Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-01-2020, 01:12 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater
Oh, I am. Believe me, I will have questions about the NT too. I just thought I'd start at the beginning, so to speak.

From my research on Judaism, I don't think that Jews believe in the "fall" and original sin - these are Christian interpretations of Genesis (though I could me mistaken. Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Christianity is so big and wide spread and diverse that there
are many interpretations and understandings.

The Creation story as written by Hebrews or the tribe of Israel is one of 1000s of Creations stories.

The fall or original sin sounds like someones doctrine.
When I say fall I mean booted from the Garden and all it's perfection in the Genesis story.

I have my own interpretations of the Hebrew Creation story.As many Christians have their own
interpretations and understandings.
Old 27-01-2020, 01:21 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your difficulties ImthatIm.

All the best to you.

Thanks.
No need to be sorry for my difficulties.
I was more then willing to be in the situation I was in.
Plus it was back in the past some years.

I just did not at times give the Thanksgiving and Gratefulness that my
Creator and animals deserve.Hunger can make you dive right in without
paying the proper respect out of the need to fill your belly.

I intend on giving thanks and being more Grateful for the things I receive from here on out.
Old 27-01-2020, 06:48 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Floater
I just researched Gen 1.29 a bit.

Christians are spreading the word, they sell "T" shirts with the Gen 1.29 verse.
So they are trying.
Yes, some of them are.
Quote:
So you can't ask why all Christians aren't trying.
You can't judge all Christians anymore.
I never did.
Quote:
Like with this question of yours.
Sorry, I missed a word out. Yes, some few Christians are vegans.
Quote:
People make judgments all the time, but your assuming all Christians don't try.
Sorry again. I never meant to say that there are no Christian vegans. I know that there are. i also know that the vast majority are not.
Old 28-01-2020, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Gem,

It can't be a ''today's Western social construct'' as Genesis shows mankind was 'supposed' to be plant eaters, and were later on allowed to eat meat too. Of course this isn't describing the actual history of humans and their diets, but it does show the ideals various cultures (Mid-East and India) had and developed in the ancient world, especially 1st millennium BC.

And you'd be surprised, but it's not unheard of in early Christianity to have monks living (almost) on a vegan diet, they just didn't call it that way. Later on, the Cathars advocated it too. Throughout history monks have lived on bland food, so think about porridge, bread, rice, and perhaps a few fruits. Going beyond bland offends the principle of renouncing the ''pleasures of the flesh'' [no pun intended].

I didn't know Genesis makes it like people were supposed to plant eaters, or not supposed to consume animal products. I can't remember any passage implying that.

I'm pretty sure the old monks chowed down on fish, milk, eggs, mead and stuff, as well as red meat sometimes, and you know why Christian symbology includes a fish? Jesus filling the nets, passing out the fish and so on. Given that, it's a stretch to think veganism is a tenet of Christianity.

The Eastern traditions include a lot of dairy, and they have never advocated veganism, but vegetarianism has been a thing for a long time.
Old 28-01-2020, 07:23 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I didn't know Genesis makes it like people were supposed to plant eaters, or not supposed to consume animal products. I can't remember any passage implying that.
The pasage in question is quoted at the very beginning of this thread.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the old monks chowed down on fish, milk, eggs, mead and stuff, as well as red meat sometimes,
Yes, in fact they even consumed baby rabbits on Fridays, believieving that they were fish as they had no fur! Beavers, swans, and all sorts of other mammals too. I don't think that they were concerned about the line I quoted.
Quote:
and you know why Christian symbology includes a fish? Jesus filling the nets, passing out the fish and so on.
Yes, the fish as a symbol of Jesus' word (see Greek word Ichthys).
Quote:
Given that, it's a stretch to think veganism is a tenet of Christianity.
Not of the organised religion. My question was more for individiuals.
Old 28-01-2020, 07:23 AM
Seeker

Double post
Old 28-01-2020, 03:22 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Yes, some of them are.

I never did.

Sorry, I missed a word out. Yes, some few Christians are vegans.

Sorry again. I never meant to say that there are no Christian vegans. I know that there are. i also know that the vast majority are not.

When a verse(Like Gen. 1.29) is held up as Gods LAW, and we see we fall short, all we
as Christians can do is press into our perfection called Christ and the Holy Spirit
and this allows us to rest assured that Christ has taken all our guilt, shame and condemnation.
Transformation of the Heart and mind,soul should be the goal of any Christian.
Our Commandments are:
1)Love God with all your strength, mind,Heart and soul. 2)Love your neighbor as yourself.
So I am sure that as Love increases in a person, they may become like a vegan if
they can survive on only plants.

Any attempt to live as vegans under our own strength would be seen as
filthy bloody rags in Gods eyes.

My question to you is, why am I not exceptable as I am in your eyes?
I assume you wish I would be vegan and want me to change.

It is said in Christianity that Gods Laws get written on the Heart.
So when God writes on my Heart "Eat only plants" He will provide the way.

If Gods says in my Heart, live only verse Gen, 1.29 and forget the other verses of Gen.1
then He also will give the Grace to do that.

I am exactly where I am supposed be in my Life and I have been excepted in The Beloved Family.

Edit: I believe that some vegans,vegetarians and marijuana users, use Gen. 1.29 out of context in a way to promote an agenda.
I believe some Christians see that that was a time when that people did not die and walked with God and animals
before there was death. So many Christians answer to any question is Christ, and the Holy Spirit that will lead us into Gods Righteousness.

^^^^

Last edited by ImthatIm : 28-01-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 28-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
When a verse(Like Gen. 1.29) is held up as Gods LAW, and we see we fall short, all we
as Christians can do is press into our perfection called Christ and the Holy Spirit
and this allows us to rest assured that Christ has taken all our guilt, shame and condemnation.
Transformation of the Heart and mind,soul should be the goal of any Christian.
Our Commandments are:
1)Love God with all your strength, mind,Heart and soul. 2)Love your neighbor as yourself.
So I am sure that as Love increases in a person, they may become like a vegan if
they can survive on only plants.

Any attempt to live as vegans under our own strength would be seen as
filthy bloody rags in Gods eyes.

My question to you is, why am I not exceptable as I am in your eyes?
I assume you wish I would be vegan and want me to change.

It is said in Christianity that Gods Laws get written on the Heart.
So when God writes on my Heart "Eat only plants" He will provide the way.

If Gods says in my Heart, live only verse Gen, 1.29 and forget the other verses of Gen.1
then He also will give the Grace to do that.

I am exactly where I am supposed be in my Life and I have been excepted in The Beloved Family.

^^^^

When the time is right says the Lord, I will make it happen
Old 28-01-2020, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
When the time is right says the Lord, I will make it happen
Really - where is that ? Thanks, sky.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2020, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Really - where is that ? Thanks, sky.

Isaiah 60.22...

And I personally live by these words

There are slightly different versions another is,

When the time is right, I says the Lord will make it happen