Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-05-2018, 03:18 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Meaning of the white horse

I'm thinking of the white horse that are mentioned two times in Revelation.

"I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest." (Rev 6:2)

and

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war." (Rev 19:11)

I'm thinking that white is known to be the color of purity, but it can also has to do with the expression "white lies".

It might have something to do with chinese astrology and the horse there. Is the white horse a sign of purity and presents white lies because it's so full of the brown stuff we're not allowed to mention the name of?

I have personally felt it has come from people's forehead.

Maybe they should be careful with the sun so they don't get so brown in the forehead? I've heard that too much tanning can lead to cancer.

Are we talking disease and body or an astrological sign?

I'm asking more questions here: Is the brown tanning an evidence that Cancer - both astrological sign and disease - are coming from Africa?

Then I ask again - how do we treat our roots?

And I ask: Is it the roots of our DNA or the roots connected to the teeth in our mouth?

So Jesus had something important to say when he said that the words from our mouth - or the tongue as he named it - can be about life and death?
Old 31-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Master
From what I know of revelation, and I've not read it for quite a while before the start of a couple weeks ago, where a couple weeks ago I began to pick up the bible, and went straight to revelation, as I have been thinking of some things in the particular passages there.

How I've always come to read revelation is to take it as a whole- in the context of the whole- to understand better for myself it is easier for me to interpret it in its full context as opposed to bits and pieces.

I forget where the white horse is spoken of in revelation- when I think horses in relation to these passages I think of the four horsemen.

Which to me but may represent something else to those here, represents death- the four plagues- things in which during the end of times, is dwindling the numbers of humanity.

If you take the bible literally in whole context- where I would take it literally in some, metaphorically in other places- and learn myself where exactly to differentiate the two- what would the four plagues be? You see I do not have either copy of my two bibles on me, they currently are in the other room.

What you are speaking sounds a metaphorical interpretation- seems you do well with metaphorical imagery- yet your reasoning with Asian astrology and the white horse remains a mystery to me. There is the sign of the horse in Asian astrology yes, but how is it you feel this biblical passage and the animal representation of the sign of horse- which is year based- in Asian astrology correlate? I make no connection other than horses.

You focus on the symbol itself it seems, you could ask me what do white horses have to do with the book of revelations, and I will tell you, personally, Why!!! Nothing!!!!

If you ask what horses are related to in the book of revelations in terms of the symbolism used in the book of revelations, well then my answer would be a little more knowing in a sense and I would tell you- That in my personal opinion, the symbol of the horse within the context of the book of revelation, in my view or understanding of it represents death- while the die hard Christians will answer "Ah! Not so"! And argue with me what is obvious to me.

That to me from my own understanding, horses in this particular book represent death.

And then if you were to ask me how the Chinese Astrological sign of the horse correlates to the book of revelation- Honestly? I'd probably sit there and stare at you a long moment. In which time you may or may not become uncomfortable and ask further perhaps "Well"?

And I'd ask "What is it that you mean"? Or "What makes you think there is a co-relation exactly"?

So, what makes you think then, that there is a co-relation?

I do not ask in any way to poke fun either.

I ask you this, because I do not see the co-relation of which you speak.

To me there really never was any.

The symbol of the horse in the book of revelation represents to me death.

When read within the context of that particular book.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto
I'm thinking of the white horse that are mentioned two times in Revelation. "I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest." (Rev 6:2) and "I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war." (Rev 19:11) I'm thinking that white is known to be the color of purity, but it can also has to do with the expression "white lies". It might have something to do with chinese astrology and the horse there. Is the white horse a sign of purity and presents white lies because it's so full of the brown stuff we're not allowed to mention the name of?

at (Revelation 19:11-16) the white horse that Jesus is riding, has NOTHING to do with any "astrology". since Jehovah warns his people to stay way from ALL forms of divination ,(Leviticus 20:6 and Acts 16:16-18 here Paul had to expel a deamon from the girl would was used by her master to gain wealth by her fortune-telling).

the white Horse isn't literal, Jesus will not be coming to Earth going to war riding on an actual horse. when Jesus wage war again satan and wicked mankind. he will do it from Heaven, just as his Father Jehovah God brought on the flood from Heaven. white throughout the scriptures represent Jehovah purity and righteousness. Jesus being of his Father, rightfully can ride the symbolic white horse.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
at (Revelation 19:11-16) the white horse that Jesus is riding, has NOTHING to do with any "astrology". since Jehovah warns his people to stay way from ALL forms of divination ,(Leviticus 20:6 and Acts 16:16-18 here Paul had to expel a deamon from the girl would was used by her master to gain wealth by her fortune-telling).

the white Horse isn't literal, Jesus will not be coming to Earth going to war riding on an actual horse. when Jesus wage war again satan and wicked mankind. he will do it from Heaven, just as his Father Jehovah God brought on the flood from Heaven. white throughout the scriptures represent Jehovah purity and righteousness. Jesus being of his Father, rightfully can ride the symbolic white horse.

The Koran speaks good about both christians and jews.

I may be wrong, but you seem to be so "us" against "them"?

Or maybe you are a witch that spells us like u.s.?

I may be wrong, but to me it seems that you want to rule the world? :-)
Old 11-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
The Koran speaks good about both christians and jews.I may be wrong, but you seem to be so "us" against "them"? Or maybe you are a witch that spells us like u.s.? I may be wrong, but to me it seems that you want to rule the world? :-)

don't get it twisted, I'm NOT about any country, I'm about the word of Jehovah God. i explain and showed scriptures concerning the white horse of Revelation. your accusations towards me are spoken out of ignorance with a bit of satan. because i said NOTHING, that would lead anyone who uses commonsense, to believe that i " seems that you want to rule the world" . sad, satan is too busy with his people.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:18 AM
Experiencer

minx-if I may be bold-why are you stirring the pot? you are in a Christian forum-you bring up the white horse that is discussed in revelations-the Bible.

you are trying to understand the Bible by mixing in astrology-why? may I suggest you attend a non denominational Bible study?
Old 08-06-2018, 09:13 PM
kjw47

Quote:

"I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest." (Rev 6:2)

and

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war." (Rev 19:11)

I'm thinking that white is known to be the color of purity, but it can also has to do with the expression "white lies".

It might have something to do with chinese astrology and the horse there. Is the white horse a sign of purity and presents white lies because it's so full of the brown stuff we're not allowed to mention the name of?

Maybe they should be careful with the sun so they don't get so brown in the forehead? I've heard that too much tanning can lead to cancer.

I'm asking more questions here: Is the brown tanning an evidence that Cancer - both astrological sign and disease - are coming from Africa?

And I ask: Is it the roots of our DNA or the roots connected to the teeth in our mouth?

So Jesus had something important to say when he said that the words from our mouth - or the tongue as he named it - can be about life and death?

Rev 6-- Michael takes this ride--the war in heaven-- White horse = righteous war) See peace was taken from the earth(ww1) satan and his angels lost and were cast out of heaven forever to the earth. He came as devouring lion, angry, knowing his time was short. Filled mens hearts with hatred all over the earth.Millions slaughtered--The other 3 riders as well--After ww1, millions upon millions died all over the earth from starvation, diseases, and the filth of the slaughters. (But --HE recieves his crown. Only Jesus is getting the crown--Upon Jesus return he comes with the voice of the archangel(1Thess 4:16)-- it is his voice. The ride continues on till Har-mageddon. Jesus leads Gods armies to the earth riding the white horse. Michael is Jesus. And that is the real reason Jesus teaches he has a God like we do--He is the FIRSTBORN of all creation( Coll 1:15) Gods master worker of Prov 8
Old 08-06-2018, 09:50 PM
Che Lazou

Meaning of the white horse

Quote:

and

The white horse appears in line four of hexagram 22 of the Yi Jing which is usually translated as "adornment" or "clothing". The commentary will usually say something along the lines of "The rider of the white horse goes off to seek the lady and is eventually successful, but is suspect in the beginning" I have even heard the horse described as a Pegasus by some translators of the Yi Jing. However, both the Yi Jing and the Bible appear only in translation, one needs to go to the source language to know what the correct interpretation is for oneself. Thank you.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:45 AM
Master

The first white horse, in Revelation 6, is ridden by the Antichrist. This horse is probably symbolic rather than literal. The antichrist will rule the earth and claim to bring in a new age of prosperity while in fact rebelling against God and trying to take his place. The second white horse, in Revelation 19, is a literal horse and will be ridden by Jesus Christ when he returns to establish his kingdom and rule the earth.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
The first white horse, in Revelation 6, is ridden by the Antichrist. This horse is probably symbolic rather than literal. The antichrist will rule the earth and claim to bring in a new age of prosperity while in fact rebelling against God and trying to take his place. The second white horse, in Revelation 19, is a literal horse and will be ridden by Jesus Christ when he returns to establish his kingdom and rule the earth.

Thank you for your interpretation here Theo, and the Christian perspective.

I do have a question? I've just read Revelation 6. Here you say the first white horse is in Rev 6 and upon it is the anti-christ. Yet 6 is the whole of the verse. In this verse there is not only a white horse- you say it is symbolic, but there are a total four horses. A white one, a red, a black, and then a pale.

Why is the anti-christ then associated with only the white one? Would he not be associated with all four?

I have not yet read verse 19, but look forward to read it, at a later date.

Again thank you for your side and perspective.