Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 24-03-2011, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
I use a Brita filter, is that good? I have really been drinking a lot more water since. I am a soda addict!

A brita filter, or any filter, will help tap water be better than fountain water. You must also watch drinking out of plastic water bottles. As some will say that that is not good for you.

Soda, however, you have to watch. When I was younger I was a huge soda drinker. Probably drinking anywhere from 3-5 liters a day. With soda you have two bad things. Caffeine which can cause a ton of other issues, such as anxiety, and heart palpitations. You also have the carbonation which can not be to good for a persons stomach.
Old 24-03-2011, 03:23 AM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
A brita filter, or any filter, will help tap water be better than fountain water. You must also watch drinking out of plastic water bottles. As some will say that that is not good for you.

Soda, however, you have to watch. When I was younger I was a huge soda drinker. Probably drinking anywhere from 3-5 liters a day. With soda you have two bad things. Caffeine which can cause a ton of other issues, such as anxiety, and heart palpitations. You also have the carbonation which can not be to good for a persons stomach.

Thanks! I know the soda drinking doesn't help, but the Brita water does taste good and does keep me drinking water throughout the day.
Old 24-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks! I know the soda drinking doesn't help, but the Brita water does taste good and does keep me drinking water throughout the day.

Water can quench a persons thirst better than soda. Which is why you can end up drinking a lot of soda, and still be thristy. More so if you are out in heat.
Old 24-03-2011, 03:33 AM
tragblack

Today was one of those days where I woke up craving water really bad. You ever have one of those days? You wake up in the morning and you nearly burst your stomach drinking water because you've got some mad craving?
Old 24-03-2011, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Today was one of those days where I woke up craving water really bad. You ever have one of those days? You wake up in the morning and you nearly burst your stomach drinking water because you've got some mad craving?

There are days when I wake up thirsty, and need something to drink, and it takes a glass or two. If it's something that were to happen all the time then it would be advisable to see a doctor for an underlying issue that may not be noticed.

Though, I don't drink that much at a time to burst ones stomach, that may not be a good thing.
Old 24-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladofthelight
Can anyone suggest a recipe for a liver cleanse?

Thanks!

Milk Thistle in a standardized extract is the best of the Liver treatments~
So effective it can save you from dying of liver failure from death-cap mushroom poisoning~
Old 24-03-2011, 05:08 AM
tragblack

Quote:
If it's something that were to happen all the time then it would be advisable to see a doctor for an underlying issue that may not be noticed.

Nah. It used to happen more when I was younger and in school. Once a month or two back then, at most. Today was the first time it has happened in years.

Quote:
Though, I don't drink that much at a time to burst ones stomach, that may not be a good thing.

I was being a little sarcastic. What I meant was, I drank so much I gave myself a little stomach-ache.
Old 24-03-2011, 07:46 AM
green

Quote:

you can add rose quartz to your Brita and even aquamarine, it does the water very well, it changes the taste. this is what we do here as the water taste so horrible.
we also use the Brita filter.

G
Old 24-03-2011, 03:15 PM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ROM***
But careful not to drink too much water... It's been known to cause problems.
Yes, too much water in a short space of time can burst your cells. So I would say at maximum two pints an hour. Actually not even that.. I'm not sure what the safe amount would be.

Green & Tragblack, Brita filters are good but they don't actually filter fluoride. Some countries don't add fluoride to the water so it depends on where you live but I recommend everyone does some research on the side effects of fluoride.
Old 24-03-2011, 04:57 PM
iolite

Milk thistle and N-acetyl-cysteine both are excellent liver detoxifiers. Vogel makes an excellent liver/gallbladder/kidney extract called milk thistle complex. Is this what you're looking for?