Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
if my personal truth ever surfaced from Wonderland into "normal reality most folks would think themselves suddenly insane. either that or they'd become believers in miracles.

Maybe there is no difference.

I mean consider walking to the local shop, seems commonplace enough, but really how is it that this walking to shop can be? Am I crazy to believe that's a miracle?
Old 24-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Time

"One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
"Feed your head
Feed your head
Feed your head""
Old 24-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Master
God, that's a great song. I don't hear 'em play it a whole lot on the radio much anymore. I can hear it now.

Old 25-06-2011, 01:47 AM
mattie

Some See The Rabbit Hole As A Fun Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
... There are two distinct ways... toward God and toward inner self... and yes I also heard 'I am God' but this curiosity is peering into the dark unknown and only presenting a belief.

That ‘toward God’ or ‘toward inner self’ are opposing paths is a completely ➽➽➽ SUBJECTIVE BELIEF ↵↵↵, not a TRUTH. It can be a personal TRUTH, but this DOES NOT make it a FACT for anyone else.

Many don’t see these as separate at all. This need not be an either or situation. The duality of this is entirely voluntarily manufactured. It is somewhat ironic that by connecting deeply w/ self that we connect w/ what we call God (Source/Prime Creator/Universe) so it is understandable how these things could be perceived as being opposite. They aren’t. That is my & many others’ TRUTH. Others have the right to disagree, but this doesn’t impact this being a TRUTH for me.

This idea of our being EQUAL partners w/ what we call God & being fully respectful of self as just as honored of a part of the Universal ‘team’ of beings as the higher energetic beings such as angels or those in heaven (another subjective belief) is the basis of the New Spirituality, New Age beliefs, or post-organized religion spirituality. Some see this exploring of new beliefs as a fearful ‘dark unknown,’ while others find it to be a delightful discovery & exploration, finding seeing self in a loving, trusting, & honored manner to be the nourishing & satisfying.

▲▲▲ What is always so interesting is why organized religion is perturbed so much by others’ beliefs. ▲▲▲

Those who are energetically savvy in organized religion have long known that it was/is of the utmost importance to keep people from respecting self & connecting deeply within. This is why they preached the disinformation that we are inherently flawed sinners (subjective belief) for centuries. It is impossible to attain any real level of spiritual advancement if one considers one’s self as inherently flawed. They know when people make this deep spiritual connection w/ self that they are very close to REestablishing their own innate spiritual connection, & this usually leads to their walking away from organized religion as their beliefs are no longer consistent w/ having to hear continually how we are sooooo inherently flawed. READ: STOP TITHING & supporting the religious bureaucracy.

As long as organized religion stays invested in the ‘born sinner’ concept they will have this inherent problem w/ retaining members after they make this spiritual connection. Their issue to cope w/ though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Why is a belief validated as 'personal truth'? I think we seek comfort in such things when actually it's a ruse, a 'personal lie'.

While this is phrased politely it plainly states that other who have varying beliefs aren’t competence to CHOOSE their OWN BELIEFS. That their differing belief is a ‘personal lie.’ Gobsmacking intolerance. (& they wonder who people are fleeing organized religion in droves!!! LOL)

Because some don’t agree w/ others they disrespectfully turn others’ chosen belief, their TRUTH into a ‘personal lie.’ This is the rigid intolerance that some religions sooooo openly display about varying beliefs. There is an utter unwillingness to give others the same respect that they ASSUME, yea DEMAND that is accorded to their beliefs. Therefore, others TRUTH is turned into their lie. What Brass!!! It presumes quite wrongly that others don’t have the ability to determine what is an appropriate belief for them. By saying that others’ differing beliefs are not TRUTH, but their ➨➨➨ ‘personal lie’ ↵↵↵ is calling them spiritually incompetent. This is the same autocratic drum beat organized religion has always had.

What we see as the TRUTH when discussing spiritual issues is called a ‘personal truth’ unless we are claiming the omniscience to speak for all others. This is not possible as others have varying beliefs. It can even be a group TRUTH for those who share the same beliefs, but this is still a subjective belief of a specific group. This, no matter how large the group may be or how dominate it is in the religious/spiritual make up of its region still DOES NOT make it a universal truth.

Some religions insist that their BELIEFs are the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. This absolutism is theologically problematic for many reasons. It is their right to believe this if they want, but many others don’t. In areas (both eastern & western) where these absolutist autocratic religions that insist their beliefs are the ONLY TRUTH dominate, those who are in the majority religion often try to make others who have different beliefs feel as if they are being offensive when they state their beliefs. This is a routine bullying tactic, should be recognized as such, & openly discussed when this absurd tactic is employed. It worked well for centuries, but many are now not willing to buy that they should be apologetic for having differing beliefs.

Organized religions & their proponents often CLAIM that they are OK w/ others having differing beliefs, but until they acknowledge that their relIgion’s TRUTHs are actually subjective BELIEFs they are just using a time honored slippery tactic trying to distract others from their insisting that their BELIEF is the real one that should dominate.
Old 25-06-2011, 01:52 AM
mattie

Jefferson Airplane’s ‘White Rabbit’

Grace Slick’s masterful iconic song,

‘One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said;
"Keep YOUR HEAD

Didn't see that this had alread been posted.
Old 25-06-2011, 01:54 AM
mattie

Exploring That Rabbit Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
"One pill makes you larger

Just posted this too.
Old 25-06-2011, 01:56 AM
mattie

Spot On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
...there are a lot of Alices on this site.

Elegantly stated.
Old 25-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Master
Gem - For me, what lies at the bottom of the rabbit hole is the removal of yourself from the mainstream of society. It is the place, perhaps your home, to which you're positioned away from the neighborhoods, the city lights, the hustle and bustle and maybe even any form of life. It can be a delicate balance, the hole though as it can be a dark place as well as tranquil.

Blackraven
Old 25-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Master
What if there's nothing at the bottom of the rabbit hole?
Old 25-06-2011, 02:23 AM
mattie

Darkness Of Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
...It can be a delicate balance, the hole though as it can be a dark place as well as tranquil. ...

It's usually only as dark as we CHOOSE to make it.