Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 12-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Experiencer

The vinegar doesn't dissolve the black tourmaline?
Old 12-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Master
Kunzite is a wonderful crystal ~ perhaps suggest trying the heart meditations too :)

Ruby in Fuchsite is another lovely stone. Amber could also be a good choice (especially if it's convenient to charge it at dawn/dusk), or even Rainbow Obsidian perhaps also combined with a quartz. Topaz is very nice, the natural blue stones are very protective...
Old 12-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
The vinegar doesn't dissolve the black tourmaline?
Nope, not at all. This method is well know in the 'crystal' world, works like a charm. Advantage is that it's real fast, so if you got the black tourmalines for your microwave/pc/speakers/sockets or whatever, you won't have to miss their projection for long :)
Just rinse them off afterwards so they don't smell of vinegar, works like a charm!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Experiencer

Thanks FairyCrystal for the tip!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Black tourmaline might be good indeed, maybe combined with the rose quartz to add the love vibe.
As far as I know it does absorb negativity though, that's why it needs to be cleansed often (pure vinegar for 12-24 hrs)

Tourmalinated quartz is a nice alternative, love that!

I had read from a few sources that it doesn't absorb, but rather repels. Psychically anyway. Maybe it's because it absorbs EMF? Here are the sources I used for my info.

"Ancient magicians relied upon Black Tourmaline, known as Schorl, to protect them from earth demons as they cast their spells. Today this stone is still revered as a premier talisman of protection, a psychic shield deflecting and dispelling negative energies, entities, or destructive forces. It guards against radiation and environmental pollutants, and is highly useful in purifying and neutralizing one’s own negative thoughts and internal conflicts, and turning them into positive, usable energy." - http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal...ack-tourmaline

"Tourmaline uses differs as its colors differ. All colors are very powerful and it must be used carefully. Each person seems to react differently to Tourmaline. It has been used with intestinal problems, but only a healer should use it. Black Tourmaline pushes all negativity away." - https://crystal-cure.com/tourmaline.html

"Black Tourmaline is a protective stone which repels and blocks negative energies and psychic attack. Black Tourmaline also aids in the removal of negative energies within a person or a space." - http://www.healingcrystals.com/Black...ticles_27.html

Certainly, I feel the difference in how it works as compared to Smokey Quartz, Black Onyx, etc.
Old 13-05-2014, 01:20 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjnh
I had read from a few sources that it doesn't absorb, but rather repels. Psychically anyway. Maybe it's because it absorbs EMF? Here are the sources I used for my info.

"Ancient magicians relied upon Black Tourmaline, known as Schorl, to protect them from earth demons as they cast their spells. Today this stone is still revered as a premier talisman of protection, a psychic shield deflecting and dispelling negative energies, entities, or destructive forces. It guards against radiation and environmental pollutants, and is highly useful in purifying and neutralizing one’s own negative thoughts and internal conflicts, and turning them into positive, usable energy." - http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal...ack-tourmaline

"Tourmaline uses differs as its colors differ. All colors are very powerful and it must be used carefully. Each person seems to react differently to Tourmaline. It has been used with intestinal problems, but only a healer should use it. Black Tourmaline pushes all negativity away." - https://crystal-cure.com/tourmaline.html

"Black Tourmaline is a protective stone which repels and blocks negative energies and psychic attack. Black Tourmaline also aids in the removal of negative energies within a person or a space." - http://www.healingcrystals.com/Black...ticles_27.html

Certainly, I feel the difference in how it works as compared to Smokey Quartz, Black Onyx, etc.
It's power is feminine, receptive, therefore it does absorb energy. It feels heavy, not light. Perhaps it has repelling qualities too. It repels harmful spells, protecting the wearer. The stone absorbs negative energy and deflects it into the earth. That's how I feel holding the stone. It is received, and projected downwards, inwards. Negative, not positive. That's why I sense it absorbs. At the same time it does repel. Harmful vibes are repelled by the stone, but it's absorptive, receptive qualities cannot be denied. It is, after all, black tourmaline.
Old 13-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Black tourmaline might be good indeed, maybe combined with the rose quartz to add the love vibe.
As far as I know it does absorb negativity though, that's why it needs to be cleansed often (pure vinegar for 12-24 hrs)

Tourmalinated quartz is a nice alternative, love that!
Thanks for the cleansing tip... I am actually carrying rose quartz with black tourmaline today, very grounding and "road-opening", if that makes sense. I never thought of using vinegar to cleanse any stones. Do you think apple cider vinegar will work the same, or might it damage black tourmaline? What about onyx?
Old 13-05-2014, 01:51 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
It's power is feminine, receptive, therefore it does absorb energy. It feels heavy, not light. Perhaps it has repelling qualities too. It repels harmful spells, protecting the wearer. The stone absorbs negative energy and deflects it into the earth. That's how I feel holding the stone. It is received, and projected downwards, inwards. Negative, not positive. That's why I sense it absorbs. At the same time it does repel. Harmful vibes are repelled by the stone, but it's absorptive, receptive qualities cannot be denied. It is, after all, black tourmaline.

Black as in Yin? Okay that makes sense, I see where you're coming from (if you are talking about Yin energy). Although it feels more masculine to me, which is why I carry a Garnet in my other pocket, to balance the energy from the Black Tourmaline. Garnet feels feminine... kind, to me. Black Tourmaline is intense, powerful. I guess it's probably a bit different for everyone. *shruggs* Still my favorite. Okay, well, it's tied with Carnelian :)
Old 13-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjnh
Black as in Yin? Okay that makes sense, I see where you're coming from (if you are talking about Yin energy). Although it feels more masculine to me, which is why I carry a Garnet in my other pocket, to balance the energy from the Black Tourmaline. Garnet feels feminine... kind, to me. Black Tourmaline is intense, powerful. I guess it's probably a bit different for everyone. *shruggs* Still my favorite. Okay, well, it's tied with Carnelian :)
Yes it is a very powerful stone, but it is powerfully receptive. This can cause confusion because projective, male energy is associated with power and strength. People easily forget that female, receptive energy can be just as intense and powerful as projective, male energy.
Old 13-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
Yes it is a very powerful stone, but it is powerfully receptive. This can cause confusion because projective, male energy is associated with power and strength. People easily forget that female, receptive energy can be just as intense and powerful as projective, male energy.
yes, indeed, it is! I love the way you describe this! Also the bit on how it absorbs etc.
In our masculine society ppl aren't really aware / in touch with the real feminine energies and power anymore. But it's slowly coming back!

Do NOT use vinegar on any other crystal than black tourmaline!!! This is to be used on black tourmaline only!

Black tourmaline nicely combines with other crystals. I've used it with yellow calcite as well.
You can also combine it with rose quartz when you use it on the meter box, to add a loving vibe to it all, as opposed to just blocking the energies.

I also feel strongly about combining BT with (natural) citrine. But I also feel that that is an extremely powerful combination, to be used carefully.
Can't explain that in detail, gut feeling. (I'm not talking about a tumbled citrine, but my natural master citrine point, lol)
If you got an insight on these two, I'm all ears!

To add to you, Phantasmic Fox, the way you describe BT to work, is also what an elder tree does: absorb and deflect negative energy into the earth. Elder wood has a soft core, although when it ages, it tends to get harder. Used to be planted close to homes and farms to ward off negativity, but it also absorbs etc, exactly what you describe.
Explains to me why I wanted a black crystal on my elder wand, although I had doubts about it, as clear crystal also felt good. I felt I needed to change a black and clear crystal on Beltane and Samhain. Maybe I will do this! You've inspired me