Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 24-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
Another dark ghostly tale from the Border.

If you are of a sensitive disposition, read no further !

Now, I am sure that you have all seen Braveheart. Well this tale comes from those times. Edward 1st [ Edward Longshanks ], The Hammer of the Scots, was attempting to put down William Wallace's rebellion. In the front line was the Chillingham Castle in the Border country. The lord of the castle was John Sage, a fierce fighter and also Edward's chief torturer. Many Scottish prisoners ended their days in agony within the castle walls, and William Wallace himself was imprisoned there prior to being taken to London. The castle is haunted end to end and is one of "Britain's Most Haunted". Over the years, there have been many sightings including in the oubliette. This is a bottle shaped dungeon where prisoners were thrown and then left to die. Ghost Hunters investigating this location have been subjected to the cries of a child in great pain inside this dungeon and the sight of the remains of a child at the bottom of the oubliette. The cells in the main dungeon block have scratches on the walls keeping a record of how long prisoners had been there. Next to the dungeons is the torture chamber with all the instruments fully restored and terror oozes from the walls. It is the last place many thousands of Scots ever saw. It is said that Sage tortured about 50 people a week during his three-year tenure. There are many web sites devoted to Chillingham Castle and it's gristly past. Even the superb grounds are not to be recommended during night time. There were witch hangings and burnings in the woods.

To end on a happier note, Chillingham Castle estate is a walled estate and it has a herd of cattle which dates back to medieval times and are said to be the original wild cattle of Britain in a pure form. Look them up too.
The soil in my area is well nourished with blood over the millenia - Celts, Romans, Saxons, Norse all contributed their share.
Sweet Dreams !

Last edited by norseman : 24-02-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 24-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Deviahn_Dow

That's actually really interesting. I have a sick fascination with places like these. Graveyards don't do it for me but when I lived in Austin, there was a haunted church that all the kids would go to and tell those stupid stories and dare eachother to go in. Let me tell you, I went in that church every dare I got and I would stay. It was creepy as all get out, now that I remember it, more but for some reason, something was always extremely inviting in it. It called you in but if you went into the chapel, it was terrifying. It was just an old church, to any little street kid. It looked like an old curch, pews and the crucifix and the pulpit... but there was something seriously sinister about that chapel.

Last year, I was at andersonville POW cemetary on a conservation project and we actually slept inside the recreated walls of where the prinsoners were kept. We wandered the cemetary and we event did "ghost walks". It was really cool because if you had any sensativity at all, you could feel so much around you that it was like walking into a room filled with static electricity.
I would love to visit more places such as these, when I'm older.
Old 24-02-2011, 04:17 PM
CJ82Sky

Deviahn Dow - are you referring to a gremlin or demon? i always believed gargoyles to be good creatures to scare away evil (which is why they are on church spires and what not).

as for cemeteries, i've had my share of experiences. i found my current guide in one - and his grave and all - when i was a freshman in college. then months later walking out of that same cemetery me and a friend heard someone yell "GET OUT" at us. it was most certainly not human and i'm pretty sure it was some sort of gremlin or demon bc it was too strong to be a negative entity on its own. anyway as soon as we heard that my friend says to me why is your hand on my shoulder? i told her i was about to ask her the same thing. and then i head jacob my guide say - it's me, im right behind you - it can't get to you, just keep walking do NOT run, cross the bridge and you will be safe.... yeah cemetery even has a bridge and a stream and all. creepy place!

then i've also been to sleepy hollow cemetery (yes like the headless horsemen) and find it incredibly peaceful. there aren't many ghosts there. it's huge so there are a few, but not a ton and the ones i have encountered seem to be relatively calm.
Old 24-02-2011, 08:51 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
If you are of a sensitive disposition, read no further !

Now, I am sure that you have all seen Braveheart. Well this tale comes from those times. Edward 1st [ Edward Longshanks ], The Hammer of the Scots, was attempting to put down William Wallace's rebellion. In the front line was the Chillingham Castle in the Border country. The lord of the castle was John Sage, a fierce fighter and also Edward's chief torturer. Many Scottish prisoners ended their days in agony within the castle walls, and William Wallace himself was imprisoned there prior to being taken to London. The castle is haunted end to end and is one of "Britain's Most Haunted". Over the years, there have been many sightings including in the oubliette. This is a bottle shaped dungeon where prisoners were thrown and then left to die. Ghost Hunters investigating this location have been subjected to the cries of a child in great pain inside this dungeon and the sight of the remains of a child at the bottom of the oubliette. The cells in the main dungeon block have scratches on the walls keeping a record of how long prisoners had been there. Next to the dungeons is the torture chamber with all the instruments fully restored and terror oozes from the walls. It is the last place many thousands of Scots ever saw. It is said that Sage tortured about 50 people a week during his three-year tenure. There are many web sites devoted to Chillingham Castle and it's gristly past. Even the superb grounds are not to be recommended during night time. There were witch hangings and burnings in the woods.

To end on a happier note, Chillingham Castle estate is a walled estate and it has a herd of cattle which dates back to medieval times and are said to be the original wild cattle of Britain in a pure form. Look them up too.
The soil in my area is well nourished with blood over the millenia - Celts, Romans, Saxons, Norse all contributed their share.
Sweet Dreams !

what cool stuff norseman, castle have always held a special place in my heart and I just love to hear stories about them. I have heard of Chillingham Castle, actually I think I saw it on an episode of Ghost Hunters. I really enjoy Ghost Hunters International a little bit more because of the history tied to the places.
Old 24-02-2011, 08:56 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
Deviahn Dow - are you referring to a gremlin or demon? i always believed gargoyles to be good creatures to scare away evil (which is why they are on church spires and what not).

as for cemeteries, i've had my share of experiences. i found my current guide in one - and his grave and all - when i was a freshman in college. then months later walking out of that same cemetery me and a friend heard someone yell "GET OUT" at us. it was most certainly not human and i'm pretty sure it was some sort of gremlin or demon bc it was too strong to be a negative entity on its own. anyway as soon as we heard that my friend says to me why is your hand on my shoulder? i told her i was about to ask her the same thing. and then i head jacob my guide say - it's me, im right behind you - it can't get to you, just keep walking do NOT run, cross the bridge and you will be safe.... yeah cemetery even has a bridge and a stream and all. creepy place!

then i've also been to sleepy hollow cemetery (yes like the headless horsemen) and find it incredibly peaceful. there aren't many ghosts there. it's huge so there are a few, but not a ton and the ones i have encountered seem to be relatively calm.

CJ82Sky and Deviahn Dow, boy these are some creepy experiences. I don't know very much about either gargoyles or gremlins. I did hear though that gargoyles were suppose to be used for protection of the buildings they were on. I never understood way they looked so evil though? What is a gremlin exactly?
Old 25-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I have heard differing views about spirits in graveyards. Some say that spirits do not hang around graveyards and yet I have heard others say they have seen spirits in graveyards. What are your views on this subject? Have you had any personal experiences in a graveyard with a spirit?

nightowl

Hello

That is all dependent really on the Spirit and whom might there for them to come and sit with.

If one is going to a graveyard to say do a paranormal invetigation then I would stronly err on the side of cautions and protections. At times lower level Ghosts ( this is one that has not made the transition to the Light ( Earth bound ) that might well come in. ) It is something to be wary about.

If one is going to a gravesite with pure intentions of visiting a lost LOVEd one them many a time one does feel or sense them there. They do not hang around there but do sense ye there and will come in.

Many times I have gone by a graveyard that I walk past and I will see a person dropping off flowers or a gift and I too see their LOVed on there with them. At times I have taken a picture that migh well show a pressence there with them in energy form. Its a touching moment.

The Graveyard is a resting place not so much I feel for the one passed but for the one's left living. Its a blessed place to go and see one's LOVed one and know that they are at rest. Too for me its a hard place to enter into as Spirit senses I can see and hear them so I find it hard to focus in one.

For that reason ( if me wishes are respected ) me body goes to a university not in the ground.

Lynn
Old 25-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Deviahn_Dow

CJ82SKY, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a gremlin or a demon because my previous experiences with gargoyles have always been quite peaceful and serene. So long as you have no mal-intent, they are quite kind. But something about this one, when I got to that carving, I just had to leave. I'm not sure if I missed something or wasn't paying attention to something else. Perhaps it was protecting me from something. I don't know but it was one of my more chilling experiences.