Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 20-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Master
Ostara

Today sees the Spring Equinox, the celebration of spring and growing light. In The Wheel, Ostara is to the East. The sun rises in the East, it is sunrise and gestation, the beginning of growth, a time of green youth.
The name comes to us from the Saxon goddess, Eostre, and was "stolen" by the christian church as Easter.
Time to be out among Nature and admire the Spring showing of flowers !
Old 20-03-2011, 10:04 AM
abikisses

Thank you for that Norseman.

I am teaching my daughter the parable of Eostre as we speak and how it relates to modern day Easter...

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 27-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Ascender

Very interesting! I wish I could go out and enjoy the flowers but sadly here in Chicago it's still winter!
Old 28-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Master
Thankyou it still feels like winter here...SUCKS.
Spiritlite.
Old 28-03-2011, 04:45 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

I can relate to some here--as the Wheel-of-the-Year has turned and the days begin to lengthen--it is still Winter in my heart.

For the first time in 12 years--I did not plant my Seed at Ostara--because I am in between homes and still looking for a place to plant it.

Last Ostara I went off of my property (for the first time) and planted my Seed in the Forest--because I knew my property would sell before the close of the Wheel (at Samhain).

I thought that I would be purchasing the property where I have been living for the past 7 months--however--it has proven to be a weigh station (instead). I may (in fact) have found my new place this morning--wish me well!

In any case--I know that I will pack away my Yuletide table coverings and knick-knacks as I pack my boxes and move to the place where I will plant the Seed for this Wheel--better late than never...I will know when the time feels right--until then I guess I will continue to hover in my current holding pattern.

I think it must be similar to the way you feel up North--waiting for the inevitable thaw of Winter's chill...

Everything happens in its own time and not always according to our schedule.

Peace and Love on your path to the Spring Garden...

Blessed be...
Old 30-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Guthee

winter just ended recently and it rained on ostra for us :)
Old 19-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Athear

thank you for that norseman. very beautiful. sadly here we are busy going into winter.