Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 11-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Experiencer

well

Some may want to know to get their affairs in order, just in case. Others may fear a self fulled prophecy type of thing. Many may see it as a wake up call. Most would just laugh it off.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Phoenix-Healer

What confuses me, here, is how you expect to predict a set in stone event over a constantly shifting concept like the future. I always believed any form of divination was more guiding a person to a desired outcome based on allowing them to see the possible outcomes of present choices. More of an advanced form of saying, 'if I walk into the middle of the street without looking both ways, how likely am I to get hit'. I guess in that case wouldn't it be less predicting death as much as see the consequence of their action as possibly being so stupid they might get killed? I would think they would just earn a free slap in the back of the head for it, personally. I am not as skilled at rune-casting as some of you are at tarot reading, but that is my point of view. I happily welcome responses from such skilled tarot readers, might help me with my rune casting.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Master
I understand what you are saying Phoenix-Healer.
I see it all as a certain mathematical probability if things continue on their present course so to speak - it doesn't mean the prediction is going to nessasarly come true, just as things are now that' the most probable timeline of unfolding.

I did a lot of experimenting with both Rune Castings and with Remote viewing the stock market and studied Future Probability lines.
What I learned was the future out the prediction was the more probability it would change.
With the stock market a prediction or remote viewing of closing price was pretty stable within a week's time period. Let's say on a number seen like 111.111 that in 6 days time when the stock closed it might have only changed if at all to 111.112
However when the stock was ran out 3 weeks the closing numbers looked like 111.256
While 2 months out the actual closing number from what was seen as 111.111 was at closing time actually 137.894 Which represented a lot of change.
With Runes they are very accurate for 3 months out, further though I find to many random events have effected the outcome to have any sense at the time of reading that even 80% of the reading could be considered reflective of the actual future its predicting.

So what I really found through studying Prediction vs elapsed time was that the further out I went the more wiggle room there was in the particulars being how the whole situation would actually land.

So that's just 3D perspective.... then there's the random "Lap of the God's' factor and the "You are not to know this at this time and if you keep trying to get the answer you'll be tossed a Red Herring"
Sometimes it's the very knowledge of a thing will affect its outcome - so we are protected/prevented from seeing it.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:43 PM
spirit72

I am guessing someone has already said this, but the death card should never be read as a human loss card, it should be given as the death of a situation, or relationship, job for instance...
its a learning curve, and would not worry about it, what you do need to ask, is if this so called friend is so intent on calling you out, is he a friend at all..? choose your family wisely, only surround yourself in love...
Old 11-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Phoenix-Healer

hmm, never thought of it from that angle. Easier to see the more immediate consequences of a choice, then. So, if I am getting it correctly, correct me if I am wrong, it is kind of like if someone bonks me on the head, it is easy to see that it will hurt right off that bat, but becomes a little tricky to see that pesky migraine that might come say ten hours later. (just a for instance) But, like I said, if the variables in a choice point to the poor guy landing in a six foot hole, even though we cannot see what silly choice is in the guy's head, doesn't the correct response become: 'what in the world do you want to do that for?' You know, something blunt to dissuade the person from making a choice that harmful. The person obviously comes with something on his mind that is detrimental to his life, and seeing the outcome of it gives him a chance to stop it. I really do appreciate the perspective on rune casting too, gives me a bit of insight on why I prefer it so much. Thank you.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Knower
Pheonix-Healer - Nothing is set in stone, true. The cards predict the way things may turn out if the querent stays on the same path.

Spirit72 - The Death card was not shown in the spread
Old 11-04-2015, 08:33 PM
Master
Yes, as I understand it based on studying my own results from several different methodologies, your on track Phoenix.

In a synopsis it sorta looks like this:
Earth Free will zone - all cast are based on probability based on amount of time elapsed till predicted event + persons usual path voices on decision making.

More time from moment of cast till event is to happen introduces more choices and random things which can cause the event not to happen or other peoples choices to change the decision said person makes in the situation when it occurs causing a different outcome.

Elapsed time = instability in exactness of predicted outcome due to earth being a duality free will zone.

For a while I was traveling via esthetic projection into the future, following a specific timeline. First it was a tunnel ending in a specific place and setting, next jump forward there were multiple branches and one had to be selected which had the most energy in it (meaning most probable), the next series of jumps the timeline not only split into multiple branches like a tree, but it made multi-dimensional splits and alternate earth splits - it was impossible to navigate at that point.... as the possible permutations had grown to exponentially and all had nearly the same amount of energy in them - meaning all outcomes were equally possible in the far enough future.
In this case I was only shooting about 10 years into the future when the impossible branching occurred on the subject of my time jumping.

This applies to all forms of future casting via divination - go FAR enough into trying to predict something in the future and there's a near infinity of possibilities all nearly equal probability.

This isn't to say Rare Talents can't do it - it's just saying it takes something very unique and rare to navigate with success the utter mess of probable timelines to find the one which will actually unfold in THIS timeline and Now.
Old 13-04-2015, 06:20 AM
Everly

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I do hope you can read the cards better than you can plain English text because you seem to be quite the expert at non-sequiturs.

Show me a non sequitur I've posted. (It's not hyphenated, btw.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
a) Owning one or more tarot decks does not mean the owner is a tarot reader.
b) Tarot cards are not limited to tarot readings/fortune telling. They have other uses such as Kabbalistic pathworking, meditation, art-loving, collecting.
c) Therefore it is possible to own tarot cards and use them for something other than reading.

True on all three points. But since you aren't a reader, then it only follows that you have limited, if any, knowledge and experience with reading. Therefore, I think your opinion should only be offered from the viewpoint of a potential client, not from the standpoint of a reader. This dramatically affects any credence given to your opinions.

Oh, and by the way...your youth is showing. Go clean up your room.

An alert to anyone who does any kind of readings:
In addition to the reality that no one can predict anything with 100% certainty and the ethics of predicting physical death, there are serious legal issues to consider. Anyone who isn't familiar with the legalities in their jurisdictions should get familiar right away. In many jurisdictions, predicting death can result in prosecution under various statutes (state) and ordinances (local). This may be different in countries other than the US, but I strongly suggest checking.
Old 13-04-2015, 10:34 PM
KaidaMidnight

I have been involved with tarot for over 10 years, but I would not class myself as an expert reader. I do not read professionally, but I have and still do, read for friends and family if asked and I find for the most part my readings resonate with them and are accurate.

Even though I am not a professional reader I have a code of ethics which I explain to my sitters prior to any reading this is just a brief example..

I do not do readings about any type of health/medical questions (I am not a qualified medical practioner, so why would i)
I do not read for third parties..
I do not do general readings (I prefer to have a question, or at least an area of concern)
I do not give readings about physical death of either the sitter or someone they know, to me that is unethical..

I always explain that my readings are for guidance only and if the reading points to a particular path the sitter needs to follow to attain a certain favourable outcome then it is their choice whether to follow my advice or not.
I do not use the tarot as a predictive tool, IMHO I do not see how that would work as free will and choices people make will affect their lives.
I am an ethical and honest reader, if I do see problems in a reading I will discuss this with the sitter, but I would never predict something good or bad would definately happen, because as already said, nothing is set in stone and no one can be 100% correct... That's my personal view.
Old 13-04-2015, 11:19 PM
Neville

As an aside...when very new to reading ..I did a reading for a friend .I read, as most of us do at the beginning of our learning to read, that which I saw (not what I was given or intuited) just straight meanings...

The reading was appalling ...Every future Card a Spade (I started my cartomancy with regular playing Cards)

I was embarrassed.. Sure, my sitter had picked the cards..but gosh ..all this gloom and negativity ... I faltered..Could not complete the reading at all.. My sitter interceded and said ;

"it's OK Neville, I know I won't see my 22nd Birthday"

evidently she saw my discomfort, but I really don't know who was the more psychic at the time.

Sadly my sitter died in a motorcycle accident shortly after her 21st Birthday,,Thankfully she has been in visitation since in Spirit form to let me know she is Fine..

The point is.. I have been and remain very uncomfortable with bearing bad news in a reading, because it is my belief that when one seeks a reading, what they really seek is reassurance and upliftment...

So then..

The Tower Card....

"Your World will be suddenly swept from under you with disastrous consequences for you emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually..."

You just wouldn't would you ?

Better perhaps

"Sudden transformation, a clearing of the decks.. Opportunity for a brand new beginning.."

I digress... Bad news ..if worded correctly can be made to appear good news... The onus rests firmly on the shoulders of the reader...