Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-09-2023, 05:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Scientific evidence wouldn't have been available in Noahs time, incest/interbreeding causes severe health problems for children born under those circumstances....
I was thinking if all animals (and humans) died except for the pairs on noahs ark, doesn't that mean they would all suffer from inbreeding? Say all cows died except one pair... their offspring would have to mate with each other as there would be no others. It's an interesting story. I guess anything that lived in the oceans would have survived the flood and flying things too. Things like ants... well they would need to get on the ark. But it's not really a pair, one has to be a queen. I saw a queen ant in my living room today. Weirdest thing ever. Like why was it in my house? I was guessing they live in my attic. I opened the sliding glass door and watched the queen fly away.
Old 14-09-2023, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I was thinking if all animals (and humans) died except for the pairs on noahs ark, doesn't that mean they would all suffer from inbreeding? Say all cows died except one pair... their offspring would have to mate with each other as there would be no others. It's an interesting story
It certainly is an interesting 'story'. I feel sympathy for the one's on the Ark who had to do ' the mucking out' each morning after the thousands of Animals
Old 14-09-2023, 05:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Human Genome 'claims' all the "races" are at least 99.9% the same. There was no one source for each race.
In real life that's true, I'm referring to the 'story' explanation....
I remember reading Noahs Son's were three different colours, one white, one black and the other yellow...
Old 15-09-2023, 01:23 AM
Experiencer

[quote=Maisy]I was thinking if all animals (and humans) died except for the pairs on noahs ark, doesn't that mean they would all suffer from inbreeding? ]
Everything was closer to perfection back then. It started that way in the beginning. Adam and Eve had children, those children had to marry each other to have offspring and the life cycle continued on. Eventually everything moved far away from perfection.
That means every mortal on earth is related to one another somewhere along the line.
Old 15-09-2023, 08:03 AM
Master
[quote=keiw1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I was thinking if all animals (and humans) died except for the pairs on noahs ark, doesn't that mean they would all suffer from inbreeding?

That means every mortal on earth is related to one another somewhere along the line.
And yet we are all 'unique' except for identical twins
Old 16-09-2023, 01:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
In real life that's true, I'm referring to the 'story' explanation....
I remember reading Noahs Son's were three different colours, one white, one black and the other yellow...

Was that from the Bible?

Where did 'red' come from?

What 'color' was Noah? And that of his wife?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-10-2023, 03:38 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Man! Does suffering ever go out the window..[i].Cast your cares...Give him your burdens - Do not worry - Be anxious for nothing

Amen to that.

One of the most powerful lines for me is "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do" - Can you imagine... To have so much love for the people who are literally murdering you, that you yell out a prayer of forgiveness...

Sounds like the words of someone who had already transcended death, even before he died :) hmmm
Old 19-10-2023, 03:49 AM
Ascender
Who am I? I feel connected to my walk in soul.
Old 19-10-2023, 05:37 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX81452

One of the most powerful lines for me is "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do" -

For me this helps to define sin……sin is ignorance…..our ego attempts to tell us that all sin is intentional….in our minds we like to believe that we are without sin…..
Old 19-10-2023, 10:18 PM
Master

keeping ourselves in the dark goes a long way towards ignorance, and our ability to believe the best of ourselves even though it is unwarranted...