Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-10-2015, 04:57 AM
Pathfinder

Phew. Wow, I didn‘t have time for weeks to take a look into this forum anymore, but now as I finally have a bit free space for it, I am really astonished how fast and how big it has grown haha

@cassics77:
Something weird happened to me the other night, I was pretty tired and laid down to go to sleep, then I was in, what appeared to be another realm of some sort. I was freaked out, everything was very vivid and real, as real as my fingers hitting the keyboard as I type this. I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to get back, I knew I was dreaming but it didn't feel like a dream at all, I was frightened and there were other beings there etc, also there was a white antique door there that I tried to open but then a being freaked me out. I was trying to communicate to my spouse whom was in the room (in the real world) to wake me up, like I was trying to make my sleeping self in the real world communicate... make sense? he did wake me up, he said he I was mumbling and making weird sounds etc..
As you describe it, that it was real and you had your daily consciousness (you had, I guess?), then this was a spontaneous OBE. You see the differences to a normal dream: it is really vivid and real, you are fully or at least nearly fully conscious of yourself. Can you say what those other beings felt like and what they looked like? Why were you afraid of them? And what did this other realm look like, was it rather like landscape or a strange room or something? And was the "other realm" so frightened for you?
You tried to make your sleeping self communicate – actually that did work out very well. You managed to move your lips and producing sounds as you were panicking and trying to communicate.

It happened again the next night too, only this time it was different,
when I went to sleep, I don't remember falling asleep just closing my eyes. Then, I was in my room and trying to gain control of my body, kind of flopping on the floor, my boyfriend was on the computer and going to the bathroom and stuff and I could see him. Gravity was really heavy and so I was trying to communicate with him (my sleeping self anyways) and then something or someone helped me back onto the bed and I went to where my body was and I was trying to wake up because something didn't feel right, I got a feeling of fear come over me, after trying to wake myself up I was what seemed to be a wake and sleeping state but I couldn't fully wake up. I sensed something else there that wasn't right, then I again felt gravity pulling me towards the wall. Then I managed to wake up.

This is great - you had a spontaneous OBE first, and now this is going out of the body fully conscious. In a spontaneous OBE you awake somewhere and do not know how you got there, but here you are (more or less) fully aware while going out. You say gravity was really heavy, so I guess you went out with the denser etheric body (in case you don't know - this is the astral body + the etheric/ vital energy which surrounds your body - you can take a look at the first few pages of this thread where I wrote more about this). It could be your boyfriend was really doing all these things while you were watching him, but I can't be sure (until now I never have seen anyone in the astral doing things which he/she was doing in the physical at the same time, I just didn't get the opportunities to see something like this or was not dense enough). Now it is interesting you say someone helped you back. Can you describe more about him/ her? Did you feel if he was well intentioned towards you or something like that? Maybe he/she helped you because you didn't feel right. If you sense something that doesn't feel right it is helpful to find out (through sensing, that means, you just "listen" a bit more carefully to the sensation, maybe you can find out more) what is the reason. It happens that you can feel what exactly isn't right.

Before falling asleep I remember I was thinking about time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I do not know for sure, but I guess when you are thinking about something very intensively and kind of "meditating" on a special topic, you keep concentrated while falling asleep and I guess it helps having lucid dreams, OBEs or spontaneous OBEs afterwards.

All the same, there is no reason to have fear. Even if you do not manage at once to wake up fully. It happens often to me that I am coming out of an OBE and try to get back to the body - and I just fall into a useless dream or into a state where I cannot see. But this just means, I actually returned to the body but I am not conscious enough and fall into dream scenes or into a kind of sleep paralysis; which means, I am aware of myself then and do not see dream pictures, but I am still in the etheric body and can't move for a while because of the paralysis. But I learned not to fear and so this state is just a kind of relaxing meditation in the middle of nowhere :-) So don't worry, I think you had great experiences. Did you have OBEs before or was this the first time?
Old 18-10-2015, 05:10 AM
Pathfinder

And by the way, life.love.regret is right: you can always tell how the beings feel and if they are real. It is a sensation, an astral sense which everyone has. You just sense their vibrancy, if they are "good" or "bad" to you, if they are real or just dream pictures (because sometimes your subconcsious will generate dreamlike pictures to prevent you from going further from the body - because your subconscious is alarmed when you go out of the body for it "thinks" you are dying. Just as a short and easy explanation, it works like this really and I have eperienced it very often). Just do it, it works.
Old 18-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Pathfinder

LeoAngel, it seems to be really hard for you. The thing is, it seems to me that the ability for OBEing is to some amount a kind of "talent", as in musical instruments or something. One can easily see this in this thread. Some can do it without even doing ANYTHING, and some have really hard work trying and just somehow do not really success. We cannot know what the reasons are, but I am convinced that if you want to OBE, you can learn it. It may take time but it will work.
All those things, what atitude you have when you try to do it, what technique you use etc., are in the end a kind of "set-screws" with which you can increase the chances. It does not really count for some people who just lie down, fall asleep and have an OBE. Seems pretty unfair to me, but it seems to be so :-/

I think this could work for you, Leo Angel, and Adrienne wrote something similar: you do not have to prevent yourself from falling asleep. I am nearly always falling asleep and some time after falling asleep I have an OBE.
Try this – you plan to do something in your dreams to make yourself lucid: something like watching at your hands closely, or checking your body, or looking at something very hard to see more details of the object. Plan one thing only, or maybe two or three, so that you are focused. You plan this everytime before falling asleep. Something like "In the next dream I will look at my hands very closely and then I will remember that I wanted to get lucid." And maybe you even DO it before falling asleep, looking at your hands closely, to make it more likely you‘ll remember. So, you think your plan and do it for a few seconds, than you just fall asleep without using any other method (if it doesn‘t work, you may combine it with some method). I think this should be enough. Only one thing or a few, and you stick to these one thing every night. Do not change it, so that you stay focused. I think it is very likely you will remember in some dream and get lucid. Once you are aware of yourself, it may be the best to begin with checking your whole body and making yourself more lucid by looking carefully at your surroundings, and feeling the ground with your feet. It‘s step by step. And by the way, it is good for any kind of OBEs and for anyone, to always do the things slowly and consciously, or you will very likely drift away into more dreamlike consciousness.

Check it out, good luck! Don't get frustrated
Old 20-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Master
Hey all you astral wanderers, I have been going out of body for a long time but to higher realms and parallel worlds. I usually project from lucid dreams. I have little experience projecting into my physical reality and have yet to remember the actual moment of projection.
Much of my experience in the astral is accompanied by other selves or guides, expect for a few times in the lower astral.
So this is my issue at the moment, I meditate lying down, I don't wish to change that, but for several months now, my energy body has become very active during meditation. Not just vibrations but it turns, leaps, etc. sometimes, it's is a leg or arm, torso and such. My question is do any of you have experience with the actual separation of energy body? Is that how it feels?
Old 20-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Skygazer,
it can happen that your consciousness wanders into your energy body (etheric body, which is astral body + vital energy) while meditating and then you can feel vibrations, arms moving etc. Does your physical arm move or are you sure it is the etheric body? That's the first question. But I have experienced that too sometimes. It happens when you have an active energy body.
The separation can have several signs, mainly energetical signs like vibrations, acoustic sensations etc. It can feel like floating out of the body or being surrounded by wind or water.
Can you describe how you project from lucid dreams? And can you describe one of your experiences more detailedly and how you got into it? It seems strange to me that you are only in higher astral layers and never experienced the separation and got into the lower astral.
Old 29-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
We all have our problems and we have to work out how to solve it. I have had lots of problems and I have come a long way. I can get into the astral but I do not stay alert long enough. If I am not able to stay alert for the whole time I am in the astral, weird things happen. Dream things start happening.
I am now alert when I am in the astral. I can stay there without coming back into my body. I still have a problem. I noticed when I am talking or I am listening to someone else talking I go back into my body. I loose my alertness. Now I have to overcome that. There is always something to overcome. Next time I will rub my hands when I am talking and see how that goes.
Old 30-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Pathfinder

astralsuzy: hey, that's really good news. I know this problem of getting pulled back when doing something; not expecially with talking to someone, but I had that too. There can be a good reason for this, or maybe you simply "talk" too much with the physical. I mean: maybe your connection to the physical is still relatively close and thus you strain to move your "real" lips. I don't know, but maybe. The "talking" in the astral is, by the way, also just a kind of illusion (as everything) and helps us to act normal as in the physical/ it's just out of habit. But you don't need a mouth to talk in the astral, for it's all telepathy and empathy. Maybe you can try talking without using your mouth? I have tried this once and it worked really well. I talked to a woman just by "talking in my head to her" (which was funny somehow). I think it is worth a try :)
Old 30-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Master

Thanks for that Aguia. I appreciate the advice. I will try it. I have nothing to loose. If it helps that will be great.
Old 31-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Master

Hi all, I forgot not to talk using my mouth. Anyway, what I am doing is working. I was able to stay out longer in the astral. I was talking and I was still there. I had a great experience. The landscape was great and I could feel the wind when I was flying. I still have to improve my ap experiences but I am getting there. I was loosing my awareness and I went back into my body. I think I was loosing confidence with being alert. I did not take notice what people are wearing or what they looked like. I have to work on that.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Pathfinder

Hey, that's cool! OBEing takes some time of practising, I still have to work on some things as well and not every OBE is good for me - quite the contrary, I still have many "stupid" OBEs or I am without alertness there, but it will be so everytime, I think you cannot ALWAYS be alert. And by the way: in many OBEs when you are without consciousness or little conscious, this can be very interesting and you can only learn about yourself. Because if you are little conscious, your subconscious is leading you then. This can be helpful to know yourself. OR you are in another state of consciousness, totally different from your daily consciousness, but still you are fully aware of yourself and there can be intensive experiences. It's like you're another person but it may be another part of you. I am convinced that we are far more than we believe to be, I think there is much more which we are not aware of in the daily concsiousness. There must be a lot to learn.
Just a question, what are people talking to you? How are they like? I sometimes experienced persons/beings (could be animals or something as well - the astral body can take any form, or you see another person in another form; the only thing to be sure is sensing their vibrancy, if they are well-intentioned or dull or knowing or something) which seemed to be fully intelligent and aware of themselves, knowing more about the astral, but I have also met many who seemed to be in a dream-like state and didn't notice me.