Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 06-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Indra

Where Do You Meditate?

I'm always interested to know where people meditate, where that special place is that you can just let go.

I've always wanted to be able to go outside, maybe a beach or under a big old tree but circumstances prohibit that and it sometimes makes me sad. I don't drive, I have a toddler with me 24/7 and the glorious UK climate isn't really comfortable to sit for a few hours in :)

So, for me, it's my bed. I love my bed, it reflects my favourite time of the day, time to sleep! Even sitting on it relaxes me! I meditate when I get the chance but at least once a day, I'd love to be able to set a regular time but toddlers don't nap on command, lol.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Master
i go thru stages of doing meditations on a regular basis then i go thru stages of not lol

but when i do meditate i have built a pyramid with long bamboo (the four corners and four floor sides) with a comfy chair... :)
Old 06-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
I have 2 ways of meditating. One is I lie down relaxed and flat, either on the bed or on the floor. One of my best meditations was after coming in on a cold day, and just lying on the floor in my thick coat (don't do lotus positions!)
Another one which works surprisingly well! -is while walking. But that is a different kind of meditation. I use that for grounding, centering, breathing rhythms, and raising Heart chakra energies.
And I have special places where I like to do that such as certain fields or the orchard where I live.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Master
Honest to god? In the bathtub. Water helps.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:23 AM
He-man

I meditate at work on my lunchbreak or in my bedroom or living room. They all yield the same results :)
Old 07-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Indra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Honest to god? In the bathtub. Water helps.

I totally agree!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Deactivated Account
In a chair in the same corner of my bedroom next to my crystals, Buddha cards and other spiritual things. I have to make it formal otherwise I'll simply drift off into a daydream and won't do it.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Experiencer

On my bed sitting half lotus, but usually I get pushed forward laying on my stomach, or pushed back laying on my back.

Stand up meditation is neat, as I do it before I exercise. It seems like it improves my lower body circulation & balance. Sometimes it feels like my feet are melted to the floor, or I have magnetic feet.