Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful to you?
It was helpful and I will use it in my meditations/life. 4 40.00%
It was helpful but I will not implement anything in it. 2 20.00%
I could not understand it/needed more information. 0 0%
It was too long and I didn't read all of it. 1 10.00%
I disagree with what it said. 1 10.00%
I have no opinions or thoughts about it-don't care. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2011, 09:01 PM
ZeroPointField

Hey Sozerious. Thanks for the reply. I did LOVE your original post and I will refer back to it for sure, and the subsequent stuff. As I mentioned before, we learn at the school I'm attending that grounding and connecting to the earth are very foundational for doing the kind of thing you're referring to. I realize you said the term grounding just refers to a release of energy, but in our school and the way I use the term it means both that and connecting to the earth. Maybe just semantics or maybe an incorrect use of the term, but it's what I'm used to. Just wanted to let you know what I meant if I say grounding in the future.

We connect in at least two ways at school. Growing roots through our feet, and then also through what we call the hara, or intention, line. If you're familiar with Barbara Brennan, she explains it in her books. It's a line that connects to the center of the earth and is on a whole different "dimension" than your energy system. It's where the tan tien talked about in martial arts and Chinese medicine is found.

And on my own, I do, or want to do more than actually happens, various things similar to what you talk about of connecting to the earth on different levels. You have given me some great new insights in how to think about it though. I love the emotional feel of earth energy.

7Luminaries, you also gave me some good insight. I like the idea of getting out into nature and just connecting more physically through gardening, walks, etc.

Sozerius, as for how energy works, what it is, etc., I would say I have a very thorough conceptual understanding of it, though not as much experientially. I'm working on my ability to sense energy, and have made quite a bit of progress in some areas, but relatively speaking I'm not very good at sensing energy. I can get "information" about people or things pretty well sometimes, and I get pretty intuitive about a person's true nature when they're speaking to me, and I sense emotions pretty strongly. However, when it comes to our healing sessions and working with the energy in someone's field, chakras, etc. I get hardly any, or often none at all, kinesthetic feel of the energy or visual sense of the energy, etc or really any sense of the energy a lot of the time. I do get something that we call "direct knowing", which means I can often sense a level of the field or a chakra or a block, etc. some of the time - well I wouldn't even call it "sensing" I guess - I "know" where it is, but I have no kinesthetic or tactile sense, I don't see it, or hear it, feel it, etc. So I think that's pretty much where I'm at with this.

I actually I am possibly going to work with someone I met online anytime now to remove an energetic block they see which they tell me is blocking my capabilities of sensing energy. I would be very curious about this session in particular to know if your guide has any advice about it.