Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 22-10-2014, 04:44 AM
Knower
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to understand this Karma thing...Is it possible that you can get someone else karma? Like being born in a family of hard knocks and you're catching the hell they didn't get? Is that possible? I mean you can be the nicest person, but the amount of bad luck that comes on a good person, would make you wonder, what did they do??? It's a question I always wonder about and I needed to ask, maybe it's for a different forum, I decided to start here. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Almondeyez
Old 22-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondeyez68
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to understand this Karma thing...Is it possible that you can get someone else karma?
No.
Quote:
Like being born in a family of hard knocks and you're catching the hell they didn't get? Is that possible?
No. Your karma is what lands you in any family.
Quote:
I mean you can be the nicest person, but the amount of bad luck that comes on a good person, would make you wonder, what did they do??? It's a question I always wonder about and I needed to ask, maybe it's for a different forum, I decided to start here. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Almondeyez
Karma is complicated because the world we live in is complicated.
Old 23-10-2014, 12:08 AM
primrose

I say no too. We all choose the families that we are born into.

Do some research on Karma, you might get some understanding.
Old 23-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Deactivated Account

Karma is what lands you in your family but yes you can take on the karma of others at the same time. Sort of like a penance but also a way to help them.
Old 23-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Experiencer
There are several reasons why a good person might have bad luck in life. A spirit, many times, chooses where they want to be born, they sometimes chose their battles, things they want to experience and learn from. There is always something to learn from hardships, like patience, forgiveness... Spititualism doesn't believe in reincarnation, if I'm not mistaken, but if you do, another explanation is that they might be atoning and expunging something from a previous life. Another explanation I can think of is that they can act kind to others, be a good person, but internally, conscious-wise, they might be tuned into low vibrational thoughts - like lament, regret, etc - which in turn attracts low vibration energy or bad luck.
Old 29-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Knower
Is there any way to shake this? Bad energy. And I'm trying to understand this before life stuff and I know the spirit is different than the flesh. Sometimes I feel like my spirit and flesh is at war. I may have a good personality, good intentions by people, but sometimes I wonder what kind of spirit I have, because it doesn't bring in good things and I don't care how nice I am, sometimes I feel like I'm reaping someone else's karma. My friends sometimes looks at me and they can't help but wonder, what on earth did I do to people, to have a bad relationship with them. I can't explain this. I'm beginning to think I need to get myself check out, Spiritually..lol It doesn't seem natural to me that's all.
Old 29-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Deactivated Account
For me personally so called Karma is all in the mind, as long as you believe you are the mind body organism, there well be karma. This so called karma brings us back over and over, the mind needs to rectified itself, so it needs to come back over and over. The one who is self Realized ends Karma, this is because one realizes that it isn't the mind body organism, so therefor karma is finished, it was always the mind that kept it alive.
Old 29-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Experiencer
Almond, perhaps I could comfort you in stating that bad things don't last forever even though it might seem that way. I would suggest meditation because it balances and protects your inner energy, it can ease your mind and perhaps increase your understanding of self, which might be what you need against this mind/body battle you say you have. Also, try changing your outlook on what you call bad luck. Instead of lamenting it, thank the bad luck! Yes, I sound crazy... lol. It's like this: the more positive you see things in your life, the more positive energy you attract. Change your perspective, view bad luck as a obstacles that will make you a tougher, stronger and wiser. You can also exercise paying little attention to what normally gets you down. I say this because I see this happen to my mother, she's a very blessed person, but she sees everything as bad luck and so to her, her life is filled with bad luck when all it is, is that she's looking at the glass half empty.
Old 30-10-2014, 03:37 PM
EarthAngelPresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondeyez68
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to understand this Karma thing...Is it possible that you can get someone else karma?
Quote:
Yes this is possible if you are in the company of the person when they receive their Karma
Like being born in a family of hard knocks and you're catching the hell they didn't get?
Quote:
This is in regards to your past life when it comes to family and could be your own Karma from the decisions you made in a past life
Is that possible? I mean you can be the nicest person, but the amount of bad luck that comes on a good person, would make you wonder, what did they do???
Quote:
We all deal with that from the choices we made in a past life
It's a question I always wonder about and I needed to ask, maybe it's for a different forum, I decided to start here. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Almondeyez

When it comes to Karma you get what you give so she is not always a B*&^% sometimes Karma can be very rewarding depending on your intentions. Some things are not Karma simply the life that you were dealt. It is hard to deal with others "Family" hardship but its not always Karma. If you are with someone that just killed someone and you been with them for years knowing that, their Karma becomes your own. If you're around someone that is not of good light and you know this, their Karma MAY become your own. When it comes to family ties its way deeper than Karma can get.
Old 30-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Master

Maybe best not to try and 'round hole' these things. There's no one size fits all, quite the reverse, everyone is unique.

Yes, that which we sow we will, in the fullness of time, reap. A fundamental law of the Universe. Perfect justice.

But not everything is exacting karma. Life is for a purpose i.e. some lesson or value we need to learn to advance our soul.

Wisdom is a fine teacher, as is good example, but there is no teacher like experience ....

Oscar Wilde once wrote of the 'beauty of sorrow'. A strange use of words to most, but suffering and sorrow can give birth to compassion, empathy, understanding - and the desire to help others, because you know what they're going through.

So the next time you find yourself in the proverbial 'battle square', it may not be very nice, but in the grand scheme of things, there is a blessing in everything .....

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com