Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 08-11-2010, 07:35 AM
BahaiRaelian

Assorted Quotes

Some Quotes on Knowledge, Life, Spirit and Happiness I like.

"Let deeds not words be your adorning." - Baha'u'llah

"...An enlightened man of wisdom should primarily speak with words as mild as milk, that the children of men may be nurtured and edified thereby and may attain the ultimate goal of human existence which is the station of true understanding and nobility." - Baha'u'llah

"Open are the doors to the Deathless to those with ears. Let them show their conviction." - Gautama Buddha

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips." - William Ellery Channing

"For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise." II Corinthians 11:19

"Have compassion towards all living beings. Hatred leads destruction." - Jain

"To the corruptions of Christianity I am indeed opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence; & believing he never claimed any other." - Thomas Jefferson

"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Jesus

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." - Jesus

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you." - Jesus Christ

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger." - Confucius

"Lead me from the unreal to the Real. Lead me from darkness unto Light. Lead me from death to Immortality." - Ashtavakra Gita

"No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me; no stifling dogma shall encramp my pen!" - Anton Szandor LaVey

"If men are good, you don't need government; if men are evil or ambivalent, you don't dare have one." - Robert LeFevre

"Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind." - Mohammed

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"If we have been brought up with the idea that life is for suffering and sacrifice, then of course we would seek death to escape this 'vale of tears'." - Raël

"Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values." - Ayn Rand

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." - Leo Tolstoy

"It may well be that government was necessary and is still necessary for all the advantages which you attribute to it," says the man who has mastered the Christian theory of life. "I only know that on the one hand, government is no longer necessary for ME, and on the other hand, I can no longer carry out the measures that are necessary to the existence of a government. Settle for yourselves what you need for your life. I cannot prove the need or the harm of governments in general. I know only what I need and do not need, what I can do and what I cannot. I know that I do not need to divide myself off from other nations, and therefore I cannot admit that I belong exclusively to any state or nation, or that I owe allegiance to any government. I know that I do not need all the government institutions organized within the state, and therefore I cannot deprive people who need my labor to give it in the form of taxes to institutions which I do not need, which for all I know may be pernicious. I know that I have no need of the administration or of courts of justice founded upon force, and therefore I can take no part in either. I know that I do not need to attack and slaughter other nations or to defend myself from them with arms, and therefore I can take no part in wars or preparations for wars. It may well be that there are people who cannot help regarding all this as necessary and indispensable. I cannot dispute the question with them, I can only speak for myself; but I can say with absolute certainty that I do not need it, and that I cannot do it. And I do not need this and I cannot do it, not because such is my own, my personal will, but because such is the will of him who sent me into life, and gave me an indubitable law for my conduct through life." - Leo Tolstoy, "The Kingdom of God is Within You"

"The softest things in the world to overcome the hardest things in the world." - Lao Tzu

"No pleasure is a bad thing in itself, but the things which produce certain pleasures entail disturbances many times greater than the pleasures themselves." - Unknown Author of the Vatican Library List

"Doing good to others is not a duty, it is a joy, for it increases our own health and happiness.” - Zoroaster

“He who sows the ground with care and diligence acquires a greater stock of religious merit than he could gain by the repetition of ten thousand prayers." - Zoroaster
Old 09-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Master
Color

These are all very beautiful and hold a lot of meaning.
I'm printing out a copy of them to enjoy.
Nice.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Shen Mashel

Here are some of mine that i hold close to my heart and way of living.What is peculiar is that these are not from amazingly spiritual persons, merely some that apply to me :)

1."Knowledge of one's self is of the essence." (Teal'c from the sci-fi show Stargate Sg-1)
2. "Search not for the absolute truth but merely the things that apply to you in particular."
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Master
Mother Theresa...

Great thread!

I'm going to add some quotes and links from some beautiful and inspirational people...I hope others add their favourites as well....

peace & blessings
7L

From Mother Theresa...

http://www.ewtn.com/motherteresa/words.htm

There is a terrible hunger for love. We all experience that in our lives - the pain, the loneliness. We must have the courage to recognize it. The poor you may have right in your own family.
Find them.
Love them.

Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart.

Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your own weakness.

The more you have, the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have the more free you are. Poverty for us is a freedom. It is not mortification, a penance.
It is joyful freedom. There is no television here, no this, no that. But we are perfectly happy.

I pray that you will understand the words of Jesus, “Love one another as I have loved you.” Ask yourself “How has he loved me? Do I really love others in the same way?” Unless this love is among us, we can kill ourselves with work and it will only be work, not love. Work without love is slavery.

Little things are indeed little, but to be faithful in little things is a great thing.

A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, must empty ourselves. The fruit of silence is prayer, the fruit of prayer is faith, the fruit of faith is love, the fruit of love is service, the fruit of service is peace.

"Keep the joy of loving God in your heart and share this joy with all you meet especially your family. Be holy – let us pray."

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."
Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM
amy green

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." - Jesus

This well known saying has always perplexed me because, in these modern times, if you carry this out HOW do you avoid being a doormat/being abused?
I understand the sentiment but it relies on the perpetrator having a conscience doesn't it? I'd welcome some feedback on this.