Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-05-2014, 04:52 PM
shinofra

Blue obsidian

Hello I was wondering if someone could help me out.

My friend was showing me her collection of crystals this afternoon as I've become increasingly more interested in crystals of late but unsure what is what.

I was looking through them and picked up a piece of blue obsidian and immediately I threw it across the sofa. I didn't realise you could feel energy from the stones and didn't expect to feel anything. When I picked it up again it's like a magnetic sort of feeling to my hands as if It was pushing against my hand and could float, obviously it didn't just that what it kinda felt like. I was amazed and picked up some of the others but didn't feel anything with anything else.

She gifted me the stone as she said it was obviously a good stone for me. I looked it up and see that a lot of people say it not a real crystal etc etc.
She paid a lot for it and said that it's not coloured glass.

So what's the deal with this crystal? does it has specific qualities? Why would I have such an energy from it? Or is that what people experience from crystals?

I also read it's related to the throat chakra, which is bizarre as in a recent reiki session I was told I had a slight blockage in my throat chakra.

Just some info would be great!! Thanks guys!! :)
Old 28-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Experiencer

I don't know anything about blue obsidian specifically but I believe that it was brought into your life for a reason. You have this stone now...you have throat chakra issues...methinks it is not a coincidence. :)

And yes, some people do experience energies like that from crystals. Each one is different, just as each person perceives differently as well.

Cleanse it and then try some meditation with it! Maybe even ask for some help if it's willing. Good luck and congratulations on your new friend!

Oh and post a picture!
Old 28-05-2014, 07:36 PM
shinofra

Aah hello :)
Isn't it weird it's come to me after me saying about the communication issues yesterday :)
This is a wonderful journey! :)
Old 28-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Experiencer

Yes, so wonderful!! :)
Old 28-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Experiencer
Blue Obsidian is man made colored glass and not a natural Obsidian. Even though it's man made it still contains energy because it's still made using natural elements and also the color puts off a certain vibration... plus it can still be charged by a person or from the energy of other crystals. Obsidian is created when lava cools very fast (withing minutes). Obsidian is mainly black and some have color depending on the mineral inclusions but none are fully blue or fully transparent. It's one of my favorite crystals so I've done quite a bit of research on it and own a lot of it. I recently went to a volcanic area in California and took a few pounds of Obsidian with me
Old 28-05-2014, 08:21 PM
shinofra

Thank you :)