Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 26-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Master
Gout

Now, don't all giggle ! Just gone through my third attack in 8 years. An excruciating problem to go through !
First two attacks, my GP prescribed Colchicine [ an extract of crocus I think] - very effective but also toxic - causes kidney damage]
This time, prescribed Cortico-Steroids which have worked OK but there must be an effective natural cure somewhere. Any ideas ?
Old 26-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Master
Ok, no too much beer or any alcohol, more of a vegetarian diet, or little meat as possible, plenty of fresh water, and not too much rich foods, just simple dishes with plenty of veges and salads, and they say that cherries are good as well.
Old 26-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Master
Be careful of how much beans and peas you intake as well as tofu products. Concentrated cherry juices, pineapple juice, and celery stalks and seed extracts. Fresh is best but sometimes it's just easier to eat fresh cherry, pineapple, and celery stalks.

http://www.best-gout-remedies.com/celerycuresgout.html

Celery reduces pain and is a diuretic. Eat 4 celery sticks per day if taken fresh.

Fresh pineapple is anti-inflammatory and has many health benefits.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025746_pi...Bromelain.html

Cherries are great for gout pain because it naturally reduces uric acid levels. Foods high in vitamin C like cherries will help. Fresh cherries, dried cherries, and concentrated cherry extracts are all good.

http://tbfrascone.hubpages.com/hub/C...-and-Gout-Pain

My father in law has severe gout and I make sure that aside from his Colchicine, he eats plenty of celery pills, cherry extract, and fresh pineapple. He takes 1 Colchicine pill a day and up to 5 pills a day during attacks. He already has poor renal function but there are no other meds that he can take for it due to severe allergies.

Have you tried different meds like Uloric? Talk to your doctor and find out about options.
Old 27-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Now, don't all giggle ! Just gone through my third attack in 8 years. An excruciating problem to go through !
First two attacks, my GP prescribed Colchicine [ an extract of crocus I think] - very effective but also toxic - causes kidney damage]
This time, prescribed Cortico-Steroids which have worked OK but there must be an effective natural cure somewhere. Any ideas ?

Gout is an ACIDIC condition which needs an organic alkaline diet as a base for healing. Ginkgo Biloba will aid in circulation needed to heal. Niacinamide will also aid circulation, up to 4x500 mg daily. Vitamin Code Calcium, Exercise daily, give up the ACID forming thoughts(negative, judgmental, fear, worry , etc.).

Cod Liver Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, all uncooked! Cold pressed, first pressing, one teaspoon with each meal.

Spring Water, 6-8 cups day, Herbal Teas count as cup of water.....
Old 28-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Master
Here's this informative site about natural treatments for gout and other health issues, including the apple cider vinegar cleanse.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/gout.html#TED

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 28-08-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 28-08-2012, 01:19 AM
iolite

Cherries are an old gout remedy. You can drink cherry juice or eat them fresh, canned, frozen or dried ... doesn't matter. Hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 30-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Master
Thank you all for suggestions. Condition now eased with steroids but I am now better informed j.i.c.
As a retired Industrial Chemist, I should have been able to work out the cure myself. Cherries are not over-abundant in UK so I wonder if any acid fruit will work as an acid buffer [thinking lemons, limes]
Old 31-08-2012, 01:03 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Thank you all for suggestions. Condition now eased with steroids but I am now better informed j.i.c.
As a retired Industrial Chemist, I should have been able to work out the cure myself. Cherries are not over-abundant in UK so I wonder if any acid fruit will work as an acid buffer [thinking lemons, limes]

No, I don't think so. But blueberries I think will substitute or any fruit that contains anthyocyanins.
Old 31-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Master
norseman... Achieving acid-alkaline balance in the body is important for so many functions in our well being. You would need to make more changes than just adding cherries or lemons to your diet, although adding calcium and a trace mineral liquid supplement can help a great deal.

I recommend two books on the subject: "Reverse Aging" by Sang Whang, and "Alkalize or Die" by T.A. Baroody.

Xan

Old 31-08-2012, 03:59 AM
All of the above and in one day taking Omega 3's and
A client said it was gone.
:)

When the body is sending a pain message...it is not saying,
"I need steroids or aspirin..."
It's out of whack...it's up to us to find what is it asking for
To get back in balance.
(The message it is sending us is not, "I need radiation or I need
Chemicals."... Just sayin ."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru