Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 15-09-2014, 09:46 PM
dawn chorus

Isolation

Hi :)

I have for the past few years, been in quite an isolating situation after experiencing some difficulties in my life where I was living in a city and had to move back to my mother's home which is in a very rural area. I do not drive, which makes it hard to get out of the village in which I live, and I work from home and in a small pub in the village. I find myself getting frustrated with my situation and wanting to move away or to change my path in some way but I also feel a pull to stay here also.
My relationship with my mother was strained whilst growing up and I feel as though a part of why I moved away was to get away from my home situation and when I moved back I felt as though our relationship began to heal.
I guess the reason why i'm posting on here is to see whether other people have had anything similar along their path to healing? I also wonder if part of my feeling a pull to stay here is because she is a very isolated person herself, she doesn't have a partner, she doesn't have many friends and she barely leaves the house. I wonder if i'm feeling the need to stay here for her or for myself.
I have read things about isolation being a part of the spiritual path, a time for inner reflection, and I feel as though part of my situation is to do with that, but I also wonder if there is some co-dependency going on between myself and my mother and if that is a damaging thing or if it's okay to have a bit of that.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Experiencer
Isolation could be damaging,or could be a healing time,or a part of the spiritual path,it depends mostly upon how you feel about it and how you look at the whole picture.Maybe you are where you are needed.Usually an isolation time is part of inner healing,or healing a relationship.Co-dependency i think is something which can be changed in a positive way without any form of separation,meaning it's a bond and that bond can be experienced as such,there's no need to view things as black or white.The point of view is of essence,and,from what i've learnt,the more we think there is a good experience versus bad experience,the more confused we are.So,going with the flow is the best for situations like this one,besides,things are changing constantly and the needs of today are different from the needs of tomorrow.
Take this experience of isolation as a valuable,focuse your intent on the healing aspects of this situation.
Old 16-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Suspended
co-dependency and fear. This kind of isolation is not the same as being isolated on a mountain top. Thus is Spiritually different.

Be sure to follow your own path and live where you feel not so isolated. You still can visit, and be with your mother from time to time.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Knower
Sounds like you're asking the right questions.

Most likely the answers will come and by the way you word your questions, you probably suspect what those answers are!

I agree with Thunder Bow - follow your own path. You cannot be responsible for your mother happiness, that's her job. However, you may choose to continue living with her as a concious decision to further the healing. As long as you follow the path with most excitement and passion, it will be the right one

Sometimes, that can even be to do nothing, so long as you are in charge...

And if it is a co-dependent relationship for you, it is possible to change that without leaving, as yolxochitl says. It's all up to you!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:01 PM
dawn chorus

Thank you all for your responses.
I have been reading some Ekhart Tolle books lately which have really resonated with me and helped me to just let go of my conceptions of how I want my life to be and thus stop resisting what is happening in my life at the moment. This has helped a lot, even though I do think there is co dependency in the relationship with my mother, being aware of it and trying to change it is the right thing for me to do right now without necessarily moving out as I think there are more important things to address first before taking that step.
Thanks again for your words, they have helped :)