Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Given as you seem a bit inexperienced I'd say stick with black tourmaline. It is very protective but it is a softer sort of protection.

There is nothing wrong with black obsidian, however, it works differently than tourmaline.

Would you, for example, use a sledgehammer when a regular old hammer is needed?

Black obsidian by itself can easily be that sledgehammer. To some even with other stones it is too much. alphamind said intense, it is intense. They also had tourmaline which is a stone often used to soften obsidian's bladed intensity.

However, as mentioned, obsidian has other properties as well beyond simple protection. It is sometimes called the stone of truth - or the teacher stone - and there's a reason for this. If you are spiritually aware enough obsidian will reveal to you your flaws. Not careful and obsidian will not be drawing away negative energy but feeding your internal negative energy as you struggle to deal with what it shows.

Black obsidian is excellent if you want to grow and mature spiritually, hence the dub teacher stone. And it is extremely protective if used right.

I personally love black obsidian. I have never parted with my black obsidian stone since I found it nearly twenty years ago when eleven years old.

Again black tourmaline sounds better if it is just general negative energy. It works to shield against environmental and other negative energy. Like obsidian it helps reduce stress.
Old 23-05-2016, 02:45 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheric-imprinted_72
Thanks for your comment alphamind.

No prob

Old 23-05-2016, 02:49 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsune
Black obsidian by itself can easily be that sledgehammer. To some even with other stones it is too much. alphamind said intense, it is intense. They also had tourmaline which is a stone often used to soften obsidian's bladed intensity.

It WAS intense. While it gave much needed drive and can act as a catalyst (in my experience) when things have to get moving, wearing it for the first time also crushed a friendship with someone suddenly.

It can work if you want to go the whole way with it though. It depends on an individual's personal experience.
Old 23-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamind
It WAS intense. While it gave much needed drive and can act as a catalyst (in my experience) when things have to get moving, wearing it for the first time also crushed a friendship with someone suddenly.

It can work if you want to go the whole way with it though. It depends on an individual's personal experience.

Ha.

Have you tried Apache Tears? I've heard they're a "soft" black obsidian.

Black obsidian clears the mind and focuses the thoughts. It dampens the human habit of using the heart not the brain with respect to emotional attachments. If you have a habit of jumping feet first into relationships / friendships then wear obsidian. It also enhances self control and has a tendency of revealing secrets [my comment about one's flaws]. That's probably why you found that friendship crushed suddenly - in all actuality a part of you was already thinking this friendship is no good, you just needed a bit of a push to actually end it.

It does and it doesn't depend on a person's personal experience. As I said obsidian is a stone to focus, it reveals things you've put in the back of your mind & would rather ignore. People don't like having every little thing dragged to the light.

Now this is the difference between obsidian and tourmaline I've found.

Obsidian is good if you want a "kick in the butt" to end a bad relationship.
Tourmaline if you are going to work, school, family reunions where the atmosphere is "toxic" as some say.
Obsidian if you want a smack upside the head about a flaw of yours.
Tourmaline if you want to ease your self doubts.
Obsidian can and will give you negative energy. If you look around most of the more accurate crystal websites say that obsidian is a stone to use consciously [not throw in a pocket] or use sparingly.
Pure tourmaline changes negative to positive, flecked tourmaline I've heard actually "zings" the person who sent you that bad energy
Obsidian is a catalyst to encounter the spiritual, it enhances almost every version of clairvoyance people can achieve.
Tourmaline is a very good grounding stone and good if starting off with exploring psychic abilities.
Obsidian is fast hence why people don't like it - you can go from 0 to 60 in seconds. It was formed very quickly & this reflects.
Tourmaline as I said is softer, a bit less "wow nelly you're dragging me down the runway". It is a slower formed stone and this reflects.

I've used both & black onyx. I prefer obsidian and onyx. I don't like tourmaline at all for it doesn't have as much of an edge for clairvoyance as obsidian. Some would say otherwise. But I have a highly developed sixth sense and sense things people just don't unless it is dancing in front of them with a neon sign. No nothing as dramatic as ghosties or goblins.

For example, a few years ago I stopped a woman, she isn't the only one 95.5% of people ignore but I have gone back to, from committing suicide. She was standing by the railing of a three story mall complex. Looked perfectly normal. Was txting. Dozens of people went by - when I did someone or something whispered "I want to die" and I turned right around. I spent four hours with her, bought her tea & some food at the mall's coffee place, and listened to her woes before she even became agreeable enough to let me call an ambulance..... Or last year when dining with my brother & a friend I was out of my seat and halfway across the restaurant before the wife's husband started to cause a scene as she began suffering a seizure.

Obsidian opens the eyes, to me in that sense tourmaline is a very pretty stone & not much else.

Again black tourmaline is the best bet or onyx. Negative energy, psychic energy, reduces stress / tension, depression, etc. In fact most black stones offer the same thing to varying degrees. Obsidian and hematite, which I don't see mentioned (probably cause to most it is too much), are very good in the "butt biting" department as well.

Last edited by Ginsune : 23-05-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 23-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Knower

I have to correct a mistake I've made here: the stone which was intense wasn't black obsidian (although it too was intense in a different way), it was hematite: another black stone used for protection.

As my memory recalls, what I really liked about black obsidian before I lost it, was its ability to ground me well on the earth AND be present spiritually at the same time. It had an earthly-spiritual quality to it.
Old 24-05-2016, 01:40 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamind
I have to correct a mistake I've made here: the stone which was intense wasn't black obsidian (although it too was intense in a different way), it was hematite: another black stone used for protection.

As my memory recalls, what I really liked about black obsidian before I lost it, was its ability to ground me well on the earth AND be present spiritually at the same time. It had an earthly-spiritual quality to it.

I was actually wondering if it was obsidian - hematite has similar mind focusing properties and is good for a confidence boost.

Tourmaline is quite similar with the grounding, actually better than obsidian I've been told and yes I suppose it can be, and it is well recorded for protecting against spiritual and psychic attacks.
Old 27-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Pathfinder

Aegirine is the answare. Strongest protection, clearing stone ive come across.
Old 27-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Pathfinder

Gensune, use Aegirine with Apache Tears, they enhance each other. Apache Tears can unfreeze stuck up emotions for processing.
Old 27-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Pathfinder

Black calcite sometimes called Master Shamanite is also a very protective stone if your exposed to much negativity.
Old 27-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Experiencer
Originally posted by Byrial
Quote:
Gensune, use Aegirine with Apache Tears, they enhance each other. Apache Tears can unfreeze stuck up emotions for processing.

I did not know that Apache Tears can unfreeze stuck up emotions for processing, I just went to go pick up some stones to help me and felt compelled to buy an Apache Tear, I am in the process of trying to let go of my past so I may move on, maybe the stones can pick you sometimes :)