Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Knower
Soooo stuck.

Hi everyone. It's been nearly 4 years since I've left my husband. Long complicated story but to put it in short form....I knew something was 'off' but went ahead and married him anyway. He cheated, shattered my trust. I've been on my own now for this long but feel so stuck. I don't want to be alone, but spend a lot of time in my apartment. Every time a man expresses interest I turn away. It's a vicious cycle. I have been to counselors, psychics, but I'm feeling so uninspired.

Perhaps some of you might have a suggestion of how to get out of this horrible rut. Thank you, <3
Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Master
{{hugs}} boldwiseone

Do you have any close girlfriends/family that you can go out with for the odd walk or movie? (anything that You like doing)
Any groups you are interested in?
Small steps to get the ball rolling.
Take care :))
Old 09-02-2014, 07:38 PM
oliness

Forgiveness. It's hard but if we cannot let go and move on we condemn ourselves to bitterness. Say to yourself something like "what he did was wrong. It was cruel and unfair. But it was his action and the consequences are for him to experience. I will choose to love. I will choose to love another man and learn to trust him. The heart of my ex-husband is his business. Mine will be open and loving."

If there is anything you need to resolve with your ex-husband, I would suggest doing that - divorcing and making sure you don't need to see him again. Agree to always love him at the level in which we are all one, but on a human level move on. Then open yourself to those who are asking for your love and for relationship with you.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Nada

You are not stuck.
It takes time to heal. Actually, it is not the time itself but what you do to heal yourself with the given time.

Give yourself some credit.
You are trying. You are asking for help. You are not afraid to admit that you do not want to remain alone.
Plus, you know how you are perhaps sabotaging a possible relationship chance.

However,
Because you had been married before and divorced, you probably is more selective with men now.
Perhaps, maybe perhaps, the men that you have met so far may not meet the qualities that you are looking for in your next relationship.

Or,
Although you may think that you want another serious relationship again, you may be really enjoying your singlehood again and do not want to give it up so easily.

Also, if a right man should enter into your life, it will just happen as a fate.
So pay a close attention to your intuition.

How long had you been married?
Are you still in contact with your ex in regular basis?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:35 PM
TheAshCooper

I read this and have been exactly where you are now until this week.

This week I realised my past experiences dominate my present and effect my future. Meaning I permanently live in the past.
I'm letting this go.
No expectations no anticipations.
JJust flow and Let be.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
You are not stuck.
It takes time to heal. Actually, it is not the time itself but what you do to heal yourself with the given time.

Give yourself some credit.
You are trying. You are asking for help. You are not afraid to admit that you do not want to remain alone.
Plus, you know how you are perhaps sabotaging a possible relationship chance.

However,
Because you had been married before and divorced, you probably is more selective with men now.
Perhaps, maybe perhaps, the men that you have met so far may not meet the qualities that you are looking for in your next relationship.

Or,
Although you may think that you want another serious relationship again, you may be really enjoying your singlehood again and do not want to give it up so easily.

Also, if a right man should enter into your life, it will just happen as a fate.
So pay a close attention to your intuition.

How long had you been married?
Are you still in contact with your ex in regular basis?

Yes this resonates. With what you were saying about 'the time itself but what you do to heal yourself with the given time...' I was numb for the first year and I've been struggling ever since.

We were only married for little under 4 years. We do not have regular contact...seeing him or our previous home really upsets me.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliness
Forgiveness. It's hard but if we cannot let go and move on we condemn ourselves to bitterness. Say to yourself something like "what he did was wrong. It was cruel and unfair. But it was his action and the consequences are for him to experience. I will choose to love. I will choose to love another man and learn to trust him. The heart of my ex-husband is his business. Mine will be open and loving."

I wish I could do this. This is why I'm stuck.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:57 PM
TheAshCooper

The primary cause of unhappiness isn't the situation.
But your thoughts about it.

Go on YouTube and find the Ted talks head Games series.
And trust me.
It helps.
To understand how the past you is holding back the new you.
We are creatures of change and of habitual nature. Hence our duality and desire for unity.
Old 22-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Knower
Thanks for your suggestions :) I feel better.
Old 22-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Master
I love you , boldwisewomen .