Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-11-2011, 04:05 AM
Benny Means

Shielding meditations?

I'm told i need to build/gain some form of shield. And i'm also told there's some form of meditation for this.

Bare with me i'm very new to all this.
Old 17-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Maiya

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Meditation can benefit us in many ways. It allows us to connect with our inner selves and discover strength and power we never knew we had.
Old 17-11-2011, 05:39 AM
mattie

Is Shielding Protection From Negative Energies?

If you’re referring to shielding your self against negative energies, this may be about surrounding your self w/ white light. This is OK to establish a firm sense of your own energies & your energetic sovereignty, but as a protective device I would suggest going straight to realizing that you have the authority to vet any negative energies you encounter.
Old 17-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Benny Means

This might be hard to explain. But when i walk into a room, there seems to be so much differant energy it hard for me to focus.

A friend told me their might be some kind of meditation or ritual that might help me block what ever it is.

does any of this make sense?
Old 17-11-2011, 10:19 AM
JimmyTheTulip

From what I've learned you can try the white light as mattie mentioned. You can also ask your spirit guides for help in blocking those energies, thats exactly what they are there for! Good Luck!
Old 17-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Experiencer
Benny do you find that the energies of other people really affect you and your moods?

Love and light,
-TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 17-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Benny Means

in larger groups yes
Old 17-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Maiya

It sounds like you may be an Empath. Empaths are very sensitive to other people’s moods and energy. And yes it is possible to take control of how these energies affect you. To begin with though you may have to be a little more selective of the type of people you choose to spend your time with. But as you progressively take control of things you will find that you are naturally drawn to like minded people while the more aggressive types fade from your life.
Old 17-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Experiencer
I agree with Maiya it does seem like you may be a bit of an empath. Something that might help you off the bat that you can use in the mean time is,

Whenever you feel that your taking on things that don't belong you to.. take a moment and go to a washroom and wash your hands under the tap. As you wash your hands and let the water run over them mentally focus on "This energy does not belong to me, it is theirs and not my own". Or something along those lines that feels comfortable to you.

You should eventually be able to get to a point where you are not so affected by others, but perhaps that could help in the mean time.

Love and light,
-TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 18-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Benny Means

Thanks for all the help guys.

I found a site about empath's ( empathguide.com )

And going by their traits, i meet the criteria. Any personal tips would be great.

thanks again