Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 23-05-2014, 03:59 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Stones That Hinder Dream Recall

I have a special piece of amethyst I place underneath my pillow every night. The purpose I have given this stone is to aid in recalling my dreams. I have been experiencing the re-surfacing of long buried pains and fears recently and they have begun to creep back into my dreams. Amethyst has helped me keep nightmares at bay, but they have returned regardless of the presence of amethyst. In an effort to drive my nightmares away again, I placed a piece of black tourmaline (to absorb negative influences) at the base of my spine underneath a pillow I use for support (I suffer from chronic back and neck pain). I also kept the amethyst in play at its usual spot close to my head. I considered using creedite, but thought that it would be damaged under pressure because it is soft.

Anyways, upon waking, I could recall absolutely nothing from my dreams. I sat for a couple minutes and drew a complete blank. No feelings. No images. Nothing. I decided the black tourmaline was to blame because I have never slept with this stone. So I removed it and placed it back on a shelf I have dedicated to my stones. I immediately went back to sleep since I had only slept 4-5 hours. This time, I had a dream that lasted a long time and occurred in multiple places without any waking intervals. Upon waking, I could remember everything short of a few details. I even knew I was waking up as I walked out the front door of a house. Overall it was a more lucid experience than usual.

I still wonder why the presence of black tourmaline caused me to forget everything I dreamed, or if it was truly to blame. I still can't remember anything. I am wandering if the stone absorbed the dream itself, if that it possible. I now have a feeling that I shouldn't use the stone before a cleansing. It did seem to take away the dark imagery and fear in my dreams. No nightmares last night, and today I feel very renewed with an urgency to clean and organize. Any thoughts?
Old 24-05-2014, 03:24 AM
Pathfinder
I would be happy to know if I could stop myself from dreaming. I often have very vivid, generally interesting and enjoyable dreams, which causes me to spend more time sleeping than I should. I just enjoy my dreams too much! If I could just sleep without dreaming, I might be able to get up on time.

I usually sleep with a piece of purple Fluorite under my pillow, and a blue Kyanite and Ruby in Fuchsite Pendulum on the shelf next to me. I'll try switching my Fluorite out for a BT and see what happens.

I've been waking up with major skull-splitting headaches lately, so I was actually going to try switching up my "sleeping stones" to see if that eases them.
Old 24-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Amoralight

Hi Phantamsic Fox. Black stones do absorb negative energy and not sure about in dreams. They need good cleansing I know that. Was it cleansed well? I believe we all astral travel at night and before I sleep I ask my guardian Angel that I go to places that are Aligned with 100% pure white light. Dreams give us great insight if we record (very hard in middle of night). Maybe black tourmaline did absorb negativity in your dreams. For your back you could use a red or orange stone to correspond with your chakras :)
Old 26-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjnh
I would be happy to know if I could stop myself from dreaming. I often have very vivid, generally interesting and enjoyable dreams, which causes me to spend more time sleeping than I should. I just enjoy my dreams too much! If I could just sleep without dreaming, I might be able to get up on time.

I usually sleep with a piece of purple Fluorite under my pillow, and a blue Kyanite and Ruby in Fuchsite Pendulum on the shelf next to me. I'll try switching my Fluorite out for a BT and see what happens.

I've been waking up with major skull-splitting headaches lately, so I was actually going to try switching up my "sleeping stones" to see if that eases them.
Sorry to hear about your headaches. I heard that kyanite has a pretty high vibration and has been known to cause problems like you describe for some people. Coupling it with fluorite, a mental stimulant, would make it even stronger I'm assuming. You're probably best to switch one out for a grounding stone like black tourmaline. I think kunzite and amethyst would also work well for you at night.
Old 26-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoralight
Hi Phantamsic Fox. Black stones do absorb negative energy and not sure about in dreams. They need good cleansing I know that. Was it cleansed well? I believe we all astral travel at night and before I sleep I ask my guardian Angel that I go to places that are Aligned with 100% pure white light. Dreams give us great insight if we record (very hard in middle of night). Maybe black tourmaline did absorb negativity in your dreams. For your back you could use a red or orange stone to correspond with your chakras :)
Maybe the stone wasn't as "clean" as it should have been. I have been using my black tourmaline a lot lately. I take it with me every time I leave my house and I haven't cleansed it for almost two weeks. There's loads of negative energy out in public, at least where I live... And I seem to draw it in like a I'm a magnet sometimes.

I switched out the tourmaline for orange calcite and bloodstone at the base of my spine and it works wonders. Orange calcite, with bloodstone, and the usual amethyst at my head provides excellent comfort and relaxation for me in bed. Almost too much comfort. I find it hard to force myself out of bed, as the pain just dissolves and I am "lifted" with this trio. Haven't experienced any "blank" nights since switching out tourmaline. Must've been the stone, for sure.
Old 28-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
Sorry to hear about your headaches. I heard that kyanite has a pretty high vibration and has been known to cause problems like you describe for some people. Coupling it with fluorite, a mental stimulant, would make it even stronger I'm assuming. You're probably best to switch one out for a grounding stone like black tourmaline. I think kunzite and amethyst would also work well for you at night.

I like to use Purple Fluorite to calm headaches (I place it on the 3rd-eye and it usually relieves it), but yeah that combo is ouch.

I consulted my cards to find out what to put under my pillow to suppress dreams, and the indicated cards were Moonstone and Black Tourmaline. So those are under my pillow now. So far still dreaming, hopefully it will reduce the amount.