Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 08-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Lunacie

Oooh, more lovely welcomes.

Thank you nightowl, Raewynn, Athear, and Tinks.

I've only had two church visitations since moving to this house 8 years ago, although there have been some phamplets left in the door when I wasn't home. One older man really annoyed me because he wouldn't take no for an answer. He asked me to attend their church, I said "No thank you, I have my own "church"." But he was insisting that his church was where I needed to be on Sunday morning. I finally said "No thank you" very firmly one last time and shut the door in his face. Was that rude? I don't think so, I think having him come knocking on my door without asking if I was busy and disrespecting my sincere answer that HE was being rude. "And ye shall reap what ye sow" eh?

I've done the same thing to guys who were trying to get me to subscribe to the local newspaper and wouldn't take no for an answer. All you can do is close the door firmly in their faces.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Prokopton

Hi Lunacie,

Welcome. I loved your thread title, loved your intro, love your name, it's all working for you.

I'd be really good at getting rid of annoying Christian callers, but the trouble is ours are very polite.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Lunacie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
Hi Lunacie,

Welcome. I loved your thread title, loved your intro, love your name, it's all working for you.

I'd be really good at getting rid of annoying Christian callers, but the trouble is ours are very polite.

Thanks for the kind words.

Our door-to-door religion salesmen have actually been polite, they're just pushy and won't take "no" for an answer. I have always had a personal dislike of buying things from someone who comes to my door. If I want to buy something, I will go and look for it, comparison shop, that kind of thing. I've done my comparison shopping and have chosen the right religion for me. I've even, from time to time, considered trading it in on something different, but so far, I haven't found anything I want to trade it for.

So - now you have me curious - what exactly would you do to get rid of door-to-door salesmen (of religion or anything)? I don't get these salesmen very often, but it really seems to upset them when I say "no" and a couple have made me wonder if they would return with backup forces, or do something unwelcome to my house or yard or car. They seriously creeped me out that much.

No - they weren't from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, but that's what their energies felt like, ya know?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Master
just close the door~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 08-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
No - they weren't from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, but that's what their energies felt like, ya know?

Youch.

I'm not sure what I'd do, but when I let my reins go something interesting will happen. :)

I'm in London UK, and here we don't really get pushy Christians or other religions. Pushy salesmen I get, and I think my tip is basically: silence interleaved with nonsense. Complete dead silence tends make a sales pitch fall flat. Fill the air with a vibe of maleficent Saturnine lead, or look at them as if what they are saying is such drivel that you can't even begin to speak about it with them. Or spout nonsense. "Funnily my daughter is a vacuum cleaner. No I mean she actually is one." I once told a window salesmen I needed 800 new windows by nightfall. There's nothing they can do, they have no training for this. :) And then I go back to silence again.

Would this work on the Westboro people though? That I don't know. They are a breed apart.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Tranquil One

Greetings Lady of the Moon,
Welcome, you have your work cut out for you with that family of yours!!! Wonderful!!!
Blessings and Love
Old 09-05-2011, 07:15 AM
eagleyemonkey

Hello Lunacie,
I am new too and can tell you that you will find this a very friendly place with very kind and sharing people.
I don't know what a Crone is. I am very interested if you would like to let me know. And it certainly does not offend me - goddess bless!! In fact it has got me really wanting to know more.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Lunacie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
just close the door~!

Yep, that's what I do. I just tell them "no thanks" first. Then - I close the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
Youch.

I'm not sure what I'd do, but when I let my reins go something interesting will happen. :)

I'm in London UK, and here we don't really get pushy Christians or other religions. Pushy salesmen I get, and I think my tip is basically: silence interleaved with nonsense. Complete dead silence tends make a sales pitch fall flat. Fill the air with a vibe of maleficent Saturnine lead, or look at them as if what they are saying is such drivel that you can't even begin to speak about it with them. Or spout nonsense. "Funnily my daughter is a vacuum cleaner. No I mean she actually is one." I once told a window salesmen I needed 800 new windows by nightfall. There's nothing they can do, they have no training for this. :) And then I go back to silence again.

Would this work on the Westboro people though? That I don't know. They are a breed apart.

I don't know if I could carry that off, but I love the concept and would love to see/hear you in action. If I can remember - I will try it next time. Hm ... let's see ... "I publish my own newspaper - I can offer you a subscription for only $50,000 for a one year subscription. Let me get my subscription pad, I'll be right back!" And THEN cloe the door. Yep, I like it!

Or "You want to know if I've found Jesus? Is he hiding somewhere? Behind the sofa? In the closet? I don't know why he'd be hiding in my house but I'll go check all those hiding spots. Thanks for warning me!" And THEN close the door. Yep, I like it!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Prokopton

You're a natural. You're better than me already. Give me your best stoney silence. :)
Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Master
Afraid I am brutally rude to cold-callers - I find that basic Anglo-Saxon in a broad Northern accent gets then running.

[better late than never] Hiya Lunacie