Holy Rosary - the testimonies of having had all of their prayers answered - far too many to post! Every person I have met of whom has prayed The Holy Rosary devoutly and from their heart while focussing on Jesus - have all of their causes including world causes - answered by Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God.

"Trust in Jesus and our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God" and you, too, may have all of your prayers answered GD.

Kindest wishes

Star, I don't mean any harm by this email but I have a few questions and statements..

I don't know that I trust and believe all that you do, and yet my prayers have been answered. I also don't recite any certian prayer, still they are answered.

On the flip side - you mention that All of my prayers will be answered if I do the above... but that seems a little crazy, how can my will be done, if God's will is to be done?
I can't tell you how many times I am thankful for unanswered prayers.
Just curious.
Old 29-07-2014, 09:28 PM
good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

I spoke the truth
You see it as attack, I don't.
You are welcome to your opinion.
If something can be invalidated, it's not right.
the mind must be still, not filled with our repititions. We get in the way of God. Get it?
"Be still and know" says it all.
Don't you read your bible? Or do you pick and choose?
Old 29-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Why is it so many of these 'religious' threads end up like this ?

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Members are also advised to be polite to other members at all times
Old 29-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Experiencer
Actually, when reading the Bible, I DO pick and choose. Quite a bit..
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 30-07-2014, 02:21 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by good day
I spoke the truth
You see it as attack, I don't.
You are welcome to your opinion.
If something can be invalidated, it's not right.
the mind must be still, not filled with our repititions. We get in the way of God. Get it?
"Be still and know" says it all.
Don't you read your bible? Or do you pick and choose?

good day......to you also :)

Sounds like you read the Bible also....i.e. "Be still and know".........well some of us also read the Bible. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17......."Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

Some could justifiably interpret "pray without ceasing" to allow for prayers of repetition.
Old 30-07-2014, 03:39 AM
good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Star, I don't mean any harm by this email but I have a few questions and statements..

I don't know that I trust and believe all that you do, and yet my prayers have been answered. I also don't recite any certian prayer, still they are answered.

On the flip side - you mention that All of my prayers will be answered if I do the above... but that seems a little crazy, how can my will be done, if God's will is to be done?
I can't tell you how many times I am thankful for unanswered prayers.
Just curious.

You are right It is Gods will be done.