Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
You are both very welcome!

I am a certified natural health consultant and botanical.com is a valuable resource that I often recommend.

Doing your homework is a very practical practice. Roots, Herbs, and Botanicals have many wonderful healing properties--however--you never know when something might do you more harm than good--because of some current medication you might be taking--or (perhaps) a chronic medical condition.

Example: nettle leaf is a wonderful nutritive and has other healing gifts--
but it is (also) a hypoglycemic that can lower blood sugar significantly and is (therefore) inadvisable for those who have hypoglycemia-- or are diabetics on an insulin regiment.

Peace and Love on your paths to Total Healing...

Blessed be...

Any healing advice for Lyme Disease? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:48 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings WhiteShaman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Any healing advice for Lyme Disease? It would be greatly appreciated.

Please allow me some time to research this topic in my books and I will get back to you (a.s.a.p.).
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Please allow me some time to research this topic in my books and I will get back to you (a.s.a.p.).

Thank you.........
Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings White Shaman:

Thank you for being patient with me.

I found nothing in my books and (therefore) did some online research at a non-profit site: lymeinfo.net .

Unfortunately--the allopathic treatment of prescribed antibiotics MUST continue.

Naturopathy comes into play by helping to counter-act the imbalance that is created by the meds.

This site has extensive resources and all cannot be posted here.

However--you can begin by treating the imbalance w/ a Magnesium Protocol.

Magnesium Malate--200mg--6 times per day

Sublingual B6--12 mg--6 times per day

Selenium--12 mcg--6 times per day

Beta Glucans and Acidophalus

and it is suggested that B1 is helpful.

Now--it is highly recommended that you indulge in a diet that is high in alkaline--low in acid--and free of sugars, starch, yeast, all white foods, and dairy products.

There are antifugal herbs suggested (as well) in the Candida section--I would add Rosemary to the list--rosemeric acid has strong antifungal properties--cook with it whenever possible.

Lots of garlic and onion is a great idea--too.

I like the reading list and these are the two I am going to purchase (personally);

Healing Lyme: Natural Healing & Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis & Its Coinfections by Stephen Harrod Buhner (copywrite 2005)

Lyme Disease Alternative Medicine Can Help
by Hannelore Helbing-Sheafe, Ph.D. (copywrite 2004).

The latter was written by someone who is combating this disease and (also) has an Alternative Medicinal Practice--really looking forward to that one.

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing...

Blessed be...
Old 09-11-2012, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for being patient with me.

I found nothing in my books and (therefore) did some online research at a non-profit site: lymeinfo.net .

Unfortunately--the allopathic treatment of prescribed antibiotics MUST continue.

Naturopathy comes into play by helping to counter-act the imbalance that is created by the meds.

This site has extensive resources and all cannot be posted here.

However--you can begin by treating the imbalance w/ a Magnesium Protocol.

Magnesium Malate--200mg--6 times per day

Sublingual B6--12 mg--6 times per day

Selenium--12 mcg--6 times per day

Beta Glucans and Acidophalus

and it is suggested that B1 is helpful.

Now--it is highly recommended that you indulge in a diet that is high in alkaline--low in acid--and free of sugars, starch, yeast, all white foods, and dairy products.

There are antifugal herbs suggested (as well) in the Candida section--I would add Rosemary to the list--rosemeric acid has strong antifungal properties--cook with it whenever possible.

Lots of garlic and onion is a great idea--too.

I like the reading list and these are the two I am going to purchase (personally);

Healing Lyme: Natural Healing & Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis & Its Coinfections by Stephen Harrod Buhner (copywrite 2005)

Lyme Disease Alternative Medicine Can Help
by Hannelore Helbing-Sheafe, Ph.D. (copywrite 2004).

The latter was written by someone who is combating this disease and (also) has an Alternative Medicinal Practice--really looking forward to that one.

Blessed be...
Thank you very much. However, the use of antibiotic is not normally continual, So with that being the case, are the diet and recommendations still valid? In other words there is no imbalance due to meds so do the recommendations still apply?
Thanks again, it was very kind of you to do this research for me.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings White Shaman:

I have heard two theories--the first is that this disease must be combatted w/ antibiotics and it is an on-going regiment--the second is that some people do eventually recover.

I would strongly suggest reading the second book and (also) seeking the advice of an allopathic physician.

If you are no longer in need of the meds--then that would indicate to me that your body was strong enough to conquer this ailment--but only your doctor can actually confirm that fact through testing. If (in fact) you are free of the disease--then there is no need for the suppliment regiment--or the strict diet.

Are you still having symptoms?

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
I have heard two theories--the first is that this disease must be combatted w/ antibiotics and it is an on-going regiment--the second is that some people do eventually recover.

I would strongly suggest reading the second book and (also) seeking the advice of an allopathic physician.

If you are no longer in need of the meds--then that would indicate to me that your body was strong enough to conquer this ailment--but only your doctor can actually confirm that fact through testing. If (in fact) you are free of the disease--then there is no need for the suppliment regiment--or the strict diet.

Are you still having symptoms?

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra

No it is not like that at all. If you catch it early, while in the blood stream, the antibiotics have a good chance of killing it. If not, it goes deep into the bodies cells and either hides or comes out to cause havoc. It cannot be combated by antibiotics while hiding in the bodies tissues. Antibiotics is a short term course of action.
So symptoms come and go and basically, there is nothing you can do about it to get rid of it. It is like herpes.
I seek a natural treatment to keep it at bay and/or to lessen the symptoms when it becomes active.....such as lightheadedness, breathing problems, weakness, etc.
Thanks again for all you have done. I appreciate it.
One treatment is RIFE. It is a way of matching the requency of the disease to a machine which essentially vibrates it dead. It is an ongoing process but one I am skeptical about and insurance does not pay for it. Any expereince with this RIFE?
James
Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings James:

I am sorry to say that I have no experience w/ this disease (at all).

However--I am going to purchase the second book (as it is written by a practicing Holistic Healer--who suffers from this ailment) and learn all I can.

My practice has been limited to teas blended from herbs, botanicals, and roots--suppliments--nutrition--Yoga--TaiChi--Reiki--Aromatherapy--and Meditation.

I hope that you will try this book (as well) and that you find something to help better control your symptoms.

Blessed be...
Old 13-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
I am sorry to say that I have no experience w/ this disease (at all).

However--I am going to purchase the second book (as it is written by a practicing Holistic Healer--who suffers from this ailment) and learn all I can.

My practice has been limited to teas blended from herbs, botanicals, and roots--suppliments--nutrition--Yoga--TaiChi--Reiki--Aromatherapy--and Meditation.

I hope that you will try this book (as well) and that you find something to help better control your symptoms.

Blessed be...

Thank you LadyTerra for trying.......
Old 13-11-2012, 05:42 PM
LadyTerra

I am still trying--and here is what I have found out from the Mayo Clinic and CDC websites...

From the CDC;

It seems that 10 to 20% of infected patients have a genetic pre-disposition to an auto-immune reaction--which generally clears-up on its own within 6 months to 1 year.

The symptoms are similar to the Flu and my LUPUS--
aching joints, sporatic fever, fatigue, and irritability.

There is still some question as to whether (or not) some of the bacteria may linger in the system (during this period)--so they are still testing and experimenting.

They believe it is more likely that this disease can cause residual damage to tissues and the immune system (in general)--until the body has had sufficient time to heal completely and additional rounds of anti-biotics are not prescribed (at present).

The Mayo Clinic goes one step farther and warns that if you are studing alternatives in Naturopathic treatments--Post Treatment Lyme Disease Patients should avoid Bismacine Injections. They believe that Bismuth Metal is cumulative and can lead to kidney and heart failure.

However--you can use basic Holistic techniques to support your body's natural healing process and ease your symptoms as follows;

**The following is how I treat my LUPUS and after 31 years of living with this chronic illness I am still fully functioning and self-sufficient.**

I avoid OTCs as much as possible--due to unpleasant side effects.

I use B Complex once per day (early morning--after breakfast)--
to combat fatigue--and make it a practice to get close to 8 hours of sleep each night.

I use Tumeric capsules to combat inflammation and decrease joint pain.

I use Acidophalus to support healthy digestion.

I avoid succrose, fried foods, and limit red meat, dairy, alcohol, soy, pre-processed foods, and white starchy foods.

I eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, chicken, fish, home made soups, whole grains, brown rice.

I use aromatherapy and long baths to reduce stress and ease aching muscles.

I drink a cup of Scullcap/Peppermint Tea--my own blend--
for severe muscle contractions and wheezing--while in the bath (if possible)--but never before driving!

I need to do a better job of actually performing my Yoga routine (daily).

I use deep breathing and affirmations to re-center myself following a stressful day at the office--or family drama!

Think on some of these for a while and feel free to PM me--
if you would like to ask questions--or share in any way.

Blessed be...