Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Master
epiphany

I've learned something important today. How to subject my ego and what happens when I do.

When I re-prioritize the importance of my own life my level of consciousness changes.

So when I put my own survival above all others, I act from my lowest and mose base level of consciousness.

when I put the survival of my close friends and family above my own, I act from a little bit higher level of consciousness and my ego is subjected.

when I put the survival of all above my own, I act from my highest level of consciousness and my ego is practically obliterated.

I've experienced this before, climbing a mountain of consciousness, but I never thought anything of it in the past because the sensation of self was always the same. I never felt different or changed, not in any real or significant way no matter if I was at the top of the mountain or underneath it. I may have acted differently, said different things, felt differently, but my identity, my I AM-ness never changed. I guess that is what I've been looking for for so long and why I rejected so many higher states before, I've always wanted something that feels different than just me.

I guess there is no way to avoid feeling like me, to avoid being me. Even when I obliterate or subject my ego, there is still a sensation of I am, and that sensation is the same feeling as what i feel right now (operating from my base/ego state).

I just had to share this thought with someone
Old 10-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
when I put the survival of all above my own, I act from my highest level of consciousness and my ego is practically obliterated.
What do you think your ego is and what does it do?

Spirituality has a penchant for redefining words and 'ego' is another word that's been redefined, usually it's portrayed as the root of all evil. Jung (who spent a lot of time studying what's in peole's heads) defines the ego as "A sense of I am." Personally I'd rather listen to Jung than what's being said the the forms. There is always a sense of 'I Am', because if there wasn't you'd become unhinged in reality, essentially. It would be a bit like floating around in darkness with no sense of 'I'm here, you're there'.

The highest level of consciousness would be to take 'survival' out of the equation because it's never about survival, survival is a Jungian archetype of the collective unconscious that has no place when you consider what we are supposed to be - eternal beings, etc.

Quote:
I guess that is what I've been looking for for so long and why I rejected so many higher states before, I've always wanted something that feels different than just me.
This is where the misconception kicks in, you're looking for something external to/other than yourself and if you think that going through the motions is going to bring you to those higher levels of consciousness, what's happening is you're keeping yourself down. Gandhi said "You have to be the changes you want to see."

It's called 'Kamma-Vipaka', very briefly it's the result of intention and it's your intention that's important. If you take an action with the intention of being of a higher consciousness level that's your version of ego kicking in. The dialogue you're having with yourself is that you're telling yourself you're on a lower level of consciousness because you need to be on a higher one. Conflict, you're 'here' and disgruntled about it and you want to be 'there' instead of being in harmony with as to why you're 'here'. If you were meant to be on a higher state of consciousness you would be, it's that simple. Acting from a higher level of consciousness is like going to church on Sunday and thinking it makes you 'holier than thou'.

If you act not for the reward of higher consciousness but because you're an all-round nice guy and you're acting out of Love/betterment of all you're talking vibrations, and that's where it all changes. When your vibrations actually are higher (you don't just say they are, that doesn't count) the Universe reflects that back at you and it feels good. If it feels the same, your technique needs a rethink.

Ego is never obliterated and there's no such thing as 'ego death', all that happens is that what you've attributed to the ego simply becomes integrated into your Shadow Self and it'll bite you on the backside, because what's in the Shadow Self only gets bigger and meaner in the darkness. Like you getting ticked at your 'I Am-ness' not changing, and what happens is that it perpetuates your paradigm of not being all that you'd like to dream of yourself as being.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:27 PM
Master
Quote:
I've learned something important today. How to subject my ego and what happens when I do.

When I re-prioritize the importance of my own life my level of consciousness changes.

So when I put my own survival above all others, I act from my lowest and mose base level of consciousness.

when I put the survival of my close friends and family above my own, I act from a little bit higher level of consciousness and my ego is subjected.

I've experienced this before, climbing a mountain of consciousness, but I never thought anything of it in the past because the sensation of self was always the same. I never felt different or changed, not in any real or significant way no matter if I was at the top of the mountain or underneath it. I may have acted differently, said different things, felt differently, but my identity, my I AM-ness never changed. I guess that is what I've been looking for for so long and why I rejected so many higher states before, I've always wanted something that feels different than just me.

I guess there is no way to avoid feeling like me, to avoid being me. Even when I obliterate or subject my ego, there is still a sensation of I am, and that sensation is the same feeling as what i feel right now (operating from my base/ego state).

I just had to share this thought with someone

Sounds good.

Within the inclusiveness of all as one, you are the "one" inclusive of all in you who walks and leads himself.. As I experience it, its like, I am the emptiness dancing, but consciously aware of myself as the stream of inclusiveness/all life within me.. this allows you too still be you and experience yourself, just the unified energy leads itself aware..Ending (Perceived) separation means you won't separate yourself out as the "whole", otherwise your still functioning through your own perceived separation and not through you as "the whole complete"..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 11-02-2018, 02:58 AM
Master

I subscribe to another model of Reality, in which each one of us creates their own reality, and "prioritizing" others before yourself doesn't make sense. What makes sense is to open a communication path with your higher self, the one who initiated, and overlooks your current physical life.

Focusing on joy brings more joy. Focusing on lack of joy brings more lack of joy. When you experience positive emotions, your thoughts are in harmony with the purpose of your life. When you experience negative emotions, your aren't in harmony. Most people aren't in harmony, hence most people waste their incarnations with little, if any, of their planned growth.