Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 15-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
Dear Gem,I understand what you are saying ,its like say an indigenous community or any culture for that fact will have created there own way of connecting with the divine. Its an obvious requirement of the spirit for life on earth for many of us. It seems perhaps maybe I dont know but you may have a particular dislike of christianity for personal reasons. To me and many others the cross symbol stands for love and hope and peace, which is what Jesus taught, and is not exclusive but inclusive by this.

I only use Christianity as an example because that's the religion and culture I was raised in, but I hate or love all religions equally depending on the context, and don't discriminate one from any other.

Quote:
When I say I am born of hurt and privilege without dragging up my past ,I mean that my upbringing was spiritually empty and with abuse although there was a type of love there and the privilege comes from being in a western country with all of its material wealth.

My upbringing was Christian, but not necessarily spiritually rich, and also entailed quite adverse situations.

Quote:
I have suffered from this as much as anyone and there are many of us ,I was atheist for many years and while I always tried to do the best I could I just didnt have enough structure or support ,as I was surviving and living a life of a lost little girl ,this can not be sustained and eventually life as I knew it fell apart, my hubby also from chronic abuse and a self abusing alcoholic and drug user as well as abusing me cause thats I guess all I knew,Look we had some good stable times but you would not believe half of my experiences only to say they were soul destroying over a 20yr period. Jesus has and continues to save my life and my husbands and childrens, we now live a drug and alcohol free life and he is at Uni, me Im still in spiritual recovery our children dont have to endure the horrors of broken selfish parents any more ,although they were never directly hurt they saw and experienced way too much.

Cool. Sounds like things are looking up.

Quote:
The good old Aussie culture of have another beer shell be right mate is gone from our minds and replaced with effort that is reinforced and supported through the teachings and spirit of Jesus ,so fishes on cars you see may you know that some people have come a long way and have found sanctuary. My neighbour who is in housing drinks smokes and yells and swears at her poor defenceless children mercessly ,But how can I judge she obviously is stuck in a pattern of abuse ,But I do pray for her and her kids that she will one day find what she needs for happiness for us its been Jesus and I thank God for Him and his way everyday .Amen

Well, you get all sorts and not every one copes well, but they have their life paths that lead to where they go and generally make the most of what they know. What we're raised in becomes what is normal for us, but in time those thought processes and behaviours don't work anymore, and we are impelled to change.