Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 17-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Master
Dream hotel on holiday, driving down road and drunk man

We was in a hotel together, Matt and I. Getting ready to go out for the evening. I could see a hotel room at the start of the hotel opposite us, it went round in a square shape with an open middle. I could see the bed was already made in the hotel across the courtyard, ours wasn't but I said to Matt we are near the end they will probably do our room while we are out for dinner. We got in our car and was driving along a long windy road with trees making a tunnel shape. There was a man in the road that was drunk or something, he was standing there swaying and moving his arms around or they would hang at his side. When we was further away I took a picture of him then he started to try and catch up to us as he didn't want me to take a picture.
Old 18-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Do you drink or use controlled substances often? Heavy partying can be a sign of using those things to escape our emotional issues. You are in a temporary phase (hotel) moving away from living in a confined box creating a new state of being. The bed we lay in is the consequences of our actions in life. They may be a bit messy right now from being a sleep about things but you are awake now, moving forward through the confusion of your life (forest) but you may still gravitate towards wanting to self medicate to feel better. This need not involve using drugs or alcohol but doing things to numb yourself to bad feelings. This part of you does that to protect you from feeling bad and it doesn't want to be found out because that makes you vulnerable. But you are ready to heal this part of you, allow yourself to feel all your feelings and create a new way of life. You are on the way just pay attention to the times you want to avoid the difficult moments in life and redirect yourself back to the issue at hand so you can heal as opposed to avoid the things that are keeping you trapped.

Just an example, when I was working through my intense feelings, I would often find when I was really upset my mind would gravitate to other people and their issues. I use to use helping others on forums like these as a way to distract myself and get away from my bad feelings. I had to remind myself to keep the focus on me. Other forms of distraction are watching a lot of tv, eating, reading, getting wrapped up in work. Just try and contemplate on the things you may do to help cope with and avoid bad feelings. Try to break theses patterns and embrace all of life. The good and bad and you will be able to heal the bad in the moment as opposed to burying it and bringing it with you which becomes the root of our fears and defensiveness towards the world.
Old 18-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Master
I use cannabis everyday, although I want to give up, I feel pain inside and stress about my life and want to block it out. I used to feel like I needed it otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep, but now I've noticed I don't need it, but I choose it to block things out. I also eat lots especially sugary and sweet things, and I read lots to distract myself. I just feel if I let what I feel take over, I would be a mess and I don't know how I wouldn't be so depressed or distraught, that I would be able to get up and go to work etc. Matt said to me last night, why do I still have issues with my family, and I cant really explain it but its just how I feel around them. He says just let go and live your life but there is something that still bothers me. When I feel like this or worry in general I worry what my life is will destruct. For example if I cried loads and didn't get out of bed for the weekend, Id be worried that Matt gets affected by me not being o.k, and what my neighbours would think etc, so I hold it together. I cant let it all out as I feel it would damage my life. I have been drinking alcohol the last two times I went out with people as otherwise I am such a recluse and not confident to speak, once with family and once with work. Ive had 5 bottles of beer a time tops, but maybe it relates to that too. So really, as you've said to me before, I just need to confront these feelings otherwise it will keep me trapped. Thank you Michelle, I wasn't sure what the dream meant but I can see it now, thank you!
Old 18-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Master
I just come across this online....

"Your consciousness is expanding, you feel radiant, and then suddenly, you become afraid. As you raise your essence into the higher planes, your physical world appears to be falling apart. When that happens, your “fear of survival” is activated, and your consciousness drops. You are where your attention is. If you wish to consciously make this transition into the fifth dimension, you will have to release anything that loses form in your life as your consciousness rises. Remember you will not “Die” in any way. Every part of you that seems to disappear is actually absorbed into your higher vibration. Everyone on the third dimension has the same challenge. Facing FEAR! The forms of fear change with each person, but the lesson is the same. Keep your consciousness above fear and in Love!"

Answers my question and dream lol :)
Old 18-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Be assured you are doing great and making progress. Working through finding yourself in a state of feeling threatened all the time is no easy feat to overcome. If we are use to hiding and suppressing our emotions and feelings they can build into a monster that feels threatening in itself. There is also the likelihood that you may have been born with stronger than normal emotions. They feel strong and as if they will overwhelm or otherwise destroy us. There may be some misguided beliefs about yourself that hurt and feeling those thoughts is painfully so we do everything in our power to avoid them.

The part of us doing this to protect us doesn't want to be found out. It serves us to suppress and deny our feelings. They are very difficult to confront so There is no need to rush through any of this. Becoming aware of our avoidance tactics is a first step. Now that you are aware you can try and catch yourself doing it and ask yourself what you are trying to avoid. You are stronger now but may still have a few things you need to sort out first like worrying about upsetting others when you are emotional. That isn't your problem but I can appreciate keeping it secret from the world. People could see and treat us differently so see if you can find a safe place to express and cry by yourself even if that means taking a drive on your own.

I will admit I struggled with my emotions much like you. I did everything I could to deny and suppress the feelings because it honestly felt like death to me. I was terrified of my emotions and was an anxious mess because of it. When they finally burst forth and I could no longer hold them in it was pretty scary. I wasn't use to having emotional meltdowns but in the process I learned I could survive them. They are intense but they do pass. Expressing was cathartic and liberating. I will also admit I did this in private. My life conspired to give me a lot of privacy when I needed it most but melting down in the car worked well too. Of course it's important to be safe if you are actually driving but the point is that emotions can be intense. We can feel like we will lose physical contol of ourselves if we let them out but odds are you have more restraint than you realize. Just because we feel something doesn't mean we have to act on it. But we do need to feel it to confront and heal the reasons behind the emotions showing up.

I would say for now just try and contemplate ways to confront and break the habit of self medicating. Ask yourself what are you trying to hide from and see what comes back. It really isn't advisable to push the river with something like this. When the time is right and you are ready you will begin to express your feelings. It may be the last step in the process (last room to get tidied up). For now just focus on exploring the habit of self medicating. The rest will resolve in time.
Old 18-07-2018, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
I just come across this online....

"Your consciousness is expanding, you feel radiant, and then suddenly, you become afraid. As you raise your essence into the higher planes, your physical world appears to be falling apart. When that happens, your “fear of survival” is activated, and your consciousness drops. You are where your attention is. If you wish to consciously make this transition into the fifth dimension, you will have to release anything that loses form in your life as your consciousness rises. Remember you will not “Die” in any way. Every part of you that seems to disappear is actually absorbed into your higher vibration. Everyone on the third dimension has the same challenge. Facing FEAR! The forms of fear change with each person, but the lesson is the same. Keep your consciousness above fear and in Love!"

Answers my question and dream lol :)
very lovely inspirational quote and totally true. Your early environment felt threatening. This causes all sorts of fear responses that become learned habit. You are breaking free from this. It feels like death but is actually a rebirth. You are honestly doing great
Old 18-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Master
Thank you Michelle sounds like a plan
Old 19-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Master
I dreamt last night that Matt and I were in our flat going about our day. I was walking around cleaning and tidying up and Matt was sitting down on his phone. My neighbour downstairs was moaning loudly about us, she kept banging things on purpose and viciously ranting about us so we could hear. I was in the hallway near the back door and I could see her in the garden with the hump and banging around plant pots full of soil. I looked at Matt and he was looking at me with confusion and asked if she was doing that towards us and I said yeah I think so.

Is this dream a continuation of my concerns of neighbours hearing me if I got emotional? I looked it up and it said online hearing someone moaning means I have to make a decision of my direction otherwise enemies will get the upper hand :/
Old 19-07-2018, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Well, I could see it being about your worry over your neighbor hearing you be upset but I suspect the neighbor may represent your subconscious upset looking to be heard. it wants to make noise about the mess in your mental garden but you won't be able to hear what it is saying if you self medicate yourself. No one wants to feel bad but if we don't allow the bad feelings to be expressed what is behind them stays with us. I'm not suggesting to start having public emotional meltdowns but to try and find a safe private space for you to allow them.

I do understand the need to suppress and deny them. I felt a darkness haunting me that I felt I had to run from. After I became severely depressed I couldn't hold back that darkness. It just started coming out in a frenzy and though I allowed it expression I did everything in my power to keep it private. I know how the world perceives these kinds of things and it would have wound me up in a mental ward or in the minimum losing my job and the respect of the people in my life. But the only way I have been able to start liberating myself from that darkness is by allowing the feelings a voice without judgment on my part. I was aware others might judge but I had to be honest with myself no matter what it was and not worry about whether it was right or wrong to feel what I did. it was my honest feelings whether I liked them or not and it was what I needed to deal with. Humans do judge so I can understand you not wanting to express in public but it does sound like some subconscious upset is clamoring to be heard by you. No one else has to know, not even Matt. Just be honest with yourself.
Old 19-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Master
I see, yes I start to hear a lot of mental chatter in the evenings or when I have enough time to relax instead of rushing to get ready for work etc and then I feel a dark feeling and that is why I self medicate. But I see the importance in what you are saying. Ive not really known how to deal with this safely, as you say without having public meltdowns and loosing relationships or my job. But luckily I have the day off work tomorrow so I will focus on this and look to make some progress at least. Ive been holding in tears of stress the last week so I will let them out tomorrow if that's where it takes me. When I medicate, I hear in my head things like "Well now you cant sort that out" or "now you cant look at this issue" lol so I know I do that. I will be honest with myself. Thank you Michelle.