Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 16-02-2012, 11:54 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I wrote some things in my OP

One thing I did discover is how I was eating and drinking for emotional reasons rather than just for physical nourishment. I was consuming far in excess of what my body needs. I didnt realize how little it needs to survive..

I broke the chain with junk food and alcohol cravings ( I usually drink a couple of glases of wine every couple of days).

That one really surprised me how that worked. Who would have thought something so simple would do that.

Like you said there is a freedom after, and about day 4 its really trippy when you are all glassy eyed, actually I really liked it in some ways it was fun at the time.

Pretty much what you wrote too.

I was so clear headed after it.

For some reason when you eat solid foood again there is a massive expelling of something yukky out of you and there is a few hurried trips to the tiolet involved. I am not sure why that happens but it does.

I forgot how glassy eyed I had become during that time. But more so, perhaps from a deepening relationship with God, I came to a new found understanding of one's sin nature. I think, in all sincerity, when we come closer to God, the more we become aware of this lifestyle, that is in closer proximity to our Holy God.

For me it was like reentering into the earth's atmosphere, where I began to burn up while approaching the surface. It was like that when approaching God.

In the fast I was fed by the words of our Lord, through study of scripture, and like you, had received a greater clarity and insight of Scripture.

I went three days without food and water, then two weeks without food but with water. Then the fast broke, but I abstained from meat for almost two months. I ended up hospitalized, I took things way to far, but I had to know!

Thanks for sharing your experience L.Worker!
Old 17-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
I forgot how glassy eyed I had become during that time. But more so, perhaps from a deepening relationship with God, I came to a new found understanding of one's sin nature. I think, in all sincerity, when we come closer to God, the more we become aware of this lifestyle, that is in closer proximity to our Holy God.

For me it was like reentering into the earth's atmosphere, where I began to burn up while approaching the surface. It was like that when approaching the God.

In the fast I was fed by the words of our Lord, through study of scripture, and like you, had received a greater clarity and insight of Scripture.

I went three days without food and water ( a king's fast), then two weeks without food but with water. Then the fast broke, but I abstained from meat for almost two months. I ended up hospitalized, I took things way to far, but I had to know!

Thanks for sharing your experience L.Worker!
No water that's a bit of a no no. It is a very good idea to do a bit of research before you do it so you can do it safely.

like you said you could get to a place thats really cool spiritually. I should have tried that more but I was preoccupied with something else work wise and it spoiled that part for me. The length of time should be whats right for you.
Old 17-02-2012, 12:07 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
No water that's a bit of a no no. It is a very good idea to do a bit of research before you do it so you can do it safely.

like you said you can get toa place thts really cool spiritually. I sould have tried tht more but I was preoccupoed with something else work wise s it spoiled that part for me.

Yes, I would definitely recommend studying. I would not recommend fasting without water to anyone, but for me, I had to know! Day two, my voice went low, day three I lost it. Like you, I can say that the stomach shrivels and the hunger goes away, so I kept it going for two weeks. And now I know.... at least from an individual side of why we fast, as I have yet to fast in national repentance.
Old 17-02-2012, 11:24 PM
amy green

In my 20's and 30's I did a fair amount of fasting (mostly for 3 days - spring water, sometimes juice - eating lightly before and after it). There are so many beneficial effects that I've always felt I could write a book on this e.g. sharpened senses, clear complexion, feeling lighter, somehow more pure/sacred, clarity of vision (I felt some dinginess clear away), oh just so very much!!! My first drink after a 3 day spring water fast - tomato juice - was virtually like an oral orgasm....SO delicious, it was almost unbearable! Admittedly I wasn't living a very pure life at the time, i.e. I did it mostly to counteract the effects of recreational drugs.

Decades on, I wouldn't fast now. I've been deterred by what I've read can be the harmful effects of it, e.g. that it messes up your metabolism (the body going into starvation mode), that you don't just burn off body fat but muscle too (not sure to what extent this may/may not be true) also it isn't compatible with high blood pressure (which I now have).
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Master
I really want to start a fast soon so am bumping this thread when I'm not feeling so adhd and can read it in more depth lol

thanks for posting the thread! sounds awesome! I was thinking of just doing it a few days...... like 3 days, but eat fruits & vegetables on the day before and after... I am not totally sure tho, so that's why I've come to the forum for guidance

I got a super awesome book called Natural Healing Wisdom & Know-How that has a section on fasting, but I don't feel prepared enough so wanted more input. I guess I probably didn't read every word of the chapter and can do that more seriously too..

I read that it's cool to start a fast on the day of the New Moon and there's one coming up on the 11th so hopefully I will be able to bring myself to do it then
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Pathfinder
I've been contemplating a fasting session, because lately I've become a little obsessed with chocolate and soda

A question for those who've fasted - what kinds of juice do you find is best during your fasting? I'm a really big fan of Naked juices but they seem kind of heavy and I'm not sure if drinking them would ruin the whole point of fasting.