Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
moke64916

My dog

My dog is so smart. He understands a lot of human language. Not the small words, but sentences. I will say to him. "Spike your food is there. Eat it if you want." He understands me and will go and eat his food. One time I told Him that I was not going to be home that night. I saw fear in his eyes and he started shaking. He understands what I saw. One time I told him to find my other dog, fuffy because she is 7 pounds and hides a lot. I said to him. "find fluffy and I will give you a treat." He got up and went sniffing around the house until he found her. I gave him a treat. He is a very smart dog, and understands sentences. He is a nice dog, sometimes my other dog fluffy will get in his way and try to eat his food. He simply backs off and lets her eat his food. He is old now and has some pain. I give him his medication. He knows it helps his pain. I don't have to give him his pills wrapped in food. He will simply swallow the pill whole. He knows it doesn't taste good, so he just swallows the pill without chewing it.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Knower
HI Moke,

I don't know how they do it, if its their reading our body language or reacting to changes in the tone of voices but I find it amazing how animals react to the human language.

My older cat follows me everywhere around the house and when I walk into a room if she is laying down she will get up and come to me for strokes when she sees me.

If I walk into a room and she goes to get up and I am leaving I say "don't get up im going now" and she lays back down again. It makes me laugh everytime.

I was most amazed last week by a feral kitten at the shelter where I work. I had convinced this family to come and see this feral siamese kitten but had warned them that it was affectionate with me but very nervous of new people. so....they came in and sat down and the cat sat in the corner and wouldn't come over.

They tried to approach it but it kept running away. They apologised but told me they couldn't take such a nervous cat and started to leave the room. Just as we were walking out the woman turned around and said to the kitten " I wont hurt you I just want to give you a home" just like that, in that instant the kitten came over to her and started rubbing around her legs.

I was gobsmacked. She picked it up and it didn't try to struggle it just sat there. So they adopted him that day. I don't know but it was as if the kitten had understood what she was saying.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Master
Our pets are so wise and knowing. My hamster Issy is just as intelligent - when i give her a treat I say to her "gently" and she takes it from my fingers with her teeth and paws in the most graceful way.

I meet lots of people every day at their homes and come across lots of pets. I can't even count anymore the number of times some one has said "do you mind my pets, they won't bother you" and they then spend the time trying to encourage the pet away from where I am sitting. Usually followed by a comment of "I've never seen them do that with a stranger before" - tee hee, makes me smile every time.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Knower
Obviously because they can pick up on your lovely energy ces and want to be as close you as possible Can't blame them I always feel the loving energy from you when I read your posts.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Master
Dogs are very clever. You can teach them many tricks and they can learn words quickly.

On a Discovery World programme there was once a woman lost in the desert and her dog got help. This is just a story, don't know if it is true. But I wouldn't be surprised!

It is also said that a cat waits until the mouse gets out of its den, the dog will walk to the other side and catch the mouse off guard..
I have never tried that one out though..
Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
Our pets are so wise and knowing. My hamster Issy is just as intelligent - when i give her a treat I say to her "gently" and she takes it from my fingers with her teeth and paws in the most graceful way.

I meet lots of people every day at their homes and come across lots of pets. I can't even count anymore the number of times some one has said "do you mind my pets, they won't bother you" and they then spend the time trying to encourage the pet away from where I am sitting. Usually followed by a comment of "I've never seen them do that with a stranger before" - tee hee, makes me smile every time.

lol, yeah same here. When I give my dog some human food I say "Don't bite my fingers" Then he takes the food gently from my hand.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile
Obviously because they can pick up on your lovely energy ces and want to be as close you as possible Can't blame them I always feel the loving energy from you when I read your posts.
aww, thank you. I appreciate your kind words and feelings.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Master
We humans do not deserve animals prepared to share their lives with us.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Knower
I think we should count ourselves truely blessed to be able to share our lives with animals, we have so much to learn from them and they deeply enrich our days.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:47 AM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile
I think we should count ourselves truely blessed to be able to share our lives with animals, we have so much to learn from them and they deeply enrich our days.

Beautifully said! I couldn't agree with you more If you love your canine companion and would like to meet and coverse with others who feel as you do, there's this great website that is packaged as a "social network" for dogs.....!! It's found at dogbuds.org, and a friendlier bunch of dogs and folks you'll never find! They all have one thing in common... all the dogs are brilliant and gorgeous (just ask 'em!) and all their human parents adore them!!! Check it out... it's really a neat site