Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Experiencer
Do crystals work for me?

Honestly I don't think they do. My friend's mom keeps giving me all sorts of crystals saying I need to start using them to help increase my abilities. I use them exactly as she tells me (sleeping with them, carrying them in my pocket, incorporating them into my jewelry, and using them in my everyday life) but I don't feel or see any difference in anything. She then tells me I might need to cleanse them considering that they were hers first so I cleanse them. I've run water over them, shes used sage to cleanse them, I've put some in moonlight, slept with them at the head of my bed, and (specifically pendulums) swung them above my head....... NOTHING! Yet I had one pendulum that had beads (not crystals) that represented the chakras and it worked relatively well. The mom seems to get irritated that I keep telling her they don't work because she seems very convinced they will because her spirit guides keep telling her so. I don't even know what half of the rocks she gives me are called and they are all just piling up in a little jar I have sitting on my desk. What should I do?
Old 28-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Experiencer

You've cleansed them but have you set your intentions with (dedicated) them? Pick one or two and ask them if they want to work with you and then set the intentions of what you want to use them for: grounding, develop intuition, etc. and see where that gets you.

In the mean time, tell your friend's mom that your own spirit guides said to chill and let things unfold as they are meant to. Kidding. :) But in all seriousness, not everybody is meant to work intensely with stones and crystals. We each have our affinity for tools like that. Maybe yours is something else?

Good luck!
Old 28-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Experiencer
Sapphyretwins

No, I haven't set my intentions with them. The mom always hands them to me and tells me, "here, this will help you remember your dreams better," or, "here this will help open your third eye," I don't remember now which ones do what but I will at least ask them if they even want to work with me. Honestly I don't know why her spirit guides are trying to help me and not her but maybe there is something I need to do with stones and she is misinterpreting it. How would you go about finding out what you really need to do with stones?
Old 28-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
Sapphyretwins

No, I haven't set my intentions with them. The mom always hands them to me and tells me, "here, this will help you remember your dreams better," or, "here this will help open your third eye," I don't remember now which ones do what but I will at least ask them if they even want to work with me. Honestly I don't know why her spirit guides are trying to help me and not her but maybe there is something I need to do with stones and she is misinterpreting it. How would you go about finding out what you really need to do with stones?

So, the thing is, while some crystals/stones may have general qualities about them that are consistent, I think they may work differently with each person. Also, if somebody handed me a crystal/stone and said "here this will help open your third eye" and then it didn't help, I'd feel like it was partially my fault or something! That's a lot of pressure and setting oneself up for failure! lol

I would just meditate with your stones. Ask them questions. See if you get answers or feelings. Sounds like you're not really drawn to them so maybe they're not your thing...or maybe it's not your time. You'll just know if you're supposed to work with them. :)
Old 28-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Experiencer
That's the thing about it. I never really worked with them. I was just told to carry them around and I was never told to talk to them and see if they even resignate with me - like I said... I was just handed a couple of stones and was told I needed them so just keep them close. Now that I understand I need to take action on my part I will definitely be going through my little collection and see if any of the resignate with me!
Old 28-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
That's the thing about it. I never really worked with them. I was just told to carry them around and I was never told to talk to them and see if they even resignate with me - like I said... I was just handed a couple of stones and was told I needed them so just keep them close. Now that I understand I need to take action on my part I will definitely be going through my little collection and see if any of the resignate with me!

Yeah going through your collection with the knowledge you have now will really help! See if any stand out for you or if you're called to a certain one or two. Or even hold each of them one at a time in your receiving hand and see if you can feel anything (physically or emotionally) from it. Or you can specifically ask if it wants to work with you and see what you feel.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 28-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Experiencer
I will!! Although I have no idea what they are or what they do anymore. I wonder if anyone on this site could look at a picture of them and tell me what they are. But that will be after I find out if they work with me.