Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 28-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Sungirl

Chakra tattoo

Hi all

I'm pondering my next tattoo. All of them have to have a spiritual meaning (I have a memorial one for my cat who was my world at one point and a tree with the sun shining on it to represent me standing in the light of the Sun God)

I am thinking of getting the 7 traditional chakra patterns tattooed at the top of my spine with the additional Stellar Gateway and Soul Star above and the Earth Star and Earth Gateway below (don't know if I'll find symbols for those tho).

They will be quite small, each one about the size of a british penny if the tattooist can do them that small.

I was wondering if this will have any energetic affect on me.

What do people think?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 AM
iklenic

Hi there, im not sure about energetic affect but i think it will look amazing! , a very personal tattoo, I love this idea, if you get one please post a picture :) x
Old 01-03-2011, 10:52 AM
star-child

I echo what iklenic said, not sure if it will have an energetic effect but will definitely look great! I was also thinking about getting chakra tattoos but wasn't sure how to go about it. Also if you want the chakras detailed, I don't think the tattooists would be able to do them that small (my sister tried to get small writing but the guy said it would soon become blurred as it fades).

Keep us updated and if you get it done show us a photo!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Sungirl

Hi all

The guy I see is very good at tiny stuff so I'm hoping he can do this.... I'll have to look at the pictures again and see what can be done.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 AM
sabda

if you really want to do it, don't forget to put it in the right position. wrong position can made the wrong effect.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Ciqala

Tilia,
It is an amazing idea, and would be beautiful. The only possible energetic effect it would leave would be very temporary - this would only be due to the slight pain of getting the tattoo. Which is nothing to be worried about, as the pain subsides, and tattoos heal and so will everything else. Other than that, there is nothing spiritually or energetically wrong with tattoos or the ink, it was after all done for spiritual ceremonies in ancient days as well, people have been marking themselves and inducing pain for spiritual gains since the beginning of time.
I have lots of sacred tattoos, which are spiritually meaningful to me, during the process of getting them I prefer to make the whole experience pleasant and spiritual if the artist is into it (maybe have a ceremony) - it gives more meaning to my tattoos. I only got into that because, i've had some awful experiences whereas i don't trust the artist, and he turns out to be atrocious - sort of ruins the meaning of my tatoo - and i like to make sure the person who is marking me is in a positive energetic space while they create their art on me, as when an artists creates - they create more than just a drawing.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Sungirl

Thank you all for your posts.

Sabda, what do you mean "the wrong position"? I want it on the top half of my back over my spine. If you consider that is the "wrong position" can you explain why as that directly relates to my original question about any negative effects.

Cigala, thank you for telling me about your tattoos. The pain and the ink were not something I was concerned with, as you say the pain subsides (and I think there will be a fair bit with this one)

I suppose my concern is that symbols hold energy. We used them on paper to do work or to give meaning to things..... so a tattoo (imho) would also hold an energetic signature. In my head I think that having the symbols for the chakras should be fine as they are the symbols of the idea, but they won't be on the actual chakra and I wonder if that will have an affect on the energy.

What you say about the person that is doing it makes me wonder about going to the lady that did my paw prints. The tattoo she did didn't heal as fast as the last one but she is very spiritual. Whereas the guy who did my tree is not in the least bit spiritual..... which is better, the quality of the tattoo (not that it would be rubbish) or the energy of the tattooist?