Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 24-09-2012, 09:27 AM
ShamanBird

Post rhinoplaty/septoplasty and post surgical depression...?

I got surgery August 22nd. I had a very very very very bad deviated septum. Doc says it was very bad. Everything was blocked up, nose was broken, had chipped pieces of bone just sitting in the sinuses. It was a 5 and 1/2 hour. Surgery. I can now say my nose is pretty damn straight and breathable but doc says its still extreamly swollen and won't go down for a few months (4-6 months approx). With that said, I realize that my offical nose so to speak, will look Better than what it looks like now.

I'm just super depressed. I look in the mirror ad on the left side of the tip there is a bump and its bigger than the other side of the tip. I'm dreaking out and thinking 'this is it. This is how my nose is gunna look. This wasn't worth it.'. Logically this isn't true. But I am depressed so there is no way of saying otherwise :P.

My question is- what can I take from the health food store that is readily available? I'm already on marshmallow root and seaweed, iodine , and piperine extract. Every night I lather on the neosporin. I'm assuming the bump in the tip is just swelling because it was the nose job where they totally overlap your nose upward you know? Like pull it back I guess. And the surgeon was saying how he put some sorta thing on that tip area to support it and keep it from raising I guess but then after he sewed it up he didn't like how it looked in me so he had to unsew it and Re-stitch that area. So idk. I'm angry, depressed, confused and just blah and every emotion you can have, I got all at once. What can I take for the swelling and emotional problems? Self esteem included.

thanks....
Old 30-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Master

Shamanbird what a terrible trauma to have to go through. Please know that anaesthetics - in my view - can have a strong effect on the psyche and your body has gone through a severe battering. Be very very kind to yourself. I haven't got any specific thoughts as to what you can do other than be very very patient, it is early days after the operation although it probably feels like forever with you.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:01 AM
ShamanBird

i've been taking st.johns wort, Shen herbs, and chinese trauma herbs. ill tell ya this- with st.johns wort, you take a pill, and about 10 minutes later your head tingles and BAM huge release of serotonin and you are HAPPY haha. im trying to heal and get better with the support of friends and girls. this surgery has really made me more vocal. i have helped a girl who is depressed everyday. made her a native american medicine bag full of citrine, amethyst, quartz and rose quartz. also printed out cute lyrics for her and made a bracelet saying "sunshine", with those Kandi raver beads on them. also told her she meant a lot to me. and i am helping severely special education disabled kids every day with work. things are looking bright for me, i just need this self esteem to go up. :) that or have the ego go away maybe? not sure! but post surgical depression SUCKS :P
Old 06-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Master

Indeed post surgical depression does suck, but it does heal.

I can't take St. John's Wort as it affects a medication I take. It sounds powerful. But it does sound as if you have hit a creative phase which might have been waiting to burst out?

Take care
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 PM
ShamanBird

somethings goin on, thats all i know! :)
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Master
Vitamin C is the best all-round healer, particularly taken with bioflavenoids. I would recommend at least a few grams taken throughout the day.
Lecithin is very good for prevention of excessive calcium deposits and bone spurs.

Green tea is calming, & other natural anti-inflammatory herbs can be used. They should be taken as infusions (teas), not in capsule form, ideally.

I would avoid all future surgical alterations except as medically necessary, if at all possible.

For combatting mild depression, IMO caffeine & chocolate are the best, within reason ;)

All strong herbal treatments, like all OTC or prescription treatments, may have real physical & emotional side effects that may or may not be problematic for you.

I would recommend finding a good ayurvedic blend for stress, energy, and mood regulation that is designed to be taken daily & long term with few or no side effects. Something that has stood the test of time for millenia. Capsule form is usually fine here.

All the best in your recovery!

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-10-2012, 04:00 AM
ShamanBird

i've been taking Shen chinese herbs for the depression stuff, also st.johns wort. once in a while ill pop a vitamin C pill if i feel its needed.

I take a ibuprofen only when im in severe pain.

i have been taking dragon herbs trauma injury pill internally then the trauma injury SPRAY externally, also this all natural essential oil jelly that has lots of menthol and stuff in it. its called joint and muscle jelly.

im also on Jing chinese herbs.

marshmallow root once in a while too.

believe it or not the gum i chew is all natural and contains soy lecithin.

i drink a mountain dew or pepsi which contains loads of caffeine, i just have to be careful so my dace doesnt break out! :P