Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
i sense that people have a fairly good notion that they are more than this body and this Life.. though there seems to be great disagreement about what that 'more' is, and how it should be experienced..

Be well..

Actually, Bob, among people who don't merely sense there is more but directly experience the fact of our essence of being do agree, and recognize this awakening in others. Only the words about it differ.

And yes there are many ways to discover it.

Xan

Old 14-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOverMatter
...the only way your gonna get it is if you drop everything you've ever learned spiritually, all your ideas, truths, beliefs and evidence which may or may not be true it really doesn't matter, drop it all just for a second, and with no expectations, no judgement or pre-determined notions

just experience the silence that is all around you, dont worry about your evidences they'll be waiting for you when you back

Well said, MindOverMatter.

Xan

Old 14-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Experiencer
I Am That Which I Am
I am an aspect of infinite creation and a co-creator of the universe
My only purpose is to be Who I AM to the best that I can be

With these ideas as the core of our beliefs reality is a lot of fun

Love and Light
Old 14-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Master
No...you are NOT those things that define you because these keep changing and evolving. What remains constant is the "I".
Old 14-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Caityaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
"I" am not my ego, not my past, not my experiences, not my name, not my profession, not my sexuality, not my desires, and not my fears—none of that stuff. All of that stuff exists in a certain sense, as impressions in my mind, but what "I" am is that which is aware of all of that and aware of everything else: the sky, the earth, sounds, flavors, textures, other people, etc.

In other words, the next step is to begin moving the identification of "myself" away from autobiography and into bare awareness. This cannot be done instantly, but has to be a practice which one pursues until it becomes natural. With practice, it can and will become natural. It will because it is factual—far more factual than the common standard version of "reality" in which many, if not most, people seem to believe, but which I say, and confess, is a delusion.

In order to pursue this practice—if it interests you—I suggest two procedures:

1. As often as you can remember to do it, say silently to yourself, "I Am." (which means I exist as awareness prior to whatever energy, thoughts, or imagery happen to be occupying that awareness in this moment.

In other words, "I" am the movie screen which never changes, not the movie which is always changing)

2. Begin to move awareness away from thought, away from descriptions, that is, and into sensing and feeling the world without naming anything or trying to explain anything.

For example, if I now move attention to the area in the center of my chest, I will sense something which cannot be put into words because there are no words for it, any more than there are words to describe the flavor of a peach. This is called "bare awareness," "choiceless awareness," or "awareness prior to words."

- Dr. Robert Salzman

http://robert.ismouton.org/topic/577

Inspiring!
Old 17-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Master
let's just breath deep for a moment and relax and just quiet the mind.No expectations.....

great post..... Xan, you are so Zen. lol

zipzip
Old 17-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Master
I take that as a compliment, zipzip.

For me the essence of this message is:

"...the next step is to begin moving the identification of "myself" away from autobiography and into bare awareness"

and

"...if I now move attention to the area in the center of my chest, I will sense something which cannot be put into words because there are no words for it"

We may not just be inspired by it but... do it.

Xan

Old 18-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Master
[quote=Xan]I take that as a compliment, zipzip.

It is! Very much so. zipzip

For me the essence of this message is:

"...the next step is to begin moving the identification of "myself" away from autobiography and into bare awareness"

and

"...if I now move attention to the area in the center of my chest, I will sense something which cannot be put into words because there are no words for it"

We may not just be inspired by it but... do it.

I agree. It helps quiet the mind, centre yourself

zipzip
Old 28-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Master
only you can give you the answer of this question not others.
Old 28-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Master
i don't know what i am but sometimes i feel i could create worlds if i did.
Closed Thread