Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi
Hi, ill speak plainly,

I love you, all of you. And my nonsense, as it were, needs only two things to not be nonsense.

1) I have to believe and explain what it is I am trying to communicate.
2) the specificity of my words may not always be 100% but are always meant to help. Perhaps guide, or instruct. Different situations need different approaches.

The only nonsense here is closing oneself off to the possibility of finding wisdom or enlightenment. You never know where or when or what will hold meaning or value. Wisdom can spring from very strange and unexpected places.

The fact is that we are all here just like everyone else, which means we haven't ascended, the heavens have not parted and god hasn't plucked us up and said 'ok you're done, time to go home'

We are all just a different points. At the least we are all here because we acknowledges the possibility of something else.

Furthermore if my cryptic, vague, nonsense brings about even a moment of contemplation that is all I can hope for. Everything else is on the recipient.

Lets see what meaning this nonsense is conveying.

it starts 'I love all of you' and 'meant to help guide or instruct...' This establishes quite a high position as a guide and an instructor... who loves me.

After positioning yourself, you proceed to address the general membership with rhetoric about wisdom arising from strange and unexpected places, being in a position to do so.

After a short equalizing blurb about how we haven't ascented, the soft wisdoms resume with 'we are just different points...', and then you conclude by saying that you hope that you will invoke a moment of contemplation in others.

Frankly, I don't buy it, so I won't be playing the role you require to validate that position, and am therefore unable to fulfill your hopes.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwing33
Hi Gem are you exploring the values of language and how it relates

to all there is ?

I have been doing that for years

things like love is never the word love

like peanut butter is never the word peanut butter

feelings are cool specially if they are good

bad feelings no one wants

love is always a good feeling

peanut butter you can eat if you like the taste

even if you don't but who would ? except in case its all you have.

well I wonder off in my own thoughts .

anyway i like your topic language should be free

and expressed in anyway we like , you like every on else likes .

your saying what you like or feel thats so good, its freedom.

what would the world be if we cant express all we like to say in words

I'll tell you what I think. I don't know what it means to say 'in relation to all there is'. It does sound kinda mystical, though.

Next, it's love again, which seems to me like presenting something spiritual again, but I don't believe it. 'Love' is just uttered meaninglessly like a little balloon all puffed up with air. Very spiritual, though.

All that peanut butter stuff is nonsense.

Language is a code used to convey a meaning, and I'm wondering, what is it exactly that you mean to say to me?
Old 01-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Lets see what meaning this nonsense is conveying.

it starts 'I love all of you' and 'meant to help guide or instruct...' This establishes quite a high position as a guide and an instructor... who loves me.

After positioning yourself, you proceed to address the general membership with rhetoric about wisdom arising from strange and unexpected places, being in a position to do so.

After a short equalizing blurb about how we haven't ascented, the soft wisdoms resume with 'we are just different points...', and then you conclude by saying that you hope that you will invoke a moment of contemplation in others.

Frankly, I don't buy it, so I won't be playing the role you require to validate that position, and am therefore unable to fulfill your hopes.

And yet the fact remains, that a lesson learned form a book or a dream or a movie is just as valuable as a lesson learned from a teacher or other sources.

I do love you all, even though my attempt to lighten things with that statement was acutely snuffed out does not change the simple fact that I do not hold my life any higher than that of another. Would I sacrifice myself for you? More than likely not. But I would extend my hand to you if you were to stumble and fall? The only hesitation would lay within the realm my own safety and that of my family.

My attempts to guide or instruct do not elevate me in my mind, simply serve to give me a general purpose. As I have spent a majority of my adult life trying to define my own beliefs and remember all too well what it feels like to drift lost and seeking something indefinable. All I have to offer is the benefits of my experiences. If I share something, a view point or a story, then it is because I feel it has bearing. If I have no knowledge of a subject and nothing constructive to say then I just shut the **** up and watch hoping to take one single thing from that experience. When you know a thing and to hold that you know it, and when you do not know a thing, and you hold that you do not know it. That is knowledge.

Learning is only learning if you arrive at the solution with as little help as possible. Nothing is gained if the answers are freely given. Not to mention the fact that it would be moving away from helping if I took some insight or what have you and used it to manipulate you into the wrong course of action simply because I thought it the best solution. The best solution for all is for each to follow their own heart, and draw their own conclusions.

Thank you kindly for your dissection of my previous post.
Real talk it was a humility ***** slap that was much needed. I see where I may have come across pretentious. I sometimes get over zealous and need to make conscious effort to set aside my own ego and feelings of inflated self worth. That sort of thing is harder for myself to see and easier for a third party to observe and bring to my attention.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Knower
Second lesson in 10 minutes. I wanted to prove something and find meaning in angelwing33. But instead I was lost at peanut butter. Haha. Awesome..
Old 01-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Kamila

Old 01-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
To date, the following personal assertion have been made in regards to me:

I'm fake (and someone to dismiss or disregard)
I have a problem
I lack humility

That's nothing to do with me and these assertions are nonsense. There's some matter of feeling that has occurred within the accusers that is being expressed in this derogatory fashion, and not a feeling that occurred within myself. The thing is yours and I don't want your junk.
You're what I'd call an authoritarian anti-authoritarian - you appear to reject all authority, perceived or actual, whilst asserting your own authority. So you don't say 'this is nonsense to me,' you say 'this is nonsense,' like it's the absolute truth and not simply just your perspective. Which, to me, smacks of a lack of humility.

But of course you'll reject this out-of-hand, because it sounds critical of you.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi
And yet the fact remains, that a lesson learned form a book or a dream or a movie is just as valuable as a lesson learned from a teacher or other sources.

I do love you all, even though my attempt to lighten things with that statement was acutely snuffed out does not change the simple fact that I do not hold my life any higher than that of another. Would I sacrifice myself for you? More than likely not. But I would extend my hand to you if you were to stumble and fall? The only hesitation would lay within the realm my own safety and that of my family.

Of course, because I'm just a guy on the internet. I'd stop coming here tomorrow and you wouldn't even notice I had gone... so I really do appreciate your kindness, but if my issue became difficult and inconvenient, helpfulness would soon be withdrawn. In the case of your family, it's through thick and thin.

Quote:
My attempts to guide or instruct do not elevate me in my mind, simply serve to give me a general purpose. As I have spent a majority of my adult life trying to define my own beliefs and remember all too well what it feels like to drift lost and seeking something indefinable. All I have to offer is the benefits of my experiences. If I share something, a view point or a story, then it is because I feel it has bearing. If I have no knowledge of a subject and nothing constructive to say then I just shut the **** up and watch hoping to take one single thing from that experience. When you know a thing and to hold that you know it, and when you do not know a thing, and you hold that you do not know it. That is knowledge.

I don't know much and have no answers or advice, so I just speak in response to what's said within the context of what they say. Sometimes I get a bit carried away and add my own nonsense to it, but I try to be wary of that.

Quote:
Learning is only learning if you arrive at the solution with as little help as possible. Nothing is gained if the answers are freely given. Not to mention the fact that it would be moving away from helping if I took some insight or what have you and used it to manipulate you into the wrong course of action simply because I thought it the best solution. The best solution for all is for each to follow their own heart, and draw their own conclusions.

I don't have any idea what people need or what's best for them, and actually, no one does. It doesn't matter how insightful a person is. They don't know the life of another. When one gets the inkling that 'I'm very insightful and advanced and am highly empathic so I know what is needed' they do indeed manipulate things to their own preferences. The other person just latches on to it and clings because they are experiencing a lot of uncertainty... and the whole situation is manipulative. Yep. when push comes to shove people have to find a way for themselves, and helping is wholly based on them determining what they need and and what path to take.

Quote:
Thank you kindly for your dissection of my previous post.
Real talk it was a humility ***** slap that was much needed. I see where I may have come across pretentious. I sometimes get over zealous and need to make conscious effort to set aside my own ego and feelings of inflated self worth. That sort of thing is harder for myself to see and easier for a third party to observe and bring to my attention.

OK, I'm not trying to be unkind, or nice, but am trying to get past the 'social acceptance' and experience something real. Nothing seem real to me and I just don't feel anything. When the posters got narky and were on my case I wasn't hurt, I was glad, because I could feel something real. Everything is always empty like a polite cocktail party... and I'm tired because I want to actually communicate. I hope you understand.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
OK, I'm not trying to be unkind, or nice, but am trying to get past the 'social acceptance' and experience something real. Nothing seem real to me and I just don't feel anything.

that is unfortunate.

Quote:
When the posters got narky and were on my case I wasn't hurt, I was glad, because I could feel something real.

Quote:
Everything is always empty like a polite cocktail party... and I'm tired because I want to actually communicate. I hope you understand.

consider going out with a friend, saying hello to a neighbor, volunteering to read to the ill or elderly, making amends with a loved one...
Old 01-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
You're what I'd call an authoritarian anti-authoritarian - you appear to reject all authority, perceived or actual, whilst asserting your own authority. So you don't say 'this is nonsense to me,' you say 'this is nonsense,' like it's the absolute truth and not simply just your perspective. Which, to me, smacks of a lack of humility.

But of course you'll reject this out-of-hand, because it sounds critical of you.

You quote one instance where I have said to anyone to do this or that. You won't be able to, because I don't assume authority. I'm aware of my power, but won't find a single instance where I have told anyone what they should or shouldn't do. In fact, you will find that I often talk to people about what they are doing themselves, but then the experts come along as say do this and do that. These people don't care about what a person is doing for themselves. They only want people to do as they suggest. Look more carefully and see for yourself who assumes the authority and tells people what to do.

Humility. You are useing this as a ruse to attempt to diminish me, but again, please provide a single example where I make claim to high experiences and promote myself by proclaiming godly encounters or trying to present myself by saying I did so many years of meditation or where I use famed spiritual teachers to prop up my fallacious idiocy. You wont find anything at all self aggrandising or otherwise indicative of that kind of egomania, and again, look for yourself at who does it.

You'll be surprised that the nicest people engage in these types of things.

The only reason people cast these assertions on me is in order to diminish me because I am not part of this ludicrous hierarchy where one is a guide and instructor and the other is made pathetic and obedient. I'm not a master or a minion and have no place on the status quo, but people (including you it seems) want to put me somewhere. You think I'm asserting a position of authority, but I'm explaining this to you; I will NOT be put in a place - That is assertive, not authoritative, and you are mistaking one for the other.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
that is unfortunate.

what you felt from using others as sport was still not real.

consider going out with a friend, saying hello to a neighbor, volunteering to read to the ill or elderly, making amends with a loved one...

OK so you come here, without so much as inquiring about what I do or have done, and pipe up with this unsolicited advice assuming that I want it (or maybe some other reason). I was going to explain what I actually do in regards to your er... suggestions, but then it occurred to me, you don't care about that and I'd be wasting your time.