Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-07-2023, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
For those interested, you can actually check if your Ancestors are descended from Vikings by their Surnames.....
I have 3% Nordic DNA inherited from my Maternal Irish Ancestors who all have Surnames adapted from Viking names and flourished in the area of Dublin.... They were all staunch Roman Catholics.

On my Mother's side, one of my ancestors fought at the one day Battle of Hastings on October 14, 1066. They fought under William the Conqueror: the chap who won the battle. In the 1600's, one of my ancestors came from England to the Americas as an indentured slave. He did this a lot. Records don't show, but I suspect he went from the Americas to England as an indentured servant. On the westward journeys, he was the captain of the ship. I assume he was also the captain on the eastward bound journeys. One time he went to the Americas as an indentured servant and he brought back with him an indentured servant! When they landed, they went and got married!

On my Father's side, they were home builders and Welsh.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 07-07-2023 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2023, 04:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
On my Mother's side, one of my ancestors fought at the one day Battle of Hastings on October 14, 1066. They fought under William the Conqueror: the chap who won the battle.

As did three of mine who were Knights, only two survived.... You can find a list of those who were very close during the battle to WTC..... What was your Ancestors Surname ?. I have Membership on various sites and might be able to find more info for you.....
Old 08-07-2023, 03:34 AM
Master
My ancestor's exact name spelling I would have to go and look it up.

As for William the Conqueror, he was a Viking. He brought about the decline of the Anglo Saxons.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-07-2023, 05:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
My ancestor's exact name spelling I would have to go and look it up.

As for William the Conqueror, he was a Viking. He brought about the decline of the Anglo Saxons.

He was of Viking descent and very much a Roman Catholic.....
Your Ancestors name would be Anglicised at that time....
Old 08-07-2023, 10:40 AM
Master
Oh my, Sky. You've really delved into this, to get that far back you'd have to have done quite a bit of research..
Old 08-07-2023, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Oh my, Sky. You've really delved into this, to get that far back you'd have to have done quite a bit of research..

Yes Altair I've done quite a lot over the years I have always loved History and now it's become easier to research I've taken advantage of the Documents I can read online. When I found out I had extremely rare blood I wanted to find out as much as I could about my Ancestors, it's become a very enjoyable hobby...
Old 07-08-2023, 07:31 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Funny, early American settlers came for religious freedom only to be faced with that.
Have they? I assumed most of them are from Britain, which is or was at the time a protestant nation.
What about spreading teaching in bible? It could have been freedom from the Catholic church but not the words of god, see the differences between protestant and catholic.

The founder of the Protestants, Martin Luther, discovered or was revealed to, that the Catholic church is the Purple dressed Harlot on the 7 beasts mentioned in Revelation as result they were protesting against her.
Quote:
Revelation 17:5 "Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth"
Revelation 17 (verse 18) identifies the woman as a representation of "the great city which reigneth over the kings of the earth", An evil that was warned against which would persecute and could damn the followers.

Woman used in prophecy is symbolic to a married woman loyalty to her husband to whom she should be dedicated/holy. It is bad if she sleep with others or as in faith or prophecy worship other gods.

That not to say Martin was not ignorant of other things since he claimed the writings said to written by James as heretical despite him being among these that could touch, see and hear Yahusha(Jesus) and taught by him for years.

Quote:
Glad things are different now! One nation under god meaning Christianity and religious freedom somehow doesn't seem to go together very well.

And it shouldn't. Researchers discovered that religious freedom is actually a Catholic plot to allow them entry and influence "freedom for all is freedom for us" or something long these lines in religious context.

Allowing religious freedom is against Yahuha's(YHWH) and chosen Yahusha(Jesus) instructions (Exodus 20:2, Deuteronomy ,5:6 Jeremiah 10:2)
Quote:
“'Love Yahuha your god with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind".' Matthew 22:35–40
. Which means they should not have approved of other religions. A proof to them being the Wh*** of Babylon, not that her offspring seem to be any better if they still practicing her traditions.

Quote:
like I said I am glad things are at least a little better now.
Are they? In what way? Because many other have claimed things have gotten worse. And they have gotten worse due to neglect, ignorance, rebellion or deceptions about what is good according to Yahuha & Yahusha.

Vikings believed they would enter Valhalla, if they die with a sword in hand or was it battle. What is good about practicing a religious that encourage war which means murder, stealing and destroying things that could have been used to ease life. It is not good.

What good is religious freedom if it is a step back to worse times, allows or encourage human and other sacrifices to evil being or for nothing, enabling other evil, disgusting abhorrent behavior, and can cause the wrath, damnation by the all mighty.
Shroud of Turin made with billions of WATTS on cloth, cant be replicated according to science. Along bible prophecies, What evidence you of "other believes" have equal or surpass them as the true teaching to eternal life?!
Yahusha(Jesus) words:Matthew 7:24 “Therefore, whosoever hear these sayings of Mine and does them, I will liken a wise man...
Matthew 5:17-19 (On the laws/Tora and Prophets)
"...whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Old 13-08-2023, 10:53 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
The Vikings played a major roll in the spread of Christianity. Where would Christianity be without them?

Nothing can thwart Gods will. He would make sure his 1 christian religion would be worldwide without fail, and it is. I dont think there were any real christians when the vikings were around. Jesus' religion was murdered along with the apostles and followers, This rose up in its place-2Thess 2:3= the great apostasy. The protestants fixed little. Here in these last days Jesus' 1 religion came back.
Old 14-08-2023, 05:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Nothing can thwart Gods will. He would make sure his 1 christian religion would be worldwide without fail, and it is. I dont think there were any real christians when the vikings were around

Christianity came way before the Vikings Keiw, so I'm 100% certain there were 'real' Christians around.
Just curious, but what is Gods 1 Christian Religion ? I personally didn't know God had a Religion.....
Old 14-08-2023, 10:14 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Christianity came way before the Vikings Keiw, so I'm 100% certain there were 'real' Christians around.
He most likely refers to these who obey Yahuha(YHWH) and Yahush's(Jesus) laws/instructions as true Christians. The distinction between these who are deceived or deceiving against these who have not been deceived.

Most were being wiped by persecution from Rome(later the Catholic Church) and Islam who are based on deceptions by false prophets. They altered the laws from god.
Quote:
Deuteronomy 4:2
You must not add to or subtract from what I command you, so that you may keep the commandments of Yahuha(YHWH) your god that I am giving you.

If I recall correctly it was mentioned that there would be survivors, "these times to be brief", but its still a question if they were in Vikings area's at the times were most weren't able to read or add access to scriptures let alone their unaltered versions.

If they knew and obeyed the laws, the events of the Black Plague would might not have been devastating as it was, cause there are laws concerning rats that could have prevent the plague carrying fleas from infecting.
Shroud of Turin made with billions of WATTS on cloth, cant be replicated according to science. Along bible prophecies, What evidence you of "other believes" have equal or surpass them as the true teaching to eternal life?!
Yahusha(Jesus) words:Matthew 7:24 “Therefore, whosoever hear these sayings of Mine and does them, I will liken a wise man...
Matthew 5:17-19 (On the laws/Tora and Prophets)
"...whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."