Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-02-2021, 04:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
We also know that the OT was composed during the Babylonian captivity. Is it possible then that the law of Moses was written by the "scribes and pharasees", and mixed with the prophecies of Christ and other religious texts, so as to create, in effect, "Babylon the Great"?

When you write "We", I know what you mean but I do not think most of the others know. I highly suspect the first 5 books and probably others were written during the Babylonian captivity. This breaks against the image that Moses wrote those books. If true, it means the Law came into existence during the Babylon Captivity. If you look at the Books of the Kings, the Law does not appear to have been implemented which adds more mystery to the subject.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 11-02-2021, 07:04 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When you write "We", I know what you mean but I do not think most of the others know. I highly suspect the first 5 books and probably others were written during the Babylonian captivity. This breaks against the image that Moses wrote those books. If true, it means the Law came into existence during the Babylon Captivity. If you look at the Books of the Kings, the Law does not appear to have been implemented which adds more mystery to the subject.

Obviously Moses didn't write the torah. Torah and many of the other books actually have very distinct sources from different regions, why they are conflicting at times. I'm not sure if the torah was written in Babylon having been oral before that, or just composed/put together there. But something along those lines.
Old 11-02-2021, 07:18 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Leaving the joking aside ...

As I understand it, those who are here need to be here.

If you subscribe to reincarnation: "souls" keep coming here until they don't need to anymore.

If you don't accept reincarnation: "souls" are born ignorant, and need to progress here; obviously when they pass on, "souls" aren't all at the same level of progress (hence heaven and hell constructs).

If everything were ideal here, what would happen to those "souls" that need to reincarnate, or to the newcomers? Another world would need be created for them to help them progress.

To me, it seems that this "soul" educational environment does pretty much what is supposed to do. I believe that this is like the "climate change" debate. We think that we're more than we are, both with our influence, and with our ability to steer "souls" ' education.

I think that the human society's influence has an overwhelming hypnotic effect on the "souls" making them forget why they are here, and what they are supposed to do.

I have been thinking about the "necessity" of life recently. One issue is that life is just waaaay off. You can be depressed and miserable as hell, and then you can be somewhat happy. I mean the spectrum of emotion is kind of insane. But then you can learn to navigate through that like a captain on a ship. But to do that you need to find the steering wheel and know where to set course. That part is very hard but that is ultimately where I find the "necessity" of it all. Ultimately this world prepares one to set course like that in the sea of emotion, and unless the individual learns this well enough he will not be fit for the next world.