Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Master
Swimming and yoga is all I do cardiovascular and muscle strengthening for both as well as meditative as for yoga flexibility to and very strengthening and no more back pain since yoga yay
Old 21-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Distortedsoundz

I do a lot of running,weight training and MMA training and that keeps me in good shape. I wonder why so many people believe that you can be healthy without being active? For centuries mankind has been active and now suddenly it has come almost to a screeching halt. We are the only inhabitants on this planet that have extra fat and body weight for nothing. (Aside from housepets that are fed a poor diet.) Fat animals in the wild need the extra padding for survival purposes. Humans have it to just sit there. Not good!
Old 21-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenMindedFellow
Personally I'm just so in touch with mind over body that any kind of exercise needs to be a reaction to a stimulus, like dancing to music, trying to impress a girl or running away from danger. I love watching sport but playing it... I just think it's a drag. I guess I'm just not really competitive. Same goes for yoga too unfortunately... find it really boring.

Not too open minded about yoga!

I was fairly closed about Yoga too until I tried it during my P90X days (I only lasted a month). Yoga ROCKS! It helps with focusing the mind and body into one unit. Breath with the motion... AANNDD you sweat like crazy.

That being said, I have to agree that exercise and keeping the body in good physical condition helps with the spiritual aspect as well. WmBuzz71 said it in his post .. inner and outer balance.

Right now I am in a program called Insanity: Asylum and I am in the second round of it. It's one of the toughest, most rewarding programs I have ever done. I have to keep pushing play every day so I can A) Keep up with my kids B) Tone my body and spirit together C) stay fit for longer backpacking trips and D) Just live a healthier life. I am prone to fits of lackadaisical attitude and can easily fall into the rut of being a sofa urchin. Watch too much TV (even though I don't have cable) eat too much junk food and essentially waste my shell away.

I am not letting that happen to me again... ever... Exercise is key to that mentality.
Old 27-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Master
I got a bit bored going to the gym, so i took up belly dancing and zumba, which i really enjoyed and loved it.

Love Golden Angel
Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Skins_Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I hear what you're saying, do a variety of things.
Spiritlite.

I think that's what I'm going to aspire too now. I tried some yoga yesterday for the first time in a while and I couldn't myself totally into it.
Old 29-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Godwin

Physical activity prevent you from diseases, help in weight losand weight managment and better sleep. Exercise make you happier and more relaxed than you were before you worked out. Regular physical activity can even help prevent depression and high blood pressure. Exercise help in burn calories. The more intense the workout, the more calories you burn, and make easier to keep your weight under control.
Old 20-03-2012, 08:32 PM
freeflyj

Michael its impossible to rate your workout without your goals in relation to you current weight and level of fitness.