Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-04-2020, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I don't mind any of the 4. I guess it depends on the variables and situations.
I have probably done each one at the wrong time according to some.
I live and learn.

Same here.
My assumptions would be, that "we" as “indigenous peoples” would go for the option number 4.
Though I do work with the option no:1 a lot.

Old 22-04-2020, 06:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Just to give yous a choice to like one song or the other or both or neither …
Even though non-duality is the truth of our non-existence – paradoxically we are not the same and have different likes and dislikes …

Here is a tune I'd offer you in return, Irish/ Russian Fusion in my home town. Wouldn't mind a translation if anyone speaks Russian...the whole concert is on youtube and the sound quality is a little better than this one !!! but nevertheless that is my offering from me to you Be well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0yFMbXQE

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 22-04-2020, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Here is a tune I'd offer you in return, Irish/ Russian Fusion in my home town. Wouldn't mind a translation if anyone speaks Russian...the whole concert is on youtube and the sound quality is a little better than this one !!! but nevertheless that is my offering from me to you Be well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0yFMbXQE
Good on them!
I don’t speak Russian, so I can’t translate … and I don’t usually listen to the kind of music the Russian Otava Yo plays, but couldn’t help myself – they made me smile plus they do a mean Finnish Polkka lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zut9PzTqjHc

A bit of a metal head here as my highly strung nervous system needs to get all pumped up once in a while to let the steam out and the Mongolian Hu band is presently my favourite.

I’m also loving these, can get right into it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnSNfxjrwck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJcSFfz8rcU

& what has this got to do with Zen?
The roots of Zen apparently also being in Daoist thought, so I am all for letting go of the rational mind and using the intuitive intelligence of one’s nervous system guide the way to Wu Wei …..

Nothing like chanting yourself silly or dancing Samba to drums till dawn to clear the cobwebs away and loosen up …
Oh, and did those Rajneesh devotees know how to dance!

Old 22-04-2020, 02:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Good on them!
I don’t speak Russian, so I can’t translate … and I don’t usually listen to the kind of music the Russian Otava Yo plays, but couldn’t help myself – they made me smile plus they do a mean Finnish Polkka lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zut9PzTqjHc

A bit of a metal head here as my highly strung nervous system needs to get all pumped up once in a while to let the steam out and the Mongolian Hu band is presently my favourite.

I’m also loving these, can get right into it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnSNfxjrwck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJcSFfz8rcU

& what has this got to do with Zen?
The roots of Zen apparently also being in Daoist thought, so I am all for letting go of the rational mind and using the intuitive intelligence of one’s nervous system guide the way to Wu Wei …..

Nothing like chanting yourself silly or dancing Samba to drums till dawn to clear the cobwebs away and loosen up …
Oh, and did those Rajneesh devotees know how to dance!

Lovely Finnish Polka and great drums. Thanks. The question has got to be what has it not got to do with Zen ?

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 22-04-2020, 05:37 PM
Guide

The aim of Zen is the destruction or elimination of all conceptual thoughts and bring us to the immediate, unmitigated and uninterpreted experience. If something is said it is only factual reporting, nothing added, nothing removed.

What then needs to be said?
Old 23-04-2020, 06:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The aim of Zen is the destruction or elimination of all conceptual thoughts and bring us to the immediate, unmitigated and uninterpreted experience. If something is said it is only factual reporting, nothing added, nothing removed.

What then needs to be said?

Sitting this morning I wrote these words after ..maybe they give another angle or not on what you say.

Sitting this morning
My head like the inside
of an old train station
thoughts come and thoughts
go
lucky or unlucky for me,
no steam
coming from my ears yet !

Old 23-04-2020, 08:44 PM
Deactivated Account

I was thinking about how us humans make these machines, like take a tank for example, then we get inside of it and do things we could not do without the machine. We point the tank gun at a little house, push a button, and the tank totally blows up and destroys the little house. So we make machines and use them to do things we can't.

This human body is another machine we got into to do things we can't. (and made by us in the non-physical realm) With it's brain, appearance, memory, emotions, animal traits such as sex, hormones, and on and on, even the aging process is there and a part of the machine for a reason. It helps to create a story, to get the consciousness within ready to leave the body, as the body become broken in various ways as it ages.

So we are in this machine that is presenting a certain experience and reality, a context to live within, the thoughts and beliefs and all of that, relationships, but where am I going with this that relates to zen...!

Well ZEN is realizing none of this is me! All of it, or none of it...so say one recognizes this.... so the mouse gets off the treadmill....no more path, practices, teachings, teachers, something to seek, .... this is all content from this body and brain, this machine, designed to present all this stuff to hypnotize us to it's reality. But then we wake up.

We step completely out of the "game" manufactured by our brains/minds. So then what! Well life is mysterious and I'm still in the body. But it's like being in a new universe to explore. What really is water!? What is it's taste? Why is it transparent! Every moment becomes ...um......yea I don't know of any words.... it's just better... everything is better.... quiet, still, connected, harmonious....awe inspiring.... vast.... the sky starts right here at my feet and goes up without end.... infinite! Infinite yet I am here looking up... I am in the infinite!.......

A unique human is a myth. Someone somewhere is exactly like you, a few variations, but dang similar....so this self we think is important and unique...that we have created though thought and experience...ya not unique... not special, can be dropped, it was a good fit for awhile... it was a fascinating thing to create and work on, like a book we love, or like a room.... a room we elaborately decorated with painstaking detail...but still a room.... and outside our room which is me is a whole new world to explore and become acquainted with.
Old 23-04-2020, 09:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Having no destination, I am never lost." — Ikkyu
Old 24-04-2020, 05:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
A unique human is a myth. Someone somewhere is exactly like you, a few variations, but dang similar....so this self we think is important and unique...that we have created though thought and experience...ya not unique... not special, can be dropped, it was a good fit for awhile... it was a fascinating thing to create and work on, like a book we love, or like a room.... a room we elaborately decorated with painstaking detail...but still a room.... and outside our room which is me is a whole new world to explore and become acquainted with.
Non-duality is part and parcel of Zen as well.
The uniqueness is in the paradoxality of it.
How within emptiness/nothing everything is present and arises in unique ways.
In the spirit of “oneness” diversity is celebrated – not sameness.

Old 24-04-2020, 07:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Having no destination, I am never lost." — Ikkyu