Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-04-2015, 01:36 AM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaidaMidnight
I have been involved with tarot for over 10 years, but I would not class myself as an expert reader.

Ten years is a lot of experience and study. I'd say a decade puts you in the expert category.

Quote:
I do not read professionally, but I have and still do, read for friends and family if asked and I find for the most part my readings resonate with them and are accurate.

And you say you're not expert? I disagree!

Quote:
I do not do readings about any type of health/medical questions (I am not a qualified medical practioner, so why would i)
I do not read for third parties..
I do not do general readings (I prefer to have a question, or at least an area of concern)
I do not give readings about physical death of either the sitter or someone they know, to me that is unethical..

Excellent ethics. I'll do general readings occasionally, but if I sense the person is doing it as a test, I'll decline. I also never read for minors.

Quote:
I do not use the tarot as a predictive tool, IMHO I do not see how that would work as free will and choices people make will affect their lives.

You're not alone in that belief. More than one of my students has felt the same way. I think it's a genuine way to view and use the cards.

Quote:
I am an ethical and honest reader, if I do see problems in a reading I will discuss this with the sitter, but I would never predict something good or bad would definately happen, because as already said, nothing is set in stone and no one can be 100% correct... That's my personal view.

Exactly! And discussing problem areas is different from predicting death. Most readers do the same thing with difficult issues they might perceive.

(And give yourself more credit. )
Old 14-04-2015, 08:50 AM
KaidaMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
Ten years is a lot of experience and study. I'd say a decade puts you in the expert category.

Thankyou Everly for your kind words, I do not do as many readings as perhaps I should, I still get stumped with certain ones and when that happens I do question my ability as a reader... sometimes I have to ponder over a reading, or certain cards for a little while until I get that "aha" moment and it all falls into place and the reading comes together perfectly..

Quote:
(And give yourself more credit. )

I will try, I am not a naturally confident person and I am really working hard to try and rectify that

Thanks again for your comments