Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-02-2014, 05:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
You can't and shouldn't respect the opinion of someone who is breaking apart an otherwise happy and functioning family. That's just wrong. Convention for convention's sake is wrong.

Public stonings leave the one being stoned defenseless, but in the fact it's this person is abusing social power and privilege.

I've only heard a bit of the story from one side, and I can be sure that none of us knows the full story.

Quote:
I'm speaking from a position of contemporary political theory, which is a model of morality that applies even to people who don't believe in it.

All that this "reasonable person" would stand to lose is the size of their ego. The original poster would lose their family. The stakes do not compare, and the person you keep insisting is reasonable is not because they haven't checked their privileges.

I don't think social services discloses who makes a report, so I wouldn't make that judgement on hearsay. I usually take 'He said she said' with a grain of salt.

It's possible that impression that has been made is fairly accurate, and the person is malicious, who knows? I guess I reserve judgement.
Old 24-04-2014, 06:09 AM
Guernica

Lexie, I know this post is like two month-old but I want to tell you that I admire you for doing this. I've started to realize that everything we've been told about relationships and how they should be was not necessarily right and that every person should be free to live their love and family life as they wish to.

This is one great example that you've given. Everyone in your household is happy the way things are so why should you listen to other people's opinion on the subject? People who judge others are either just close-minded (from their education and the fact that they never ask themselves questions about why things should be meant to be a certain way or not) or they're just unhappy and frustrated and get their frustration out by throwing stones at other people who choose to live diffenrently in order to be happy.

So don't listen to your friend. Live your life like you want it to be and that's it.
Old 26-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Knower

Sounds overly complicated to me, you have chosen to break all the rules. One of a lesbian couple I know is getting impregnated by the others brother to keep DNA in the family. I just don't get it... why create such complications? I wonder how the kid is going to handle it, I wonder how other children will treat the child. With the advent of gay marriage, gays having kids too is not an easy pill for our culture to swallow, our societal roots are and will always be puritanical whether we like it or not. Change does not come easy here.

Another lesbian couple I adore have adopted 2 at risk children. It warms my heart to see these kids flourishing. The compassion of this couple has earned them community respect and does much to erase the stigmatism of homosexuality. This is a time of great change in our society, the more people choose noble behaviors and opposed to self-centered options, the easier the change will be for all of us most importantly the children.

Just my honest response. If you are concerned about peoples reactions to your very unusual arrangement....show them your nobility.