Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
Perhaps this is something that is K's to learn. When big trees fall, many flowers bloom and for a short while, that lea in the forest becomes a new world.

What we need is a little more flower power man.
Old 13-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Master
I like Krishnamurti. I’m just a K beginner. Just finishing “Think on These Things” recaps of some of K’s talks with students. What I have found in keeping space and silence in my mind in order to really listen and learn I am inspired and yet bothered by subject matter colliding. It seems only human to contradict self when commenting on so many different aspects of life. For example, in saying that people shouldn’t spend time thinking about death because they’re not living, K talks about the end being the end. He says people delude themselves with thoughts of afterlife. So then I’m propelled to believe K doesn’t believe in an afterlife, but just death. I concluded that he didn’t believe in God or a God, but then he speaks of God. What? I get distracted when straightforward talking turns circular. But then K would say about distraction…”part of your mind resists the so-called distraction and there is waste of energy in the resistance.”

Blackraven
Old 14-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I like Krishnamurti. I’m just a K beginner. Just finishing “Think on These Things” recaps of some of K’s talks with students. What I have found in keeping space and silence in my mind in order to really listen and learn I am inspired and yet bothered by subject matter colliding. It seems only human to contradict self when commenting on so many different aspects of life. For example, in saying that people shouldn’t spend time thinking about death because they’re not living, K talks about the end being the end. He says people delude themselves with thoughts of afterlife. So then I’m propelled to believe K doesn’t believe in an afterlife, but just death. I concluded that he didn’t believe in God or a God, but then he speaks of God. What? I get distracted when straightforward talking turns circular. But then K would say about distraction…”part of your mind resists the so-called distraction and there is waste of energy in the resistance.”

Blackraven

IOW, he's full of it; no different to the hoards of spiritual ones that have sullied the earth since man's dawn, and no so different to presidents, prime ministers and kings who are in turn much like you or I. Krishnamurti is just a guy, they took him as a lad and groomed him to be the great spiritual teacher, I mean seriously, Krishnamurti was the vicarious life of Annie Bessant, for a long time, that is until he took down the Order of the Star of India.

If ol' Murti didn't take the Order of the Star down, he'd be just another puffed up guru like osho and all us Mutri fans would do the stupid idiot meditation he tells us to and wear like orange robes and all that hooha...

In the end, just like anyone else, Krishnamurti can only say what he thinks from his particular point of view, and he's not master or anything so stupid, why even make that judgement anyway since the JK never made the claim and frequently denied it? He was groomed since childhood and he's very well practiced at delivering pubic discourses, and it's also obvious that he's a great philosopher who has deep personal insight.

You read and notice the hypocrisy and contradiction and maintain a critical mind. He's not perfect, just as I'm not perfect and when all dreamy spiritual illusions dissipate, he's just a very interesting and highly intelligent fellow who speaks extraordinarily well,
Old 14-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You read and notice the hypocrisy and contradiction and maintain a critical mind. He's not perfect, just as I'm not perfect and when all dreamy spiritual illusions dissipate, he's just a very interesting and highly intelligent fellow who speaks extraordinarily well,

Gem - My mind is not 'maintained' as critical. Just observing that which makes me uncomfortable. I have no spiritual illusions and I agree that he is a very interesting and highly intelligent guy. Saying he speaks extraordinary well, is a judgment, is it not? No matter how others are observed or received in life, judgment enters the picture. I like reading and listening to K and will continue to expose myself to him. I must not be too critical. I'm not perfect as well. I meant no attack on K and do understand he's just a man, just like I'm a woman.

Blackraven
Old 14-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Master
i was surprised to see that k had been on british tv. i'm quite gutted that he was alive and in england at the same time as me and i never saw him in person or heard him speak.

Krishnamurti on Channel 4 TV(1984) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEZDhLgiwE

heres another short docu that was on british tv:

Krishnamurti - The Role Of A Flower http://youtu.be/E-myQ0ccxwU

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 15-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Gem - My mind is not 'maintained' as critical. Just observing that which makes me uncomfortable. I have no spiritual illusions and I agree that he is a very interesting and highly intelligent guy. Saying he speaks extraordinary well, is a judgment, is it not? No matter how others are observed or received in life, judgment enters the picture. I like reading and listening to K and will continue to expose myself to him. I must not be too critical. I'm not perfect as well. I meant no attack on K and do understand he's just a man, just like I'm a woman.

Blackraven

I think he's a great speaker... doesn't um and er and doesn't need notes or anything, but that is a lot of practice.... when he was young he'd read out a statement, probably handed to him by the Theosophists or something.... then he ended the Order of the Star and became his own man.

I thought a clip I posted was a reading of the truth is a pathless land, because it started in a similar way, but it was another speech... but it does show him reading out a speech... about 1:30 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRH9dl6LU4
Old 18-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Master
I nice little JK clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BUWyPbaUJw