Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-06-2011, 01:54 PM
lotusflower

Angel1 finding my way

I have been wandering aimlessly trying to gain my spirituality.I believe in my higher power but have failed to find a spiritual path to follow.religions have confused me.Now I am taking a step back from things and seeking my spiritual path. I have been praying that I would find whats right for me,so far I havent found anything.I have a deep yearning for God and know I need to continue on this journey
Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Master
stop looking and ye shall find
Old 11-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

Isn't NightSpirit a big clever clogs, lotusflower?

I do agree in principal, though - contrary as it sounds, in order for us to "find ourselves" (or God) we need to stop looking, be at peace - and listen to what our own intuition (in-tuition, or inward knowing) is telling us. Don't mindlessly let other people lead you - listen to what your heart feelings say, and for that, meditation is the best way.

Have you tried that? No need to get "heavy" about it, a quiet nook in your home and a few minutes of regular peace every day is a good way to start. Keep to a regular time, and in a few days you'll find yourself already relaxing as you look forward to that few minutes peace. Calm your head-mind, and allow your heart feelings to be heard. Your confusion is mental only - your heart already knows.

By the way - something has happened for you already - you've been led here, where we're all free to express and discuss our beliefs, and support each other as the individual expressions of God which we all are, developing in our own unique ways.

That's God's gift to us - we're loved enough to be given freedom to explore and express ourselves, and grow ...

Angel Blessings to All
Old 12-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Master
I was the same way and eventually after a lot of reading on different religions and faiths I was like "okay I'll just incorporate everything into what feels good to me alone" and i'm perfectly happy.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflower
I have been wandering aimlessly trying to gain my spirituality.I believe in my higher power but have failed to find a spiritual path to follow.religions have confused me.Now I am taking a step back from things and seeking my spiritual path. I have been praying that I would find whats right for me,so far I havent found anything.I have a deep yearning for God and know I need to continue on this journey
Have you tried searching your own spirit instead of what's around you? Meditate and ask your Higher self. :)
Old 12-06-2011, 04:43 AM
Natalia

Hello lotusflower

Lots of wonderful advice here. You'll find your way

Bright Blessings
Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflower

Not all those that wander are lost, as was said of Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. And look how and where he ended up?

The Universe gives us what we need when we need it. Perhaps all you need right at this moment is that deep yearning that will make your feet walk, and if you know you need to continue your Journey, what else is there you need to know? The rest will come later. And you have found something, you have found that where you have been holds little for you.

Safe Journey, lotusflower
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Sungirl

What Tea-Break says
Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM
lotusflower

Thank you all for your insight.I am going to try and meditate and give myself peace time.I agree I should stop searching and be still.Thank you Tea break for that insight.I definitly am looking into meditation
Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Master
if you ask, trust, then be at peace (or stillness) and listen, you will find what you need.

zipzip