Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 27-01-2013, 02:39 PM
MysticalPuffin

FANTASTIC Curly Hair Homemade Gel recipe

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post some of my yummy recipes that I have collected, tried and tested for you! All natural and homemade and your curls will love you!
Old 27-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Gracey

i have curly hair, i would love to know your concoctions. thank you! my hair has dried out as i have gotten older.
Old 27-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Master
Sure! I'd love to check them out. My hair is very curly and so hard to manage. I was checking out ingredients for 'organic' shampoos and such, to avoid the silicone that seems to be a prevalent ingredient these days. Each of them had ethelyne glycol listed. Ethelyne glycol is ANTIFREEZE. It boggles the mind, how that can be listed as organic.

Old 27-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Gracey

good grief, i just went and checked my shampoos and they have antifreeze in them, i had no idea.
Old 27-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Master
I know, it's just ridiculous some of the ingredients that are in these products.

If you're looking for something to moisturize your hair Gracey, I've had good luck with Pantene Silky Whip (Moisturizer & Styler). I don't know if you have it there but y'all usually have way more options than we do. It's in a mousse shape bottle, y'know? It makes a big difference, bigger than I had expected.

Old 28-01-2013, 01:41 AM
MysticalPuffin

Alright soooo...

I actually found a wonderful variation of this recipe here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaH8GIbLrM

She explains it better than I do.
The variation I have is the essential oils and I used a slightly different ratio of Flaxseeds (hers turns out a little thicker than mine)

It's actually VERY good because it holds without any horrible ingredients, completely customisable and SOO cheap!

Give it a shot.