Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
The thrill of coming back is infinite and I once to come back to this planet to be with all those whom I might miss or to please those who might have grieved for me at my departure and a second-coming will be a moment of rejoice amongst my nears and dears. The very though of coming back is so much exhilarating what about really coming back?

i like this way of viewing it...

i really don't want to live again, especially from what i remember about all my past lives, and this one, but i can feel this attachment to life and to all my soul mates, it would be exhilarating...
i even know my soul craves to learn extremely hard lessons in the end, in all i guess i truly do like this game of hide and seek
Old 21-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Ezekiel

Yes our purpose is to re-unite with God and achieve oneness with Him.

We continually reincarnate so we can grow in unity with God, repeating life lessons in order to transcend and awaken.

Though there are some have incarnated in order to serve humanity.
Old 21-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Animus27

People are stupid; that's why anyone does anything. - Homer Simpson.
Old 21-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Why do we seek to come back if we know that life might be one of hardship and in the end death again ?

If the Soul truly holds memory as many of us feel it does then WHY does it choose to come back over and over again. Many of us have hard lives faced with physical and mental at times hardships. We too at times have a life of great loss around us. Personal struggles or living condition struggles. YET our Soul comes forth again and again.

One can say its on that path of learning to become enlightened but what does that path truly mean ? Enlightened to what ? To be what ?

Lynn
Why WOULDN'T you want to come back, to enjoy life once again? You focus on the hardships in life when you should really be focusing on all the great things, even the bad things come with a good side in it, learning experience! To experience the first kiss again, to experience an entirely different life that could possibly be a lot better than your last one you just had. Some people come back as different species and others come back as a different race or gender, just to try it out. If life isn't a beautiful thing, then what good is it to even be living this one?
Old 21-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
Yes our purpose is to re-unite with God and achieve oneness with Him.

We continually reincarnate so we can grow in unity with God, repeating life lessons in order to transcend and awaken.

Though there are some have incarnated in order to serve humanity.
You mean to leave Heaven to try to re-enter it?
Old 21-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Ezekiel

As I understand it, if this is your first plane of existence then no you did not "leave" heaven so to speak.

The human soul is truly "born" into the 3rd density in order to grow, learn and awaken. This is the experience of existence.

But, there are some who have "left" heaven, who have already transcended the physical plane. They come back in order to serve humanity with certain goals and missions in their divine groups. Once they awaken they can basically receive orders from heaven and act them out on the physical plane which provides much more leeway than from the spiritual.

ALL exists in unity with God.

Last edited by Ezekiel : 21-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 22-11-2010, 01:55 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
People are stupid; that's why anyone does anything. - Homer Simpson.
This could be seen as quite close to truth if one takes the Tibetan Book of the Dead as authoritative on the subject matter.

A short summary. After death experiences are foreign and powerful (feelings are magnified 7 times). In particular, it is the encounter of the white light which the ordinary mind cannot cope with. This is despite a series of benign deities trying to get its meaning across, followed by a series of wrathful ones. This is based on the principle that if you don't listen when I speak nicely maybe shouting may get my point across.
If one still does not listen the opportunities for liberation pass and eventually the physical world presents itself once more. It looks alluring, mainly because we know it and our habitual forces draw us towards it. In the end one may enter another womb.

The stupidity is in not preparing ourselves for this bardo, not listening to the assistance provided during that time, and in the end not seeing that it is sheer habit which pulls us back into the next cycle.
Old 22-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
This could be seen as quite close to truth if one takes the Tibetan Book of the Dead as authoritative on the subject matter.

A short summary. After death experiences are foreign and powerful (feelings are magnified 7 times). In particular, it is the encounter of the white light which the ordinary mind cannot cope with. This is despite a series of benign deities trying to get its meaning across, followed by a series of wrathful ones. This is based on the principle that if you don't listen when I speak nicely maybe shouting may get my point across.
If one still does not listen the opportunities for liberation pass and eventually the physical world presents itself once more. It looks alluring, mainly because we know it and our habitual forces draw us towards it. In the end one may enter another womb.

The stupidity is in not preparing ourselves for this bardo, not listening to the assistance provided during that time, and in the end not seeing that it is sheer habit which pulls us back into the next cycle.

Hello

I so like this reply. I have that book and I find I go to it often for thoughts.

"In the end one may enter anothe womb." That so to me speaks of what coming back must truly feel like. To have one's Soul that is maybe shared in lifetimes with many come a new again. Holding with it the memories maybe of whom we once were.

Lynn
Old 12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Why do we seek to come back if we know that life might be one of hardship and in the end death again ?

If the Soul truly holds memory as many of us feel it does then WHY does it choose to come back over and over again. Many of us have hard lives faced with physical and mental at times hardships. We too at times have a life of great loss around us. Personal struggles or living condition struggles. YET our Soul comes forth again and again.

One can say its on that path of learning to become enlightened but what does that path truly mean ? Enlightened to what ? To be what ?

Lynn

The reason doesn't have to be complicated. Many teachings tell us the soul understands. The soul has seen what you are not permitted at this time. When we return we lose that knowledge and the slate is clean again. It is an opportunity to become.......
Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Sleepygrass

I think that no matter how bad your life has been, that once we return to the source, we re-remember that life is all but a dream, and that nothing could ever do us any harm.