Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Seeker

Using multiple crystals for similar symptoms.

Hello lovelies,

I'm not sure whether this belongs in the crystals forum or the chakra one, so sorry in advance if I've put it in the wrong place! The questions I have are mainly about crystals so hopefully this is the right place.

I've had a chronic case of heartbreak for quite a while now, but recent events have given me the kick I needed to try to finally let it go. During a conversation with a friend of a friend who is a white witch, I mentioned that I used to love having crystals around the house, but that since moving house six months ago I hadn't got them out. She urged me to unpack them and start using them again, and I think she also sensed I was going through a bad time as she suggested I concentrate on my "self-healing". Well, I took her advice and cleansed and recharged them (good timing too, as the solstice/full moon combination is probably the best time to charge crystals!) and I also did some research into how I can use them to fix this heart of mine.

According to several sites I visited, what I need to do is "rebalance my heart chakra". In fact, my symptoms show that I have other chakra points out of sync, but we'll come back to that. There were a number of recommended stones to use for different aspects of heartbreak, and this is where my questions come in: should I stick to just one, or can I use several stones to help to sort out my heart chakra? And by focusing on one chakra, can the rest be put even further out of sync?

To put it into context, here is what I've selected in the hopes of helping me to recover:

- A Rhodochrosite bracelet which I'm able to wear all the time, and which I'm also getting some really positive vibes from. The internet write-up claims this is a good gem for heartbreak and for improving self-esteem.
- Chrysoprase, which seems to have similar effects to Rhodochrosite.
- Aventurine for confidence, self-worth and optimism.
- Citrine for positivity and "living in the now".
- Smoky quartz for "letting go".

I've also picked out a couple of others in order to complete the chakra, and aside from the rhodochrosite bracelet, I simply have the others in a prominent position in my home. Would you say this is sufficient, or should I be carrying them with me? I also have a chakra bracelet which I have recently begun to wear again. If I wear both the chakra and rhodochrosite bracelet, will the chakra be thrown off balance?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just not sure how to get the best out of my crystals and I don't want to throw my chakra even more off balance than it already is! One thing is for certain, I am definitely feeling more positive since I unpacked my crystals, and they have made me all the more eager to spend time in my home as it feels like an even more soothing environment than before. Hopefully they will help me to feel much more whole and more like my old self before long :)

Oh, and just one more thing, I know rose quartz is a popular crystal for balancing the heart chakra and for love in general, but unfortunately I don't get along with this stone at all, it gives me a headache :(

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing your advice!
Anya
Old 22-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Guide

Color

" should I stick to just one, or can I use several stones to help to sort out my heart chakra?"

I would just stick to one. The Rhodochrosite bracelet sounds perfect. That stone has a pretty good energy for dealing with heartache or self esteem. Plus, when you wear it as a bracelet, it stimulates key Meridian Points in the area of the wrists. I'm guessing that it's just made up of tumbled stones. Otherwise, it would be very expensive. But wearing crystals as jewelry is probably the best way of getting the benefits because the energies not too strong at one time, and it's always surrounding you.

"And by focusing on one chakra, can the rest be put even further out of sync?"

I don't believe that's the case for any of the chakras.

Of the other stones that you mentioned, the one that I don't like is Aventurine. I've just never liked the energy. Plus it's more of a heart chakra stone anyway. I've always found Chrysophrase to be this type of good luck stone, and the energy helpful, more of a Heart and Throat Chakra Stone. Citrine and Smokey Quartz I rarely use, but probably worth a try.

I've also picked out a couple of others in order to complete the chakra, and aside from the rhodochrosite bracelet, I simply have the others in a prominent position in my home. Would you say this is sufficient, or should I be carrying them with me?"

No. I would just leave the others in your home until the time comes to work with them. It's when your using more than one that sometimes that can create a feeling of conflict with them. Even one can do that if the energy doesn't feel right. So I wouldn't use them in Layouts or anything until you take the time to get reacquainted with them one by one.

" I also have a chakra bracelet which I have recently begun to wear again. If I wear both the chakra and rhodochrosite bracelet, will the chakra be thrown off balance?"

This is a good question. And I'm not sure what stones are in the Chakra Bracelet. But I think that can be safe. You'd probably prefer wearing both of the bracelets on the same wrisk, but if you feel that's too strong, you could try wearing them on seperate wrists. If you decide on that, wear the Rhodocrosite on the left wrist, because that side of the body is more linked with the understanding of the heart.

My advice is not to put your crystals in something like a tin can, because that can have a negative effect on the energy. I put mine in a Wooden Box, and line the box with Cotten balls. Cotten has a pure energy and the box helps isolate the crystals or neclaces from other influences. But you can also place them in a bowl lined with Cotten. You can also place something like an incense cone inside the box to add to the positive energy. Charging them with moonlight or sunlight is good. Placing your crystals in a glass bowl out in RainWater is a great way to cleanse them.

Good Luck!!! :)
Old 22-06-2016, 05:57 AM
Master

Anya
Wishing you complete healing and joy!
Unakite is helpful for drawing out buried pain and rhodochrosite can then dissolve and resolve it. It depends entirely on whether you are drawn to this sequence. You can hold Unakite over your heart and solar plexus (since I do sense self esteem issues related to heartbreak here) and breathe out any hidden issues and hurt. This can then be complemented with rhodochrosite but wear the bracelet for short periods first. I sense that gentle green -soft blue green crystals like Larimar and Chrysopase and Amazonite can help you now if you like these. Trust your intuition to decide rather than just something you may have read. Sunstone (in short intervals) might help with separating your energy hooks and bring positivity as well.
Crystals may need to be supplemented with energy healing as for example cord cutting visualization which may be really helpful in clearing your energy of past entanglements and help move on. Meditating on the relationship patterns and any surfacing lessons will complete the process. The Universe has your back :)
Hope this helps. Big hug.
Old 22-06-2016, 06:00 AM
Master

Oh and as the healing progresses you just start liking rose quartz. Try a different piece after some days.
Don't fuss if you cannot find some of these crystals. A simple quartz or amethyst wand can work for healing work as long as it is charged with intention.
Old 23-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Seeker

Thanks both of you for your replies! Lots of useful information here. It's interesting to keep hearing about "using intuition" when it comes to crystals, because I do have some I seem to get along with more than others, or some I'm wary of, while others feel really happy and positive.

First of all, Mark. The bracelet is just tumble stones, and I agree, a decent sized piece of Rhodochrosite was on the pricey side, which was why it was an extra bonus when I found it not just at a good price, but also in bracelet form which is the perfect way for me to carry it around. And I didn't even think about the Meridian points, thank you! I've been wearing it all week while at work, and I am definitely feeling the benefits. It will be interesting to see if it will last!

It's interesting what you said about Aventurine. I'm getting more of a "lucky" vibe from it, and I feel like it would help me better in my creative pursuits than matters of the heart. The Chrysoprase, on the other hand, feels like quite a gentle, friendly stone. I'm a little wary of the smoky quartz, but I get a similar feeling from other stones used to ground and remove negative energy, and I have been told that some can be quite harsh in the way the negativity is removed. I'm not sure if this is something other people do, but when working with such stones I tend to have a protective stone nearby which I trust, such as blue lace agate. However, I'm not sure if by doing this I'm blocking the effects of the stone I'm primarily working with. So much to consider!

As for my chakra bracelet, I'll see how it feels to combine the two bracelets. The chakra bracelet has quartz, amethyst, citrine, carnelian, hematite, and an opaque blue stone and a green stone, but I'm not sure which these are. I wore the bracelet quite a lot in the past and got on quite well with it.

Thank you for all your advice Mark, I appreciate it so much!

Now for your posts, moonincancer. Thank you for your positive message! I just googled Unakite and I can see it's a type of Jasper. I do have a couple of pieces of Leopardskin Jasper which seem like really positive, happy stones, and I was wondering if it has the same effect? I've read that it's a powerful healing crystal and thought about using it. I do like the sound of drawing out the pain and then using the Rhodochrosite to resolve it, it seems like a really good tip. I have some self-care time set aside for this weekend so I will give it a try then. And it's true what they say about trusting the intuition! It seems crystals can mean something different to different people. A good friend of mine is very fond of Labradorite, and encouraged me to obtain a piece. But every time I have considered buying some I get discouraged. It seems like it's not meant for me! It's good that you mention Amethyst, however, as this is probably my favourite crystal, and I share this fondness with the rest of my family. I don't know whether it's because purple is my favourite colour or because Amethyst is such a kind and calming stone, but I keep a cluster by my bed and it is comforting, and seems to help me to sleep.

I'll have a look into energy healing, as you're right, I do need to "have a good clear out"! I once went to a meditation taster session and found it really helpful. Perhaps it's time I looked into doing this on a regular basis.

Thank you so much, and big hugs to you both! This is some great advice and I feel much more confident about using my crystals to heal.